Wrestling Forum banner

What was the match of the week?

• Santino Marella & Vladimir Kozlov def. William Regal & Zack Ryder

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • AJ Styles def. Global Champion Rob Terry (Global Championship Match)

• Taylor Wilde & Angelina Love def. Sarita & Knockouts Champion Madison Rayne

• Kurt Angle def. Hernandez

• Mr Anderson def. Matt Morgan

• Total voters
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
839 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Pro-Wrestling's Match of the Week - Discussion Thread! (19-25 July)

Hey guys,

I used to do these thread's on a weekly basis for Raw, SmackDown and ECW. I am bringing it back now, but will be replacing the now defunked ECW with TNA iMPACT! I have also done away with Superstars, sticking primarily to the companies' flagship brands. Anyway discuss the matches from this week's WWE RAW, WWE SmackDown, and TNA iMPACT in the thread and vote for your favourite matches on the above poll, you can vote for more than one match. Here are the match options from this past week in Pro-Wrestling...

WWE Raw

1) Randy Orton def. Chris Jericho & Edge (Number 1 Contender Triple Threat Match)
2) Eve Torres def. Maryse
3) WWE Champion Sheamus def. Evan Bourne
4) Santino Marella & Vladimir Kozlov def. William Regal & Zack Ryder
5) Wade Barrett def. Mark Henry

TNA iMPACT!

1) AJ Styles def. Global Champion Rob Terry (Global Championship Match)
2) Taylor Wilde & Angelina Love def. Sarita & Knockouts Champion Madison Rayne
3) Kurt Angle def. Hernandez
4) Samoa Joe vs Jeff Hardy (Time Limit Draw)
5) Mr Anderson def. Matt Morgan
6) Beer Money def. Tag Team Champions Motor City Machine Guns (Street Fight)

WWE SmackDown

1) Drew MacIntyre & Cody Rhodes def. Matt Hardy & Christian
2) Dolph Ziggler def. Intercontinental Champion Kofi Kingston
3) Big Show def. Joey Mercury
4) Rey Mysterio def. Jack Swagger (Number 1 Contender 2-of-3 Falls Match)

·
Registered
839 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
For me, I have picked 3 matches from this week that I thought were all MOTW candidates. From Raw, it has to be the Number 1 Contender Triple Threat Match between Orton, Edge n Jericho, great match, with nice end. From iMPACT, Joe vs Hardy takes it, first ever meeting and a good solid 10 minute match with an open ending. From SD, has to be Rey vs Swagger 2-of-3 Falls, this was a nice long contest, was pulling for Swagger however.

·
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
9,500 Posts
I haven't watched impact this week so I'll have to give that one a miss.

But from Raw the triple threat was a great contest full of signature moves and near falls, it had everything you could ask for in a triple threat given away on free TV.

With Smackdown, as much as I like Rey and Swagger, I thought Kofi vs Ziggler was very impressive whivh could lead to bigger and better things for the feud.

·
Registered
839 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Want to hear everyone's thoughts on the matches this week. There's been a fair few people vote on the poll but not many comments. Keep em coming guys... this thread will be happening every week.

·
Registered
2,324 Posts
I never fail to be entertained by one of Ziggler's matches. His work is fantastic and he needs the IC strap asap

·
Registered
517 Posts
IMO its definately the Triple Threat Match for the Number 1 contender.

·
Registered
18,833 Posts
It's september already!NO!Summer went by too fast!!!

Triple threat was best of week though. Should have been main event match though as its almost a proven fact first hour of raw draws similar ratings every week.

·
Registered
839 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
There seems to be the general consensus that Jericho vs Orton vs Edge was the match of the week, especially impressive considering all three men were coming off the heels of a gruelling Money In The Bank Ladder Match in wich all of themtook some crazy bumps. I am suprised Samoa Joe vs Jeff Hardy hasn't got more vote, I wonder if its because not everyone on this forum watch TNA, I was under the assumption that most did.

·
Follower of Lockeism
13,482 Posts
There's been some pretty excellent matches on TV this week. I went for the RAW Triple threat between Orton/Edge/Jericho though, I thought it was near PPV quality.

·
Registered
6,319 Posts
Jericho vs Orton vs Edge.

Joe-Hardy was ok, but I preferred Joe-RVD. Bischoff's segment over the start of the match wasn't great, and I'd usually choose a match with a clean finish over a draw.

Swagger vs Mysterio was technically a good match, and the psychology was great. I just enjoyed it less than the triple threat I guess.

·
Registered
3,439 Posts
it's definetly the 3 way match with y2j,edge & orton;this match was epic and it featured my 3 favorite wwe superstars <3
By the way it was the best match of randy orton since his matches with triple h...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts