Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Banned
7,973 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
TNA Continues International Growth - New Countries & Programming

Total Nonstop Action Wrestling (TNA) announces that TNA Wrestling programming can now be seen in over 100 countries and in 17 languages. Over the past few months, TNA Wrestling​ re-launched in Australia, renewed television deals in France, Israel and Turkey, as well as, inking new deals in Africa, Europe and the Middle East scheduled to be on air later this month.

In June, TNA Wrestling and Fuel TV reached an agreement to broadcast TNA's flagship television show, IMPACT WRESTLING every Saturday to fans in Australia. In July, TNA locked in a deal to launch weekly programming on Turkey's Cine5. In August, TNA came to terms with FX Middle East to air TNA Xplosion​ while also extending their current distribution agreements to air IMPACT WRESTLING, along with their 12 monthly Pay-Per-Views in France and Israel with Ma Chaine Sport and Ananey's Ego Total respectively.

Starting in September, TNA Wrestling will debut two new television shows, "TNA's Greatest Matches" to be aired throughout the Middle East, Europe and Africa on the Extreme Sports Channel and "Classic IMPACT" on Africa's Supersport network.

"TNA's Greatest Matches" is a new weekly series on Extreme Sports Channel across multiple territories in Europe, Africa and the Middle East. The show will feature the very best matches from TNA Pay-Per-Views over the last two years.

Also new to TNA's lineup is "Classic IMPACT" which will air on Africa's Supersport station. "Classic IMPACT" will bring fans of Africa the very best matches and storylines from past IMPACT WRESTLING episodes.

"We have made tremendous growth across the globe over the past few years," states TNA Executive Vice President Andy Barton. "We are continually recognizing key markets that we need to embrace and we are thrilled with our recent additions to Europe, Africa, Australia and the Middle East."

Over the next five months, TNA Wrestling is planning several international live tours. In November, TNA will make stops in Santiago, Chile, and Buenos Aires, Argentina. In early 2012, TNA Wrestling will makes its much anticipated, seven stop tour of the United Kingdom, Germany and Belgium.

http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/headlines/Press_Release_TNA_Continues_International_Gro.php

So much for them going out of business.

·
Registered
4,019 Posts
"TNA's Greatest Matches"sounds good. i think everyone can enjoy watching this

·
Banned
350 Posts
From a low-budget, pay-per-view-only fed with a limited roster, to a world-wide promotion with a stacked roster and 1.6M weekly domestic viewers (and hundreds-of-thousands more international viewers)─all in a period in which McMahon has had a near monopoly on U.S. wrestling─is one of the best wrestling stories of the past decade.

TNA's growth has been simply amazing.

·
Banned
15,929 Posts
Good news. Every expansion is good.

·
Registered
859 Posts
This OP is for the haters saying a certain company won't survive the next year with Bischoff and Hogan around. I guarentee they wouldn't have been able to get global like this without star power like RVD and Hogan(even if i don't like it myself). My dad only knows one wrestler amd its hogan

·
Registered
3,162 Posts
Is there is a sizable market in these areas that TNA can make a profit off of? Are you aware of kinds of programming are successful in these countries? Have you cared to think about this any further beyond trying to say "gotcha" to critics of the his company?

·
Banned
7,973 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Is there is a sizable market in these areas that TNA can make a profit off of? Are you aware of kinds of programming are successful in these countries? Have you cared to think about this any further beyond trying to say "gotcha" to critics of the his company?
I knew somebody would respond to my little comment at the end of the article. Just the fact that they are still trying to expand is good news because it shows that they are in a good place right now and ain't gonna be out of business anytime soon like people are saying. Is there big enough interest for TNA in these areas? IDK and I got better things to do on my free time than look up information like that. My comment wasn't aimed at TNA critiques it was aimed at the people who always say TNA will be out of business in a year. Even if they start out bad in those areas they could always just pull out and wait and go back later when they gain more recognition worldwide.

·
also known as a BUSTER
11,968 Posts
International syndication costs nothing POOF. They already have the content in the can.

As such, this tells us nothing about the company's financial state and, as Miguel said, unless these areas are worthwhile markets, it's not a legitimate expansion of business. All they're doing is sending digital files to a guy in Africa and (wisely) using it as part of their "100+ countries" hypespeak.

When they can actually fill more than half of the iMPACT ZONE (even with plants and people that they've found in the theme park and bribed with free t-shirts) then we can use words like "expansion".

·
Come sweet death, one last caress.
9,649 Posts
International syndication costs nothing POOF. They already have the content in the can.

As such, this tells us nothing about the company's financial state and, as Miguel said, unless these areas are worthwhile markets, it's not a legitimate expansion of business. All they're doing is sending digital files to a guy in Africa and (wisely) using it as part of their "100+ countries" hypespeak.

When they can actually fill more than half of the iMPACT ZONE (even with plants and people that they've found in the theme park and bribed with free t-shirts) then we can use words like "expansion".

So if it's so Easy, why doesn't ROH go Really World Wide?
I dislike like TNA Haters.

Awesome news Hope that TNA can get a good profit and keep coming back to South America.

·
Registered
313 Posts

Awesome news Hope that TNA can get a good profit and keep coming back to South America.
The official line at the moment is that Ring of Honor doesn't want success or some shit like that.

·
Registered
6,001 Posts

Because ROH isn't profit-driven, it's content-driven.

Look at it this way; WWE is a big, successful blockbuster.

TNA is an attempt at a successful blockbuster.

ROH is an arthouse indy film.

One is successful. One's trying to be successful. The other just wants to please the small fanbase that appreciates it.
That's why.

·
Registered
1,912 Posts

Exactly, they want the TNA product, im not going to have a go at ROH but I can't see them having as much success.

Good to see TNA ever growing market :agree:

1 - 20 of 59 Posts