Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Have to applaud NJPW to a degree with them taking this approach to make sure that all of their talent is kept safe. When they come back, they will come back stronger than before.

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Wonder what direction they are going to go in once they come back. Everything between March and August has been basically cancelled, which I imagine has uprooted a lot of the planned booking for the year.

·
Registered
23,498 Posts
Wonder what direction they are going to go in once they come back. Everything between March and August has been basically cancelled, which I imagine has uprooted a lot of the planned booking for the year.
If they're back in time for the G1 in October, even in front of no fans or small crowds, then they could basically go right WK after that and build to their big matches. So on that hand it might be easier for them. Just a shame that they couldn't build any stories throughout the year to give some of the matches they will eventually do more meaning.

·
Death Rides a Horse
789 Posts
I'm curious if this shut down will allow Naito to surpass the 720 title reign record held by Okada.

·
Registered
261 Posts
I hope they don’t strip him of the titles because of not defending for 90 days. Sure some heel could cut a promo and demand a match or something, but please don’t actually strip him of the titles.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,151 Posts
They won't strip him of the titles.... However, the actual day count of his reign may be counted from when shows stopped and when shows recommenced.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts