Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Banned
8,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
For some reason, when I go on this forum on Internet Explorer there are white bars on the left and right hand side, some things are in different places, the black box with the Upcoming Events thing inside it under the forum banner is much bigger, some of the text has changed colour and there are white patterns on top of the rows with the sections inside them going like this: -------- When I open the page, at first it's normal but after it loads for a few seconds it becomes a problem again. Plus, I'm not able to open drop-down lists.

It's not just on here though, on the BBC website the text is much bigger and some things are out of place.

It only started doing this yesterday and I don't know why. Can someone help me out?

·
BLUE IS BACK
9,773 Posts
probably not the answer you are looking for, but i suggest upgrading to firefox

and it might be a problem with your display settings.. not sure the exact reason, but it cant be anything major

·
Banned
8,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

The text size for Internet Explorer is normal (It's on medium which I think is normal and I tried smaller sizes and it didn't make a difference), I've reset my IE settings but still nothing has happened.

P.S. Sorry for the picture sizes.

·
BLUE IS BACK
9,773 Posts
Do you have the latest flash player/ has flash player gone corrupt? or even java

these could be causing it considering chrome runs a modified version of flash and java

Also it could be as simple as you having a proxy server running, so the site isnt loading fully

·
BLUE IS BACK
9,773 Posts
I think something like Shockwave Flash crashed. I think it said that on Google Chrome though.
I suggest just reinstalling flash, and if it doesnt work just reboot and it will likely work :)

and chrome works differently than most browsers. so it likely wouldnt make a difference

·
Banned
8,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I just uninstalled Adobe Flash Player 10 and Shockwave Flash Player 10 and reinstalled them but it hasn't made a difference to Internet Explorer. :(

·
Premium Member
3,256 Posts
since you said this has only started yesterday, why don't you just try a system restore back to just a day or two before the problem started?

·
Banned
8,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
OK...

I've decided to delete the account with the faulty IE and make a new one which has a working Internet on it so all is well. Thanks for helping, everyone!

·
Registered
86 Posts
Don't you love when people try pimping out Mozilla? If your not using Firefox in 2010 - there is probably a reason, LOL. Some people just do not enjoy Firefox.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts