Wrestling Forum banner

Problem with Women in the crowds?

4836 Views 43 Replies 28 Participants Last post by  Lady Eastwood
First of all, no disrespect to any women who are genuinely marks for the wrestling shows, I don't mean to be sexist in any way.

I was talking with my cousin (female) who happens to be a big fan of WWE and we were discussing who our favourites were. I went through Rock, Punk, Rhodes, Barrett etc. She only said Cena...

When I asked her why she ONLY supports Cena she replied with all the "he's a nice guy" stuff along with the fact that she thinks he's hot.

This leads me to think that the reason the crowds with a high percentage of women and children only react for Cena is the corny gimmick and his looks.

I know this sounds incredibly hipster, but do you think WWE has become so mainstream that old school wrestling fans are actually a minority in the WWE Universe now?
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

· Registered
3,330 Posts
First of all, no disrespect to any women who are genuinely marks for the wrestling shows, I don't mean to be sexist in any way.

I was talking with my cousin (female) who happens to be a big fan of WWE and we were discussing who our favourites were. I went through Rock, Punk, Rhodes, Barrett etc. She only said Cena...

When I asked her why she ONLY supports Cena she replied with all the "he's a nice guy" stuff along with the fact that she thinks he's hot.

This leads me to think that the reason the crowds with a high percentage of women and children only react for Cena is the corny gimmick and his looks.

I know this sounds incredibly hipster, but do you think WWE has become so mainstream that old school wrestling fans are actually a minority in the WWE Universe now?
Why do you think I mark for Cody and Randy?

I mean really

· Registered
228 Posts

unfortunately mate, your not wrong :( . Crowds are dead these days, because a lot (not all) women and kids will turn up, not for a WRESTLING show, but instead to see Cena. WWE honestly could be called WWE & John Cena presents: RAW!

· Providing For My Family
8,521 Posts
This is nothing new OP. We are all fully aware WWE caters towards casual fans and children now because they're the majority. The product isn't really for us, we get some storylines that appeal to us (Summer of Punk) but alot of the time it's the stale, recyled, formulaic, storylines.

· Registered
12,721 Posts
John Cena featuring Monday night raw has a better sound to it.
"Monday Night Commercial Breaks and Social Media References featuring John Cena................oh and there's some guys fighting, too, I guess". Now you've got the truth.

· Registered
228 Posts
Remember the days when it didn't matter who cheered for who? Peperidge Farm remembers.
It doesn't matter now who we cheer for... people get pushed regardless. So SCREW YOU PEPERIDGE FARM! :lol

· Registered
1,497 Posts
As a female wrestling fan I am EMBARRASSED by my gender sometimes...all you hear at live shows is girls screaming when Cena takes his shirt off. same with Orton, most of his popularity from women is due to his body and the fact he sticks his ass in the air prior to the RKO.

Now I do mark for CM Punk and I do think he is attractive HOWEVER thats not the reason why I cheer him. I cheer him because I like him as a character and I respect his abilities. I hate Orton cause he is bland, boring and crap on the mic, he could strip completely off for all I care, it isnt going to change my opinion of him.

· Registered
3,330 Posts
I hate Orton cause he is bland, boring and crap on the mic, he could strip completely off for all I care, it isnt going to change my opinion of him.
Pfft, haha, boring and bland, crap even. :lol

· Registered
12,721 Posts
As a female wrestling fan I am EMBARRASSED by my gender sometimes...all you hear at live shows is girls screaming when Cena takes his shirt off. same with Orton, most of his popularity from women is due to his body and the fact he sticks his ass in the air prior to the RKO.

Now I do mark for CM Punk and I do think he is attractive HOWEVER thats not the reason why I cheer him. I cheer him because I like him as a character and I respect his abilities. I hate Orton cause he is bland, boring and crap on the mic, he could strip completely off for all I care, it isnt going to change my opinion of him.
Wait...so you don't wanna ride ol' Space Mountain? I thought all women did. :p

· Registered
7,009 Posts
Well I marked for Trish and Stacy because of their looks....can't really fault your cousin there. Most men don't have to worry aboot being entranced on Cena's looks. Poor ladies.

· Registered
1,497 Posts
Orton has great in ring skills, he's very fluid but I feel everything else lets him down. its all personal taste, really. hes too stoney faced for me. occasionally he lets himself go a bit but not enough. I feel like he would be a bore in real life, like he would drawl on like he does in his promos.

· Registered
1,497 Posts
I swing both ways so the Diva's cant be considered a break from it...just keep telling myself "i'm watching it for the wrestling, I'm watching it for the wrestling"...if its a crap match with hot people in it though then I might as well get something out of it cause it certainly isn't for the actual match...

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.