Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Student of the game? I am the f***in' Game!!
8,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay now we can confirm this show is a lost cause. Sometimes WWE get worked by their own angles. They have convinced themselves these guys are really really green as portrayed on the show and are hesitant to push any of them.

Nobody is watching. Pointless challenges that has hardly anything to do with wrestling. Killing kayfabe(if people do dig this up somehow). All for minimum pay offs.

Why don't they save their own grief, cancel the production of this show and just wait til Tough Enough?

·
Banned
9,205 Posts
Yeah, that's a pretty shit prize to go for.

However I am enjoying the show thus far. As stupid as it can get, it is actually entertaining.

I think they're just stalling until they can get a television deal, then they can put the really good rookies on the next season. But who knows.

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
I agree with SummerLove the show is pretty entertaining to me so far, the wrestling is better than the last two seasons and some of the challenges are so bad they're hilarious.

And yeah, tag team titles aren't exactly the most appealing prize, but who knows it might be a sign they want to revive the tag team division once this season is finished.

·
Banned
1,189 Posts
Hey, Wade went at a top title, Kaval went for a midcard title, Kaitlin is going for the divas title eventually. THey can't repeat themselves because that would be boring so it has to be the tag titles of you think about it.

·
Registered
661 Posts
Okay now we can confirm this show is a lost cause. Sometimes WWE get worked by their own angles. They have convinced themselves these guys are really really green as portrayed on the show and are hesitant to push any of them.

Nobody is watching. Pointless challenges that has hardly anything to do with wrestling. Killing kayfabe(if people do dig this up somehow). All for minimum pay offs.

Why don't they save their own grief, cancel the production of this show and just wait til Tough Enough?
I have no idea where people are getting this "replacement" idea from. Tough Enough is a show in which nobodies get basic wrestling training and have the opportunity to gain a WWE contract based on certain qualities they have that WWE likes. From there, they would go to Florida Championship Wrestling and get their real training, and from there, they would go to NXT. NXT is for WWE contracted FCW workers who are already trained, which serves as an introduction onto television. They are nothing alike, NXT is simply an introduction method onto their actual programming.
This^

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
People, the tag titles are pretty much worthless atm i agree, but there's something to remember, it's not the title that makes the man, it's the man that makes the title. What i mean is the credibility of a title can either be brought up or down by superstars actually being any good and busting their asses. Heel trpile h lived and breathed the whc and he convinced everyone that the whc is the only thing that matters to him. When you have a guy who lives and breathes a title it can build up the credibilty of a title. Then you give the whc to the likes of khali, you don't even get the sense that he cares half as much for the title as eg trips did back in the day and that right there brings down the credibility of a title. What makes a main eventer isn't winning a world title, it's all about what he does with the title after he won it. Does this guy and every superstar on the roster care enough and have a passion for a title to get the general public or WWE Universe to care for that title too?...the tag titles and every title can get back the credibility it once had, if the guys in this business start caring, living, breathing(maybe not so much bleeding) these titles again

·
Banned
10,897 Posts
If WWE ever got serious about pushing the titles, they could make them worthy again. To have a division cared about, you need a solid number of participants in it. Having Santino & Koslov, and the Usos, and ???? in the tag division doesn't scream prestige. Forces them to make random pairings (Rhodes/McIntyre, Cena/Otunga etc to put them on once the champions run their course. Any actual tag team they cannot wait to eventually break them up - look at Hart Dynasty, Cryme Tyme, Dudebusters, Gatecrashers etc

1 - 8 of 8 Posts