Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got done with all 4 Seasons including the movie and I thought they were great I never watched it when it was on Fox but checked it out on NetFlix and got hooked.

What does everyone else think of the series? Some people say it ended to early I say it ended on a high note better then what some shows do. They go and go and go till they turned a great show into crap.

Wentworth Miller who played Michael is a excellent actor.

·
Men of Mayhem
7,330 Posts
Ratings, it is simple as that.

The ratings it produced didn't stand up to what Fox wanted. Otherwise, you would have been granted your wish of having, at the very least, another season.

·
DAVID OTUNGA's Personal Assistant
9,748 Posts
the first two seasons were great.

but then it just got too-heavy handed and they were working with material they never should have had. it was a show that was basically designed for a couple seasons, and they tried to extend it. people just weren't interested, including me.

·
Valar Morghulis
7,600 Posts
idk why 3 is worse than 4. i thought killing whistler in the first episode of s4 after his build up was probably the worst thing i've ever seen.

actually they're about as bad, i don't really mind that order i guess.

·
Registered
6,124 Posts
Season 1 and 2 were great, really cinematic... However, you do not take a show called PRISON BREAK and make it last 4 seasons and a movie! You do 2 seasons and a big finale. You think people would learn from Sliders, good ratings does not = good tv, cut a show off when it peaks.

Smallville is the best example of why you do not do too many seasons (come to think of it Raw is pretty bad too) most shows should go 3 or 4 seasons, shows like Lost, Breaking Bad & Dexter should go 5 or 6 seasons, no show should go 9 or 10 seasons, and that's coming from a Seinfeld fan. Even Stargate should have stopped at 8.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I miss Prison Break.. I know it couldn't have lasted. but I still miss it :(

Season 3 failed because of the writers strike.. having to shut down early. Season 4 wrapped it up nicely.

·
Registered
894 Posts
Prison Break fucked up due to poor writing. I mean season 1 was great, season 2 followed up with that greatness and was so INTRIGUING, especially about the shadow goverment organisations running everything. Then they made the LAME decision of going to Panama, and putting Schofield in prison again. After that it just got more stupid and irrelevant by the day, and let's not get started with the Retardness that was Don Self and the Black Guy who killed Mahones family, albeit the death of Mahones family was a good idea to have more sympathy for Mahone, they just rushed the thing completley. Also how the fuck did SUCRE's GF get released from the basement that Brad Bellick locked her up after Blackmailing him to get Schofield?

Anyway- Season 3 should of been:

All Convicts still on the run - the whole idea of them being on the run all across America was so FRESH and Intriguing. In Season 3 they could of expanded so much more on the backround of other characters using their fight for freedom. It's just a shame that they ended the idea way too soon.

* Schofield's still on the run, then about half way through Tancredi get's kidnapped by the Company so Schofield has to give in to their demands (via gretchen), and get's detained in a US Military run prison - prefrebaly in Nevada or Texas.

* Bellick looking for the rest of the crew using Sucre as bait - say what you want, but evil bellick was hilarous. Would of been epic seeing him try to catch T-Bag and failing all the time lol

The season 2 episode in which Bellick is looking for the convicts, and happens to sit in the same commercial plane as T-bag was priceless :lmao

* Mahone - get's arrested as per usual at the end of season 2, not seen till Micheal spots him at the US Military owned prison. surprise, surprise - now they have to help each other out.

* Burrows - Doesn't really need to change that much, his character was alright, just the storyline of Prison break seasons 3+4 was gay.

·
The Power Of Three Will Set You Free
4,022 Posts
Like I said in another thread, Season 1 of Prison Break is the greatest season of any tv show. Every episode was great and I miss the show and I still watch it every now and then and of course, they have a Prison Break Video Game out for 360 and ps3 which is a ok game.

·
Registered
894 Posts
Like I said in another thread, Season 1 of Prison Break is the greatest season of any tv show. Every episode was great and I miss the show and I still watch it every now and then and of course, they have a Prison Break Video Game out for 360 and ps3 which is a ok game.
they should make a game based on Prison break season 2. However in order for that to work it would be like GTA America, and require a supercomputer as big as a house lol

·
Is a Snit Head
22,349 Posts
Prison Break fucked up due to poor writing. I mean season 1 was great, season 2 followed up with that greatness and was so INTRIGUING, especially about the shadow goverment organisations running everything. Then they made the LAME decision of going to Panama, and putting Schofield in prison again. After that it just got more stupid and irrelevant by the day, and let's not get started with the Retardness that was Don Self and the Black Guy who killed Mahones family, albeit the death of Mahones family was a good idea to have more sympathy for Mahone, they just rushed the thing completley. Also how the fuck did SUCRE's GF get released from the basement that Brad Bellick locked her up after Blackmailing him to get Schofield?
I think Bellick admitted to Sucre that he was lying the whole time about kidnapping the girl. It was just a bluff to get him to work with him.

I loved the first 3 seasons but really lost interest when they stopped being in prison. Until the last season Prison Break was my favorite TV show ever.

And I thought Bellick was one of the best characters on the show. I managed to go from hating him one season to just feeling really really sorry for the guy.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The Guy who played Brad Belick had to be convinced by his manager because he had a daughter and the character of Brad was very disgusting.

Wentworth Miller has gone on to bigger things Resident Evil After Life.

·
Lynskey Lover
774 Posts
Not got around to watching Season 4 yet, but it's a really great show.

I actually liked Season 3, but not so much the whole Sara Tancredi bullshit, I mean come on like they'd write out a major character like that!

I like T-Bag, yes he's a complete dirt worst scumbag, but he's a great character & a quality charmer too.

·
Registered
878 Posts
T-Bag favourite my fav character ever !!

season 1 and 2 were great, from there on it seemed rushed and outta ideas.

·
Registered
2,727 Posts
Prison Break's first season is I believe one of the greatest seasons of any show of all time.
Season 2 was good, went downhill from there.
The actor portraying T-Bag did an amazing job.

·
The human torch was denied a bank loan.
7,576 Posts
I remember eagerly waiting for the next episode every week, it was so good. I think I loved season 2 even more than season 1 because they escaped and then scattered over the US, it was awesome. Season 3 was just weird, a completely different show basically. Season 4 was confusing and long, but still better than season 3.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts