Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Know Your Worth
10,729 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After what looked like an apparent push for the PTP in August-September, it seems like that push is all but over now. It looks like they have been pushed all the way back to near the bottom of the totem pole. The tag team division is obviously being lead by the Shield and Rhodes' Brothers. In the next tier you have a couple of other good teams in the Usos and Real Americans. After that there's the recently debuted Los Matadores. And then you have the comedy teams like 3MB, Tons of Funk, Santino/Khali, and now... the Prime Time Players.

We haven't seen these guys on Raw in like a month and I wonder why. It's a shame because it seemed like they were on a huge role after their face turn and put on an awesome performance at Night of Champions. And it doesn't look like they'll be champions anytime soon seeing as the list of teams in front of them on the pecking order is quite big and their recent booking has downright sucked.

·
From parts unknown
23,266 Posts
I wouldn't be surprised that you and many other supporters didn't see the de-push coming.

WWE were in a way "forced" to push them because of Darren coming out and getting them massive media attention. If they hadn't at that point, it would've given rise to the "wwe hates gays" backlash. In effect, they pushed them, made it look like they're serious - but I don't think they ever were.

·
Registered
183 Posts
I think they may have been in the tag title picture along with the Usos had Goldust's return not gone over so well leading to the Rhodes family team and title run. The brief push for PTP did show that they had the potential to draw some support, so they'll probably still get involved sooner or later. Someone was bound to get pushed aside for a while given that WWE actually has quite a few good teams right now, combined with the factors that the Matadors and Real Americans are obvious adversaries and that the Usos are a much better compliment as the third part of a triangle with the SHIELD and Cody/Goldy mean that PTP get shoved to the backburner for now. If they were truly done in terms of push they'd have taken over at least a couple of the jobbing to Santino/Kahli or Real Americans segments that Tons of Funk and 3MB have had over the last few weeks.

·
HOPE
13,222 Posts
It's how the tag division works in the WWE these days. They forget about the belts for a few months then realise they need to be defended. A tag team like PTP or The Usos win a couple of matches and become the number one contenders because no other tag team has won a match in three months other than the champions. PTP or The Usos then lose their title match, before disappearing for another three months at which point they'll either win to become number one contenders again or lose to another team who will become number one contenders.

It's not like they don't have some half decent teams in the WWE these days, especially with Cody and Goldust there to help fill it out now. The problem is that WWE simply doesn't seem to care about the belts, thus they're never really featured and thus the tag division is never really featured. It's more likely that a team made up of two guys in a WrestleMania feud will win the titles than PTP or The Usos at this point.

·
Registered
2,655 Posts
Sadly the only reason they got TV time was Darren Young coming out so WWE could snag some good publicity for it. I am a fan of the PTP and would much rather see them than the Usos at HIAC, but creative just does not seem to be able to tie their own shoes these days so guys like this get left behind

·
Lurking. Always lurking.
4,725 Posts
Let's just see what happens now that the Shield has lost the titles for the time being, that should change up the dynamics of the tag division.
And they're still better off than ToF and 3MB. Now THOSE teams have jobber written all over them.

·
Registered
983 Posts
They're mini push was like the Uso's first, if only they could put them in a heated program with the Real Americans for now.

·
Registered
930 Posts
The WWE roster is actually pretty loaded with tag teams. The Shield, the Wyatts, the Usos, the Rhodes, the Primetime Players, the Real Americans, Los Matadores, Tons of Funk, 3MB, Santino and Khali. That's like half the roster. I can't remember the last time they had this many, and all of them besides the last three are title-worthy.

That's the PTP's problem right now honestly. Too many tag teams and they're a bit lost in the shuffle.

It is interesting how the WWE right now has four singles titles that they can't put together enough challengers for no how and one tag title that they have too many teams vying for.

·
Men with Ven
4,273 Posts
Even if they aren't really in the mix, I don't see why they couldn't have had a few Raw matches, just to keep them a tiny bit relevant if anything.

It's been too long since I've heard the Bark! Oorah Oorah Oorah

·
Registered
702 Posts
The Usos are being pushed. That doesn't mean the PTP are being de-pushed. The tag titles are main eventing shows right now. That's awesome for Prime Time Players. Right now I'd have them 5th in the pecking order but a couple of victories could put them back in title contention. For the record here's how I rank the division.

Rhodes Brothers
The Shield
The Usos
Wyatt Family
Prime Time Players
Real Americans
Los Matadores
Tons of Funk
3MB

·
WWE Golden Era Sim League President
3,295 Posts
Don't think Darren Young minds getting shafted.

·
my socks are wet
2,971 Posts
I think they are fine. Just because they don't appear on Raw one week and don't get the title shot, doesn't mean they aren't in the scene anymore.

·
Banned
14,118 Posts
After what looked like an apparent push for the PTP in August-September, it seems like that push is all but over now. It looks like they have been pushed all the way back to near the bottom of the totem pole. The tag team division is obviously being lead by the Shield and Rhodes' Brothers. In the next tier you have a couple of other good teams in the Usos and Real Americans. After that there's the recently debuted Los Matadores. And then you have the comedy teams like 3MB, Tons of Funk, Santino/Khali, and now... the Prime Time Players.

We haven't seen these guys on Raw in like a month and I wonder why. It's a shame because it seemed like they were on a huge role after their face turn and put on an awesome performance at Night of Champions. And it doesn't look like they'll be champions anytime soon seeing as the list of teams in front of them on the pecking order is quite big and their recent booking has downright sucked.
The bottom of the totem pole is the most superior though. Look it up :p.

It's definitely surprising because I thought the WWE were actually going to utilise them after they realised they had a great team on their hands.

Unfortunately it seems like they were just given a temporary push because Darren 'came out'.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts