Wrestling Forum banner

101 - 120 of 194 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Hahahaha they banned Ron Paul from twitter/facebook.

Libertarians- "I may not personally agree with your business decisions but by God I will defend the right for you to make them"

Communist- "Ok." uses freedom afforded by libertarianism to gather power and censor libertarians out of existence

·
Registered
15,790 Posts
I suspect that Alt-Tech will take off in a big way in 2021

Parler gets deplatformed, and Gab just gained 600 000 new users since then. People are fed the fuck up with Big Tech censorship and shadow banning, which is why we are seing growth on P2P platforms like Odysee.

The more that Big Tech attempt to kill free speech and centralize power, the stronger that the pushback will become

·
Registered
5,031 Posts
This works fine and dandy in a society that doesn't have giant tech corporations running the show. Social Media is the new public space, I find it ironic that people haven't realized this yet and caught up to the times. I also find it ironic that people who were so anti-cop and Government are now supporting Cops and the Government because of the Capitol protests. It's like we live in a country full of people who are happy with getting fucked as long as it's to people they dislike.

Until alternative platforms can be made without interference by political ideologically ran companies shutting them down, then the entire political discourse is in peril. Not just for MAGA or whatever but for average Conservatives and Liberals as well. Who do you think big tech and the psychos on twitter are going after next?
It’s very simple. Don’t push for an overthrow of the United States government on social media and you’re good. And if you want so desperately for the government to solve this problem for you, you will one day come to regret it. Once the government gets involved they don’t walk away.

·
Registered
7,451 Posts
Hahahaha they banned Ron Paul from twitter/facebook.

Libertarians- "I may not personally agree with your business decisions but by God I will defend the right for you to make them"

Communist- "Ok." uses freedom afforded by libertarianism to gather power and censor libertarians out of existence

Ron was blocked on facebook, not twitter.

I suspect this is the reason for the lock but we don't know for sure since facebook has not commented on the reason as yet.

Paul had also recently posted a clip of a video in which Daniel McAdams, executive director of the Ron Paul Institute, questioned whether last week's riot had been intended to distract from Congress' planned debate of alleged "anomalies" in last year's election results.
Complain about big tech thought police, proceed to spread misinformation by conflating one platform's actions with another. Really can't make this shit up.

·
Registered
146 Posts
It’s very simple. Don’t push for an overthrow of the United States government on social media and you’re good. And if you want so desperately for the government to solve this problem for you, you will one day come to regret it. Once the government gets involved they don’t walk away.
This is how societies blow up. Some of us actually care about our country and our fellow countrymen that are getting abused.

What's that quote?

First they came for.... and I did not do anything because I was not "x"...
Then they came for me.... and there was no one left to speak for me.

·
Registered
5,031 Posts
This is how societies blow up. Some of us actually care about our country and our fellow countrymen that are getting abused.

What's that quote?

First they came for.... and I did not do anything because I was not "x"...
Then they came for me.... and there was no one left to speak for me.
Unintended consequences from overreach. Once upon a time the Fairness Doctrine was designed to provide an equal amount of airtime for both political sides. Instead, it ended up being abused by the government depending on which party held the White House. It was so weaponized that eventually a lot of stations (both radio and TV) stopped doing commentary altogether.

But a lot of you are hell bent on throwing a tantrum that the government just has to get involved yet are not thinking of the potential consequences. This will not be the answer. Besides, it was about time that the social media platforms finally cracked down on what was a conspiracy that was bent on a coup of our government.

But be my guest. Just remember that government involvement will never be the answer.

·
Registered
8,237 Posts
Very soon, Twitter will only consist of "Woke" dumbasses agreeing with each other and believing everything that's fed to them by mainstream media.
Don't forget to include geniuses who spend their time bashing the MSM non-stop, yet put all their stock in "Youtube commentators" that have zero qualifications behind them apart from how many people have hit the subscribe button.

·
Registered
8,237 Posts
This works fine and dandy in a society that doesn't have giant tech corporations running the show. Social Media is the new public space, I find it ironic that people haven't realized this yet and caught up to the times. I also find it ironic that people who were so anti-cop and Government are now supporting Cops and the Government because of the Capitol protests. It's like we live in a country full of people who are happy with getting fucked as long as it's to people they dislike.
I think you're simplifying that to say the least to suit your point. Many people were rightly pissed off that cops at the capital basically stood right back and let the Trump nuts in the barricades first of all; and then pretty much stood by the main doors as they streamed in. Many people believe that if the crowd had been of a different, shall we say, persuasion then the police response would not have been so soft which is the understatement of the year. It's about the stark contrast in the police reaction.

·
The Fastest of the Fastest of Jamaican Sprinters
4,737 Posts
Previously Trump making unsubstantiated allegation would not be taken seriously by anything but a tiny percentage of the public - but since news media is completely partisan, there are those who blindly believe what they see on FOX and automatically disagree with anything said by CNN / MSNBC.
That's not true. There are plenty of reputable, non-partisan news sources. You simply have to know where to look. I do agree that Fox and MSNBC, and CNN to a much lesser extent, have an agenda.

i mean when u got shit like democrats saying they dont want voter ID because its racist, well that just fed into the idea the election was "rigged"
I suggest you look deeper into the spectacular efforts Republicans have made to prevent poor people and people of color from voting.

When something like getting banned from Twitter is treated as a serious thing, maybe it's time tor the American branch of "Western civilization" to die?
For pretty much anyone else I would agree, but a sitting president is different because of the gravity of his words. Most Twitter users are just idiots shouting at clouds, but when the president tweets "Don't be afraid of COVID" seven months into a horrible pandemic, it matters because millions of people will read that, yell "FUCK YEAH, AMERICA BABY!" and throw their masks in the trash. That's why his ban is a serious thing.

They're banning Trump, many of his followers and certain Politicians. They're trying to Alex Jones him.

What makes the situation even more insane is they're now trying to ban and get rid of Parler.

For years we been hearing people say, "mUh PrVaTe CoMpAnY" and "Make your own platform and join it if you want to discuss those things" and when someone does, they go out of their way to shut it down. You have one side trying to control all public discourse and like it or not, Social Media is public discourse and with covid making gathering harder, SM is now more important than ever.
I guess the question is whether a private company, regardless of size, has the right to disassociate itself from something it doesn't like. Ultimately, these are companies owned and operated by real people with real feelings and sociopolitical leanings.

If you're Jack Dorsey, the founder of Twitter, that company is your baby. You have a vision of how you want your service used, and likely feel just as strongly about how you DON'T want it used. I can understand him not wanting his service to be used to foment insurrection, racism, conspiracy theories, and hate, that is, the calling cards of the far right. I'm not sure why he or his company should have the responsibility to allow that sort of thing.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
That's not true. There are plenty of reputable, non-partisan news sources. You simply have to know where to look. I do agree that Fox and MSNBC, and CNN to a much lesser extent, have an agenda.

I suggest you look deeper into the spectacular efforts Republicans have made to prevent poor people and people of color from voting.

For pretty much anyone else I would agree, but a sitting president is different because of the gravity of his words. Most Twitter users are just idiots shouting at clouds, but when the president tweets "Don't be afraid of COVID" seven months into a horrible pandemic, it matters because millions of people will read that, yell "FUCK YEAH, AMERICA BABY!" and throw their masks in the trash. That's why his ban is a serious thing.

I guess the question is whether a private company, regardless of size, has the right to disassociate itself from something it doesn't like. Ultimately, these are companies owned and operated by real people with real feelings and sociopolitical leanings.

If you're Jack Dorsey, the founder of Twitter, that company is your baby. You have a vision of how you want your service used, and likely feel just as strongly about how you DON'T want it used. I can understand him not wanting his service to be used to foment insurrection, racism, conspiracy theories, and hate, that is, the calling cards of the far right. I'm not sure why he or his company should have the responsibility to allow that sort of thing.

this isnt about them though this is about trumps words and how the democrats basically played into them almost as much as his allies... they coulda thrown them a bone and like beefed up security or something and cut this all off at the root for many...

·
4,737 Posts
this isnt about them though this is about trumps words and how the democrats basically played into them almost as much as his allies... they coulda thrown them a bone and like beefed up security or something and cut this all off at the root for many...
I'm not exactly sure what you're trying to drive at here. How did the Democrats "play into Trump's words"? You'll need to elaborate. Also, who is the "they" that should have beefed up security?

·
Registered
146 Posts
Unintended consequences from overreach. Once upon a time the Fairness Doctrine was designed to provide an equal amount of airtime for both political sides. Instead, it ended up being abused by the government depending on which party held the White House. It was so weaponized that eventually a lot of stations (both radio and TV) stopped doing commentary altogether.

But a lot of you are hell bent on throwing a tantrum that the government just has to get involved yet are not thinking of the potential consequences. This will not be the answer. Besides, it was about time that the social media platforms finally cracked down on what was a conspiracy that was bent on a coup of our government.

But be my guest. Just remember that government involvement will never be the answer.
"Potential consequences"

You mean like the elites exploiting the common citizen for their own ends? You know, the exact society we live in now? Your statement is basically "We better not try something else because we might get exactly what we have right now and that would be horrible". The coup in our government already happened. We're ruled by multinational techno giants with unelected leaders. Radio, tv and the web are highly politically weaponized modern day. What world are you living in?

Literally the only government that makes any sense is a big government with a strong leader that can put a stop to this sort of thing. When you have Nancy Pelosi's and Mitch McConnel's and their ilk running around, it's inevitable that they are bought off. It's too easy for lobby groups to get to them.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
I'm not exactly sure what you're trying to drive at here. How did the Democrats "play into Trump's words"? You'll need to elaborate. Also, who is the "they" that should have beefed up security?

im saying the dems before all this shit pushed mail in voting knowing trump would bitch about it.. they coulda threw him a bone

·
4,737 Posts
im saying the dems before all this shit pushed mail in voting knowing trump would bitch about it.. they coulda threw him a bone
They pushed mail in voting because there’s a worldwide pandemic that would’ve driven down turnout, and if we wanna be cynical about it, increased turnout is almost always good for Democrats. That’s why Republicans work so hard to suppress the vote across the country. They’ve even admitted as much. Why in god’s name would the Democrats “throw Trump a bone“ by not pushing for as much mail in and early voting as possible?

·
Registered
146 Posts
They pushed mail in voting because there’s a worldwide pandemic that would’ve driven down turnout, and if we wanna be cynical about it, increased turnout is almost always good for Democrats. That’s why Republicans work so hard to suppress the vote across the country. They’ve even admitted as much. Why in god’s name would the Democrats “throw Trump a bone“ by not pushing for as much mail in and early voting as possible?
It's ridiculously easy to fraud mail in votes. Biden won the presidency while winning the fewest counties ever. They just stacked their corrupt shit in the (surprisingly few) important inner city voting locations to swing things.

·
4,737 Posts
It's ridiculously easy to fraud mail in votes. Biden won the presidency while winning the fewest counties ever. They just stacked their corrupt shit in the (surprisingly few) important inner city voting locations to swing things.
More delusional conspiracy bullshit. Since you apparently have evidence of fraud that even the most powerful person in the known universe doesn’t have and couldn’t provide in court, you might want to shoot an email Trump’s way!

Man, this last week has really brought the staggering stupidity of half the general population to bear.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
More delusional conspiracy bullshit. Since you apparently have evidence of fraud that even the most powerful person in the known universe doesn’t have and couldn’t provide in court, you might want to shoot an email Trump’s way!

Man, this last week has really brought the staggering stupidity of half the general population to bear.
idk man all these things add up though. im not even saying hes not lying or anything but the stew was perfect for this to be a contested election even without trump being a baby

·
4,737 Posts
idk man all these things add up though. im not even saying hes not lying or anything but the stew was perfect for this to be a contested election even without trump being a baby
The thing is, they really don’t. If there was evidence of fraud, Trump would’ve presented it in court. The evidence doesn’t exist, so it wasn’t presented, so even the conservative judges refused to hear the cases. Basically, those who still believe there was fraud believe they know something that even Trump’s legal team doesn’t, which of course is not true. If there was fraud, enough to even come close to affecting the election, I wanna know about it. Unfortunately, no one can prove anything because it didn’t happen.

·
Registered
146 Posts

Delusional bullshit? Your premise is then that the establishment is fair and for the people.

Who is the most powerful person in the known universe? Are you referring to Trump? The guy that's been banned off media in his own country? Doesn't look very powerful to me. To me it looks like we have a bunch of unelected leaders in our lives dictating a lot. Techno giant CEO's that have foreign investors. Dictating in the US. Thanks Strike Force.

101 - 120 of 194 Posts