Singles Bout:
Sam Dancer vs. Daiko

Singles Bout:
Xander Black vs. Joey Holt

Singles Bout:
Trae Walker vs. The Reaper

PWC World Heavyweight Championship #1 Contenders Tournament:
Daniel Reese vs. Jack

Deadline for RP's is 11:59pm (GMT) on August 2. You will be given a 24 hour warning before the deadline so don't worry.

This thread will be used for posting your RP's, if you want to feedback on someone's RP then go ahead, post the feedback in here. Once the show is posted, you can feedback on that, if you like. Everything else can be posted in the discussion thread.

GFX Credit: CHAMPviaDQ

Also, let's try something different. Use the match card as a predictions template and post your predictions here. ONLY PREDICTIONS. You can post your predictions without even seeing the RPs posted so yeah, it'll just be a guessing game. Don't post anything else but your predictions and your RP's in here, and ofcourse the show will be posted on here as well. The winner/winners will get hmm...the joy of winning a predictions contest? Or if they really want something, you can PM me or one of the guys in creative and we can offer some direction for your character. Although, you guys can do this already, we're just waiting for you guys to PM us, lol. ONLY PREDICTIONS AND RP'S GO IN THIS THREAD. NOTHING ELSE.

·
All good things must come to an end.
14,025 Posts
Predictions:

Freddy Vos vs. Austin Angel
- Winner: Austin Angel

Triple Threat Contest:
Darius Black vs. Tommy Hendrix vs. Muhammad Islami
- Winner: :punk2

Singles Bout:
Sam Dancer vs. Daiko
- Winner: Sam Dancer

Singles Bout:
- Winner: Xander Black

Singles Bout:
- Winner: The Reaper

Daniel Reese vs. Jack
- Winner: Jack

·
---
1,685 Posts

Triple Threat Contest:

Singles Bout:
Sam Dancer vs. Daiko

Singles Bout:

Singles Bout:

Daniel Reese vs. Jack

·
Bring back Gary Oak!
4,682 Posts
Singles Bout:
Sam Dancer vs. Daiko
- Winner: Sam Dancer
We are no longer best fwends. YOU RUINED IT TFW!

Singles Bout:
Sam Dancer vs. Daiko
:mark:

'Angel' has got his character down better than 'Vos' so I think this one will be a fairly simple victory for him.

Triple Threat Contest:

Principino has proven to be a Jack of all Trades at this point and has shown a comedic side to his character, an aggressive side and has proven that he has his character pretty much locked down, whereas TFW and Clover haven't really proven much at this point.

Singles Bout:
Sam Dancer vs. Daiko

I genuinely don't know here.

Gambit hasn't brought much to the table with his character. His RP's haven't done anything to add to him outside of drinking. If he ups the length of the RP's and gives more of an insight into what makes his character tick he could pull out the win here.

My biggest hinderance at this point is myself. I've limited my character through his gimmick to the point where I can't add much to the character without going outside of the 'Actions speak louder than words' shtick that (No matter how many times Jamjam has said it can) just doesn't work in the slightest.

If Gambit sticks with his normal RP's, I can see myself picking up the win, but if we get a closer look into the mind of 'Sam Dancer', he'll probably get the win.

Singles Bout:

Brye's a good writer, but I don't think s/he will be able to top C3K here. #lolC3Kwins

Singles Bout:

Obby was one of two people who were bested by a very short RP from Gambit last week, so he's going to struggle to topple Coolquip this week.

Daniel Reese vs. Jack

HayleySabin/Obfuscation/TheManFormerlyKnownAsCody should pick up the win here if he sticks to the darker side of Jack that we've seen before.

Jamjam has been fairly average in his wins, beating two terrible opponents. (Fuck you TFW 8*D) Even without the clear bias against his wins, I can't see Jamjam picking up the win here as Sabs has been the better writer in my eyes.

·
Bring back Gary Oak!
4,682 Posts
The most exciting part about Clover's character at this point is whether his last name is Hendrix or Hendricks..

Your character is meant to be a mental patient but I can't even recall anything that even points to that side..

Last Week - Bitched and Moaned, held someone up at gunpoint, cried like a little bitch about peer pressure and gave respect to a title..

2 Weeks ago - I had to go back and read this to actually remember what you wrote. You sat in a mental asylum and gave a sane promo.. If you were locked away, you'd be flinging your shite at the windows and going apeshit. Not crying like a 16 year old girl who's telling her facebook buddies that she's sick of helping people and getting nothing in return.

I can't be fucked reading anymore right now, but you need to start spicing it up a bit more. You were in a mental asylum, yet you seem pretty sane to me in your present promo's. Lash out more, point out more erratic movements or drool a little, just something that shows that he is a little unstable.

Look at Ambrose's promo work and see the little things that make them special. The jerking around, the wavering of the voice, the quick switching between calm and anger, the small mannerisms that grab your attention and make you both respect and fear the guy. Heath Ledger's Joker was the same! It was the flipping moods, the licking of the lips and the madness bubbling just beneath the surface that grabbed your attention.

Try these and I can bet that people will be more into your character.

·
14,025 Posts
Thanks for the advice, but I felt I've portrayed him okay up until this point. It's only the fourth episode, I've not got to be erratic behavior yet. I don't know what you're missing in my promos, but I do feel like I have been lashing out in them. I agree with you though on describing how he behaves a bit better. Also just because he's locked-up, doesn't mean he's insane. The only reason he's in there is because of peer pressure, from the people he thought were his friends. He's been wrongly sent there in his mind. That has left a sour taste in his mouth and now he doesn't trust anyone. He has got a few screws lose, but he can talk clearly and get his point across. I never classified him as 'Fully Insane'. I'd say, he gets to that stage when he's in the ring and all he can think about is destroying his opponent.

Here confirms he's not 'Fully Insane', he clearly knows what he's thinking.
I shouldn't be here, I don't belong here. This place I'm in right now is known as a Mental Institution and is for the mentally insane. I'm not mentally insane, I can control my thoughts and feelings and my feelings and thoughts right now are that I want to get out of this place.
He can flip out at times though. If you've been paying attention, for the most part, he's always alone when he's talking, that's because if anyone else is there, they are a distraction and it would 'cause him to flip out. Something has to trigger it, he's not always like that. When he's talking to himself about his thoughts, he's sane.

·
Bring back Gary Oak!
4,682 Posts
Also just because he's locked-up, doesn't mean he's insane. The only reason he's in there is because of peer pressure, from the people he thought were his friends. He's been wrongly sent there in his mind. That has left a sour taste in his mouth and now he doesn't trust anyone. He has got a few screws lose, but he can talk clearly and get his point across.

I never classified him as 'Fully Insane'. I'd say, he gets to that stage when he's in the ring and all he can think about is destroying his opponent.

Here confirms he's not 'Fully Insane', he clearly knows what he's thinking. He can flip out at times though. If you've been paying attention, for the most part, he's always alone when he's talking, that's because if anyone else is there, they are a distraction and it would 'cause him to flip out. Something has to trigger it, he's not always like that. When he's talking to himself about his thoughts, he's sane.
Peer Pressure or not, innocent or not, spend enough time with little to no human contact and 4 padded walls surrounding you constantly and you'll lose who you are as a human.

Do you? I'm reading back through our match just now and there's nothing that shows that you're tearing into me. Then again, the style of wrestling I put down was completely ignored in that match as well, so it's a Jamjam/C3K/HN problem here.

I can't say I have paid the slightest bit of attention to the alone part. (Probably because I do the same, so it's at the back of my mind)

·
Locker Room Leader
12,112 Posts
So when are the RPs coming up? I haven't registered with a character yet, but making predictions anyway. I need a face character since there are too many heels and I can't decide on one. Anyway, here goes

Triple Threat Contest:
Darius Black vs. Tommy Hendrix vs. Muhammad Islami- Toughest choice on the card. Torn between Darius Black and Muhammad Islami, but based on last episode, I think Islami is the favorite. That was a great RP on the last Vortex.

Singles Bout:
Sam Dancer vs. Daiko- He's been better upto this point.

Singles Bout:
Xander Black vs. Joey Holt- Another tough choice. Xander Black has been champion for a reason but Joey Holt's RPs have done good in establishing him as a sympathetic character that you want to root for. Xander may pick up the victory again, but my gut instinct says Joey wins here.

Singles Bout:
Trae Walker vs. The Reaper- Like Reaper's character more, but Trae's RPs have been better. Anybody's game really.

Daniel Reese vs. Jack- The character has more potential and Hayley Sabin seems to be a good writer. Reese may surprise me but for a safe bet, I'd go with Jack.

·
Bring back Gary Oak!
4,682 Posts
So when are the RPs coming up?

Singles Bout:

Sam Dancer vs. Daiko- He's been better upto this point.
Whenever we all get motivated to post them I think. We normally take a few days and then they just fly in. (And then some bastard waits until the last day to put his in..)

I like you already. Rott Wyler sucks, but this Quoth guy's not half bad.

·
Registered
736 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
- Tough call here but I'm going with my gut feeling. Both guys can produce good RPs but it's up in the air right now.

Triple Threat Contest:
- Islami surprised me last week with a pretty good RP. I think he continues his momentum here.

Singles Bout:
Sam Dancer vs. Daiko
- Daiko can actually produce some good stuff when he tries. First win right here.

Singles Bout:
- Champ takes this one but not after a hard fought battle against of the better faces we have in PWC.

Singles Bout:
- Fully expect Walker to win his first match here because of Reaper's showing in the last round.

Daniel Reese vs. Jack
- Can't vote against myself, can I? Should be a good battle.

·
Exploring Planet Alpha
348 Posts

Not gonna pick against myself here. This will be a tough fight for me though against one of my personal favorite heels right now. Can't go wrong with either of us winning.

Triple Threat Contest:

This one is tough to call. I think all 3 have a shot to win. If Cloverleaf shows up he could easily get Hendrix a big win here. Islami had a great RP last week but in the end, i'm going with Darius Black here. I think hes got something up his sleeve for this week.

Singles Bout:
Sam Dancer vs. Daiko

This is just going by what both guys have done so far. Daiko is frustrated over his losing streak, expecting him to go all out this week and end his losing streak.

Singles Bout:

Going with the underdog here. I enjoy Joey Holt a lot and here's hoping he can go all out and pull off the upset to beat the champ. It also raises the question of if he beats him does he have claim to a title shot?

Singles Bout:

Again picking against the guy who no showed last week. Though I expect to see Reaper back in action here.

Daniel Reese vs. Jack

Can anybody stop the bunny man? He's been doing well and I believe hes undefeated in singles matches. Another one that should be a good battle though.

·
THE TRUTH
1,072 Posts
Trae was driving in his car after his daily workout. As usual he was exhausted from his strenuous exercise, but that wasn't on his mind at the moment. Instead he was thinking about the call that Mr. Clement, the general manager of the PWC had given him. He had been informed that he would be competing on this week's episode of Vortex and he would be going one-on-one with The Reaper. He didn't know much about this Reaper-guy other than the fact that he fights those who "deserve judgement". That's what was sticking with him. He couldn't get those words "deserve judgement" out of his mind. Those words seemed to flood memories of another time back into his mind.

FLASHBACK:

Trae was younger in age than a lot of the kids that were walking with him, but he was older in a lot of their eyes. Trae had been hanging with this group for a lot of years, second only to Jamal. Jamal was like Trae's older brother, and in some ways the only male figure Trae had to look up to. He had coaches who said always tried to encourage him, but in reality Trae only truly cared about his mom, his sisters, and Jamal. His father had left his family before he was born and his only brother, Ray, died when Trae was very young. Jamal had in a way, taken Trae under his wing and showed him the way of the street. Jamal had known Ray, when he was young and looked up to him the same way that Trae looked up to him. When Ray died, Jamal had vowed to protect Trae the same way Ray had protected him. Growing up, no one picked on Trae for fear of Jamal. Of course, as Trae got older no one picked on him just because of his sheer size and reputation. "Just like Ray" as Jamal always said. That's about all he ever said about Ray. Trae would sometimes ask about his brother, but Jamal would always change the subject or say something like "He was, y'know... Cool". The only other time Ray ever came up was when someone was talking shit about him, Jamal would always beat the piss out of them. Pretty soon, Trae would beat them up too. He said it was for the love of his brother, but in reality, he wasn't sure why he did it. He didn't really know his brother enough to really know why he loved him as even when he was alive, he wasn't around all that often. He just beat up guys that talked about him because.... Just because.

But tonight was different, tonight he knew why he was fighting. He and his crew had been disrespected. A couple of bitches from the other side of town had tagged up their hood. Now it was time to teach them some respect the old-fashioned way: a good ol' beat down. Standard procedure. So Trae, Jamal, and about a dozen other homies walked down the Pacific Avenue toward Garfield Street. Jamal, as always, was in front. Trae looked around and saw that some of the guys were visibly nervous. Not coincidently it was the first timers who had talked big all day leading up to this. It's always the same. Some of the guys were dudes Trae had known from school, but most were guys that Jamal had recruited from... God knows where. Trae had before joked that Jamal was like "a ghetto Charlie Manson" in his persuasion. He could sell ice to Eskimos as they say. The unfortunate side was, Jamal often couldn't seem to decipher who was a man and who was a bitch. Or maybe he just got off on exposing the shit talkers for the pussies they really are, Trae didn't know and he didn't really care. This was just a fight, and Trae had proven before he could handle himself in a fight. He wasn't nervous at all. He knew what he was fighting for: he was fighting to protect his family, to feed his family. Because when they weren't fighting other gangs, he and his homies were robbing local liquor stores and even selling some "stuff" here and there (though Trae stayed away from the selling side of it). All the money that Trae made from it went back to his family. His mother never asked where he got it, because though she hated where the money came from, the fact was she had a family of four to feed. Trae didn't feel any regret for what he did, in fact he was proud of the fact that he was helping to take care of his family. As Jamal said, "Why should the rich get richer and the poor get poorer?" Hell, if he was lucky, maybe one of the kids he was about to beat up was stupid enough to bring a wallet he could snatch.

As they approached the destination, they stopped behind a big wall of an abandoned warehouse. They were about thirty minutes ahead of schedule so the guys they were going to jump weren't going to be there for another half hour or so. So they sat behind the wall and waited as Jamal and Craig (one of the few guys both Jamal and Trae knew) stood lookout. Trae looked down the wall and saw a lot of the nervous "tough guys" breathing heavily. Trae almost laughed, knowing that for as much shit as some of these guys talked, they'd never been in a fight in there entire life. Then Trae noticed one of the dudes who seemed nervous was Trev. This was strange because Trev had fought beside Trae and Jamal before, and had never been nervous. His nervous was different though, he seemed to have his mind somewhere else. Trev was one of those guys that Jamal had seemingly dug up out of nowhere. Even though they were around the same age, Trae and Trev weren't tight, but they were cool with each other. Trev wasn't a shit talker, but he wasn't a quiet guy either. He would say a joke or two that would make you laugh, but he knew when to get down to business. So Trae questioned him about his odd demeanor.

Trae: Trev, you aight man?

Trev: Huh? Uh... Yeah dog, I'm cool.

Trae: K, good.

Trae went to walk away...

Trev: Wait, Trae actually...

Trae turned around

Trae: What?

Trev: Uh... Can I ask you somethin'?

Trae: Shoot.

Trev: Do you ever wonder... What like....

Trae: Like?

Trev: Like what.... People think of you?

Trae was puzzled

Trae: What like... How I look?

Trev: Nah... Like... What people think... Of us?

Trae: What do mean of us?

Trev: Like... What we do. Beatin' up people, dealin' drugs, and robbin' places. Do you ever wonder... If other people think that makes us... Bad?

Trae was caught off guard by the question, he had never thought of that before.

Trae: I could give two fucks what anybody thinks about me.

Trev: Not just anybody... Like yo' friends...

Trae: Only friend I got is Jamal and he ain't in no position to judge me.

Trev: What about yo' family?

Trae: My sisters are too young to understand what I do.

Trev: What about yo' pops?

Trae: My dad left my mom when she was pregnant with me, so I don't give a fuck what he thinks.

Trev: What about yo' mom?

Trae had to stop and think about that. He'd never really thought about what she must think of him.

Trae: Listen... She understands why I do, what I do. I do what I have to, to take care of my own flesh and blood. If that means I gotta' beat some ass, then so be it.

Trev still looked to have a strange feeling in the pit of his stomach

Trae: Anyone else?

Trev gulped before getting to the one really on his mind

Trev: What about.... God?

Trae was completely blindsided by that one.

Trev: Do you ever think... That God thinks that what we're doing is wrong? If what we're doing is bad?

The thought had never entered Trae's mind. While he never went to church and he'd never read the bible, Trae had always believed in God for as long as he could remember. His mother had always made him say the Lord's prayer before a meal and she'd always thanked him for their blessings (few as their seemed to be), and despite that he'd never thought about what God would think of him. Trae had always believed that what he did was right, because he did it for his family. He had never thought about something like that.

Trae: I.... Listen, I ain't got time to get spiritual wit' you. Either man up or get the fuck outta' here, because I ain't here to babysit yo' bitch ass.

Trae then stormed off, but Trev's words clearly stuck with him.

MODERN DAY:

Trae finally reached his destination as he parked in front of a sign that read "STOCKTON RURAL CEMETARY". He walked past the gates and many series of gravestones before finally walking up to the one he was seeking. The name on the tombstone read: "TREVOR MALCOLM THOMAS". That night had stuck in Trae's memory for two reasons: the speech that Trev had given him and the events that followed. When Trae and his crew had jumped the boys they were looking for, one of them had brought a gun to a fist fight. Trae was lucky to escape with his life. Trev... Wasn't so fortunate. Though he hated to admit it, death had become such a prominent part of his life at that point that most of the time, the death of someone he knew just rolled off of his back, but Trev's stick with him for a while. Not just because of what Trev had said to him, but because it was the first time that he thought about how God would judge him. As he stared at the tombstone Trae bowed his head and began to speak.

Trae: Now turn from your sins and turn to God, so you can be cleansed of your sins.

After a few more minutes, Trae headed back to his car. Along the way he thought about how a lot of the people he once thought would always judge him as nothing but a thug, now forgave him and cheered him whenever he entered the ring. Sometimes he wondered if he deserved it, if he had earned there forgiveness. And sometimes he wondered if everyone would ever forgive him. There were still those who judged on his past sins, those who thought he didn't deserve a second chance for all the horrible things he had done. As much as he'd like to say that the night Trev was killed was a turning point for him, it wasn't. He would do many worse things in the ensuing years. Were those who didn't forgive him right? Should he always be judged for his past sins, no matter how long ago they were? Trae thought this as entered his car. He reached into his glove compartment and pulled out the bible he had for many years and read the verse that was written on the backside of the front cover: "For if you forgive others their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you". The he pulled out a piece of paper that had been used as a bookmark as well as reminder. It read the name "Patricia" and a phone number. He stared at the number for a while and pulled out his phone. He contemplated dialing the number before.... finally putting the phone away as well as the bible and phone number. "Maybe" he thought, "I don't deserve forgiveness from everyone".

·
Locker Room Leader
12,112 Posts
Whenever we all get motivated to post them I think. We normally take a few days and then they just fly in. (And then some bastard waits until the last day to put his in..)

I like you already. Rott Wyler sucks, but this Quoth guy's not half bad.

Haha, Rott Wyler hasn't had a chance to show off his character yet. I kinda screwed myself on that one. Rott Wyler would make a good violent, misunderstood face for PWC, but having used him on PWA, I need a different character. Hoping to register within the next 7 days.

·
Registered
45,092 Posts
Freddy Vos vs. Austin Angel​

Prediction: Freddy Vos

A total split for me here, although I can see the hot streak Vos has been on nudging out the victory. MTB has had some darn good success via his work so far. Expecting it to continue.

Triple Threat Contest:
Darius Black vs. Tommy Hendrix vs. Muhammad Islami​

Prediction: Muhammad Islami

Not to undersell Hendrix & my man KLEEBLAT, although it was more of a thought that Islami & Black had a better shots to win this. Of course it all depends on the write up that week. Prefer to remain towards the constant and go with the man who's seemingly pumping out the good stuff and that's Principino(sp? My apologies)

Singles Bout:
Sam Dancer vs. Daiko​

Prediction: Daiko

Hot dog, we're getting this contest. I like this collision. It's giving the never at a loss for words Daiko a chance to back himself up & Gambit/Sam Dancer character the opportunity to "break out". After going by past RP's, well, I think Daiko might finally land his first W in the end. Not going to lie, I have a good feeling the Sam Dancer story this week with come on very strong. This should be fun.

Singles Bout:
Xander Black vs. Joey Holt​

Prediction: Xander Black

I have faith in Brye's work, however C3K knows what he's doing with his character and I feel the predictable outcome will suffice here. All I know is from the kayfabe point of view, this is the kind of fight Holt needs to put himself on the map. C'mon Brye, win it for the underdogs!

Singles Bout:
Trae Walker vs. The Reaper​

Prediction: Trae Walker

Did obby no show last week? Is that what was said? I don't remember, honestly. Well, if that's the case then I'm picking Coolquip's man to get the W as I'm not too sure obby is invested in this anymore. Hopefully he is. The Reaper character can be pretty sweet by the sound of it. There are a solid amount of "dark" characters on our roster, but enough to all separate each from the pack.

Daniel Reese vs. Jack​

Prediction: Should I have one? Guess I'll choose Jack.

why? I have faith in my work and hoping it leads me down the path to another victory. Compliments via other predictions in this thread has only boosted my confidence in writing too. :eek:

·
I'm going to Disneyland!
682 Posts
Trae Walker - Very well written, and I'm liking where this RP is going, really set the scene for me, and conveyed the character of Trae Walker and his situation very well. I'm a sucker for impact endings to RPs, and would've liked to have seen it end slightly differently, but overall, this was really, really good. The whole thing flowed well, and I gotta say you have a great chance of picking up a win this week :)

·
Registered
503 Posts
In the same motel room where he’s been pent up for almost four long weeks, Freddie paces across the cheap, yellow, vinyl floor. Uncharacteristically, his stubbly goatee reveals a jovial grin. With a piece of torn-off chicken breast in one hand, he keeps a mobile to his ear with the other. He is deep in friendly conversation.

???: So what I did was to take the monkey-wrench and hit him squarely on the temple!

Freddie doubles over with laughter.

Freddie: Just like Major Simmons used to tell us! Dammit, Ben! I miss you, tjomma*! Tell me, how’s the family?

Ben: Helen started a new teaching job in Durban. It’s great – the pay is better than she usually makes. Little Sarah is joining pre-school soon, so things are going to be extra quiet at home.

Freddie: Did she get my little present?

Ben: Ja*, Fred, but how exactly is a four-year-old going to use a throwing axe?

Freddie: I went into an outdoor shop the other day and it reminded me of my godchild. I didn’t really get it for her, either – I got it for you. If any one of those city boys comes near her, especially if it’s one of those you-know-what’s, you tell her to cut his fucking cock off right there!

Thunderous laughter booms from the phone’s speaker.

Ben: How are things in Fresno?

Freddie: Honestly, I’m so sick of this city! Today, after training, I was in the mood for a little sport. The landlord in this low-budget motel keeps chickens...

Ben: Please tell me you didn’t...

Freddie: The real challenge was not getting caught. I mean, it’s still only a chicken and I doubt those flabby arms of his would do any damage, but a man has to keep sharp, right?

Another chuckle emanates from the cell. Freddie looks over at the trail of blood on the kitchen floor.

Ben: So you slaughtered, plucked and gutted it yourself... in that dingy room of yours...

Freddie takes a big bite of the meat and speaks with his mouth full.

Freddie: Having some right now, actually...

Ben: I’m glad to see you acclimatized well, Fred.

Freddie: Adapt or die, right? Speaking of, I should get to bed. Tomorrow is my first real singles match. You should see the pussies that they have here, calling themselves wrestlers! You and I could take them all in a heartbeat.

Ben: Ja, they should import more boere* to show them how it’s done. So what makes this next guy so special? I saw the show last week... Andy Austin, is it?

Freddie: He calls himself Austin Angel, he calls himself a rock god. I haven’t actually seen him play any instrument, except running that mouth of his.

Ben: Damn, that sounds annoying! You should show him what you’re made of.

Freddie: I’ll do you one better, Ben. I’ll show him what HE’s made of – pliable flesh and brittle bones.

Ben: Go break a leg, bud. HIS leg...

Freddie falls silent and stares into empty space.

Ben: You there, boet*?

A wicked smile creeps across his face.

Freddie: Ja*... ja, I am. Cheers, mate.

Ben: Bye, Fred. Sleep well.

He hangs up the call from his army buddy and slides the mobile across his dinner table. As he takes another large mouthful of poultry, the juices run thick over his chin. He undoes his boots and kicks them off, wandering towards his bed.

* “tjomma” – “friend”, originates from the British “chum”
*”Ja” – “Yes”
* “boere” – “farmers”; also used as (derogatory) South-African slang to describe white, Afrikaans-speaking males
*”boet” – “brother”, “bro”

It is not yet sunrise when Freddie’s eyes widen and dart around the room. Sensing that something is amiss, he rolls over and crouches next to his bed, putting it between him and the door. The bluish gloom of the interior gives nothing away. Freddie’s face is a mix of concentration and suspicion. He forces himself to regulate his breathing and clutches the African pendants at his chest. Momentarily, he shuts his eyes.

Freddie: Who’s there?

Complete silence...

He flicks the switch of his bedside lamp, only to reveal a seated figure at his dinner table. He snatches his hunting knife from under his pillow and charges the cloaked stranger. In a flash, he grabs the stranger by the hood and slides the blade under his chin.

Freddie: Who the bloody fuck are you and how did you get in here?

The stranger’s deep, hollow voice booms across the room.

???: You offend me, Freddie...

The figure, whose face is still covered by his black, rawhide hood, seems unnervingly untroubled by the knife at his throat. Freddie’s aggression turns almost completely to panic. He roars at the stranger.

Freddie: HOW DO YOU KNOW MY NAME?

Silence, once more...

Finally, the hooded intruder speaks.

???: How could I not? Corporal Vos... we have so much in common...

The stranger runs his fingers over Freddie’s pendants. Having had enough, Vos yanks back the hood.

He freezes in his place.

Two large, pale eyes stare directly into Freddie’s own, highlighted by the man’s grey-brown skin. Freddie takes several steps back, as an icy recognition shoots up his spine.

ManureTheBear said:
A village elder arose. He was clothed in a colourful cloak and a feathered headdress.

Elder: Why? Why do you do this to us? We have done you no harm!

Sgt. Cooper: Shut up, old man! Corporal Vos, deal with him!

With measured steps, Freddie approached the elder. He slung his rifle from his shoulder and, using the butt of the gun, bashed the old man in the back of the knee, forcing back downward. His carved, ivory pendants rattle as his face collides with them. It is kept there by the heel of Freddie’s boot.
Freddie: But that’s impossible!

ManureTheBear said:
Sgt. Cooper: ...we have discovered the location of the rebel camp. No doubt they won’t stay there for long, so we strike tonight!

A few cheers arose from the unit. Freddie didn’t say a word. Instead, he was admiring his new ivory pendants.

Sgt. Cooper: We will be swift, severe and we will show no mercy. Meet back here at twenty hundred hours! At ease, boys. And Corporal Vos, those tags look good on you! A lot better than on the bastard you took it from.
Freddie: Why have you come here?

Freddie staggers back onto his bed, supporting his weight with his arms as he sits down. The elder points his bony finger towards him and gets up from his chair.

Elder: You!

The leather cloak sweeps as the elder’s difficult steps bring him closer to Freddie.

Elder: You took what little I had from me!

With nowhere to go, Freddie shifts frantically in his bed, keeping the focussed gaze of the African elder.

Elder: My family...

Shaky strides approach Freddie.

Elder: My village...

Freddie cannot bear the man’s stare any longer, but a hand without warmth pulls on his chin, forcing his face to swivel back to meet him.

Elder: My life!

Freddie’s jaw clenches out of adrenaline and fear, but he lunges backwards, breaking the elder’s grasp. He takes cover behind his bed, once more, remembering the weapon in his tightened fist.

Freddie: I killed you once...

To the elder’s apparent surprise, Freddie spits at him.

Freddie: ...I’LL DO IT AGAIN!

He musters up the courage to throw the knife at the heart of the elder. The blade, however, zips clean through his chest! It flies straight and true, slicing into something in the background. He looks up to see the elder looming over him, still drawing closer...

It is not yet sunrise when Freddie’s eyes widen and dart around the room. Sensing that something is amiss, he rolls over and crouches next to his bed, putting it between him and the door. The bluish gloom of the interior gives nothing away. Freddie’s face is a mix of concentration and suspicion. He forces himself to regulate his breathing and clutches the African pendants at his chest. Momentarily, he shuts his eyes.

Freddie: Who’s there?

Complete silence...

He flicks the switch of his bedside lamp.

Freddie is alone in between the four walls.

He breathes a slow, relaxing sigh. He slicks back his dishevelled hair. In a hurry to leave the motel and to do his mental preparations for his fight on Vortex, Freddie stuffs his wallet and phone into the pockets of his knee-length trousers. He places a hand under his pillow to grab his trusty hunting knife, then an arm.

He stops his search as his keen eyes pick up something in the near-darkness of his room. First a shadow, then a hilt...

It is barely illuminated by the ineffective bedside lamp. It is stuck in the cheap, painted wood of his door.

It is his hunting knife.

·
14,025 Posts
Ten Years Ago

Darius is sat at home as his parents are arguing in the background, they both walk in to the same room as Darius.

MOTHER: Darius, make yourself useful and do something instead of slouching on the couch..

FATHER: So what was it did wrong again?

MOTHER: I'm not going through it again. I can smell perfume on you, you cheating son of a..

Darius walks out of the house, stopping the conversation there as he walks down the street and knocks on a door. Xavier answers the door.

XAVIER: Hey man, it's a bit early but come in.

Darius walks in to the house. It clearly hasn't been cleaned for weeks, there are empty cans and Pizza Boxes around the room. Darius sits down on the chair as the TV can be faintly heard in the background.

XAVIER: So, what's up?

DARIUS: It's just them two again.

XAVIER: Who?

DARIUS: You know, them?

XAVIER: Oh right, what is it about this time?

DARIUS: The typical, Dad just got in from a night out and she's going on about him cheating on her again.

XAVIER: Why doesn't she just leave him?

DARIUS: I've tried teling her before, but she doesn't listen.

XAVIER: I saw your Dad last night you know?

DARIUS: Where?

XAVIER: That new place down the road. I didn't see any girl with him though.

DARIUS: Hm, where is everyone by the way?

XAVIER: Matt crashed upstairs, I don't know about Dan, he went home last night.

DARIUS: Speak of the devil.

Matt walks downstairs in a Zombie-Like Mode.

MATT: Alright man?

DARIUS: Yeah, I'm fine.

MATT: Sorry about last night, Xavier. I didn't even know where I was.

XAVIER: It's alright.

DARIUS: Anyway, I should probably get off, got a few things to pick-up from home. I'll come back later.

XAVIER: Make sure you do, we've got some things to do today.

Darius walks out of the house as it fades out.

1 Week Ago

Darius can be seen sitting backstage after the match with Xander Black. The camera pans still on Darius as he speaks in to the camera.

DARIUS: What the hell happened out there? I should have won that match, I don't care how good I looked, I still lost. From now on, I'm not playing any more damn games, you get in my way, you feel my wrath. If you can't understand that then you're going to get a broken face, not like it isn't broken enough already. You know what smug face I'm sick of seeing? That smug face from Xander Black. He's too confident and he thinks he's the man. Well, let me just tell you something, he's not the man and he doesn't have my respect, nor does anyone else for that matter. You're all worthless trash. The other wrestlers on the PWC Roster are too scared to express their actual opinions against Xander Black because they're scared. They're all a bunch of wusses, every last one of them. Am I doing this to fuel heat? Of course I am, but that's not without reason. I want people to come after me, I want myself to be on everyone's mind. If I'm on everyone's mind, then Xander isn't on their mind. Thus, I make Xander irrelevant. He's already pretty irrelevant anyway, he may be the 'PWC Heavyweight Champion' but he's completely devalued the name. Him, a champion? Pah. In his dreams maybe, he's a joke. Someone with credibility, ruthlessness and aggression needs to hold that title. Everyone saw how much more over I was on Vortex and EVERYONE watching at home and in that arena knew that I should have won that match tonight, you know it and I know it. So, Xander, you can continue to sit in that little bubble of yours acting like you're the best in this business but deep down, you're just a sad sad man that needs some attention. You crave it, you don't know how to think straight and quite frankly you deserve to be in a Mental Institution like I was. With the way you're going, you will end up there, so keep doing what you're doing because it's going to backfire all in your face.

You may say that I'm sounding a little harsh right now and you may even find it more strange that I'm sat here talking to myself to this camera but you know what, I really don't care what you think. Sitting alone and speaking allows me to really clear my head. I never got the chance to appreciate silence until I left that Mental Institution, the constant screams, I just wanted to be alone and I just wanted some peace and quiet. I don't care how bad this makes people feel, or how much it makes their blood boil. To be honest, I hope it does. I need to send this message successfully to everyone. I need to let them know that I'm truly not messing around. Losses mean nothing to me at this point, I destroyed Xander tonight and he just got lucky once again. That's the only reason Xander is the PWC Heavyweight Champion because he got lucky and to be honest that just makes me even more angry. Xander won't admit that he was lucky, he genuinely thinks it was all because of him and he actually thinks he's the best. Is he actually out of his mind, does he really think he's the best? He definitely needs a reality check, fast.

It's funny when I look over the PWC Roster and see all these guys calling themselves the best and saying they will eventually win the PWC Heavyweight Championship. I just sit and laugh at them, they have absolutely no chance of getting that title whilst I'm around here and the bad news for them is that I'm going no where, I'm here to stay and I WILL win that Championship sooner rather than later. All of you so called performers stick to the back where you belong and get the hell out of my way. This is between me and Xander, you got that? This fist is just waiting to break someone's face and Xander, you're first on it's list.

1 Week Ago

Darius is sat in the ring of an empty gym. As he looks out at the ruins of the Gym, a man enters the Gym.

MAN: Darius..

DARIUS: Get out, now..

MAN: Darius, I just wanna' talk, get a few things off my chest..

DARIUS: I told you to get out, I won't ask again.

MAN: Bu..

DARIUS: I SAID GET THE F**K OUT, NOW!

The man doesn't leave. Darius suddenly flips. He grabs the unknown man by the neck and shoves him to the wall with force. Darius seems to know this man and he punches him in the gut and instructs him to leave. The man walks out clutching his chest and Darius sits back down in the middle of the ring alone.

Present Day

Darius is pacing around backstage after Defeating Daiko. Danny Eriksen approaches him.

Danny Eriksen: Darius, you defeated Daiko in a match tonight, this was your first win since debuting on Vortex, your thoughts?

Darius looks at the man as he continues to speak.

Danny Eriksen: Okay, uh, are you hoping to have another shot at Xander Black and the PWC Heavyweight Championship.

Darius suddenly grabs and pulls him close to him as he utters the following words:

DARIUS: LEAVE ME ALONE. Before something bad happens to you, do you want to keep your legs?

Danny Eriksen walks off as Darius watches on and begins to talk to himself.

DARIUS: Typical interviewer, has no damn respect. Maybe if he had said "Please will you give me your thoughts?" I would have given them. It's fact he shoved a microphone in my face and expected me to talk to him? Who the hell does he think he is? Anyway, enough about an irrelevant backstage interviewer, let's start talking about my Vortex opponents. Firstly, I shall start with the most irrelevant one Tommy Hendrix. The only thing interesting about this guy for a start is his name. I'm just laughing inside at the fact, I'm facing this no-good wannabe. Who is he and which hole did he crawl out from? Why is he facing the soon to be PWC Heavyweight Champion? Please, someone explain. What is it with me facing jobbers? Do they really want to lose the biggest draw for their business right now? It sure as hell seems like they want to. I won't even go in to detail about Tommy Hendrix, because quite frankly, he's beneath me. I'm not even worried about him in the Triple Threat match but I'll still rip him apart, just to make fun of his expense and lack of strength.

Now, let's get down to the real reason I started talking, Muhammad Islami. Credit where credit is due, he has won two matches so far and has looked pretty strong in previous weeks, but this is where that stops. There is one person he hasn't faced yet and that's me, Darius Black. He knows and I know, that he simply is no match for me. People look up to me as the future of this company and they wish they were like me. Everyone does. Who wouldn't want to be me? I'm the best thing this business has to offer and I'm THE BEST THING GOING TODAY!

Darius looks close to the camera with a rage in his eyes as he directs the message towards Muhammad Islami. Darius can be seen flipping as his language changes.

DARIUS (Continued): You're going to wish you never stepped in the ring with me, because when I'm done with you, you will not want to wrestle EVER AGAIN. I'm going to weaken every part of your body and when I'm finished I am not going to make it easy and get a three count on you. Oh no, I'm not going to make it easy. I'm going to continue beating away on you until you voluntarily give up. Look in to my eyes, this is not a man that is making SOME STUPID JOKE. THIS IS DARIUS BLACK AND I WILL HURT YOU.

Darius pushes the camera out of his face and walks off.

·
Registered
736 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
The scene opens up to a locker room where a few guys are putting away their stuff. The scene then focuses on a person who has just closed his locker door. It is revealed to be a younger Daniel Reese, in high school it seems, is shown putting his gym back into locker. He gives a few high fives to some guys passing by. Sounds of basketballs can be heard being bounced so we now know the guys just finished basketball practice. A few moments later, Mr. Cranston, Reese’s high school basketball coach appears. He goes over to Reese and has a conversation with him.

Hey kid, get over here. Have some news for ya.

Reese looks a little worried but heads on over to his coach.

Wassup coach?

Well kid, there’s this basketball event and boy, I think you’d wanna attend this. It’ll be hosted by Kobe Bryant.

KOBE BRYANT?!

Reese goes wide-eyed as he is very interested since Kobe Bryant is his favorite basketball player.

Yeah, that’s right kid. And well, the people who are running the event have asked our school to send three players to come help out. They’ll showcase some of the best high school talent we have and well, I choose you to go.

Reese holds out his hand and his coach spots it right away before shaking hands.

Thanks coach! This is a big opportunity for me, thanks a lot.

Yeah, no problem kid. Make us proud.

Mr. Cranston leaves after delivering the good news to Daniel Reese.

---

We fast forward to the basketball event hosted by Kobe Bryant in the Los Angeles area. Applause can be heard and we can see why as Kobe Bryant has just spoken on the mic, welcoming everyone to the event where they showcase some of the best high school basketball players. The video then focuses on Daniel Reese who is seen sporting a red jersey and the other team sports a black jersey. He goes over to his friend, Darren, who was also chosen from his school to join in on this event.

Hey Darren, you ready?

Dude, I’m really nervous. We’re both starting for the red team and KOBE FRERAKIN’ BRYANT is watching us! How you feeling?

Ha, I’m ready man. Kobe Bryant watching us is just even more motivation to do better.

Before they can continue, they are called on over to the huddle as the game is about to begin.

---

After the game, it’s shown that the red team are being given medals for winning the game. Kobe Bryant is then giving out the medals to each member of the red team. Kobe gets to Daniel Reese and says something to him.

Kid, that was one hell of a game. You’ve got a future in this business. Goodluck.

Reese is shaken after what Kobe just said to him. But Reese thanks Kobe for his words. After that, Kobe then bestows the medal upon Reese, before shaking hands once again. After the award ceremony ends, Reese goes to the front row where it is occupied by teenage kids and their families. He shakes hands with kids and their families but is stopped by a woman and he recognizes her.

Mrs. Davidson?

Daniel, good to see you. I’m glad you still remember us. It seems just like yesterday that we were neighbors.

It’s good to see you Mrs. Davidson.

On that note, Daniel sees who’s with Mrs. Davidson and is a bit confused.

I see a confused look on your face Daniel.

Oh no, I didn’t mean it, I’m sorry.

No, don’t worry about it. What you’re thinking is right. This is Jack.

Jack?

Reese is shocked as the name rings a bell. We then see a teenage boy, about the same age as Daniel, with his legs all wrapped up while sitting on a wheelchair.

This is Jack, the kid you used to always play with when you were just little boys.

Daniel is at a loss for words. Daniel and Jack used to play when they were just kids. He goes forward to Jack.

Jack, remember me man? Buddy, how you doing?

Daniel, long time man. What a game you had. Best player on the court in my opinion.

Daniel appreciates the kind words but can’t stop looking at Jack’s legs, thinking why he’s in a wheelchair.

Oh these. I bet you’re wondering what happened huh?

Daniel looks a little guilty here but Jack continues on.

Well, after we moved away, an accident just happened. My basketball rolled onto the street and the car just didn’t see me man. And well, here I am. Paralyzed from the bottom down.

Daniel doesn’t really know how to react but looks very apologetic.

Yeah, may have ruined my dream to play basketball professionally, but I’m fine. But enough about me man. I’m glad I got to see you play. It’s kinda cool knowing a basketball play with the caliber of your skill.

Nah man. I’m not that good. But I’m still hoping to play professionally.

You being in this event is a step in the right direction man. You’ll go far, I just know it.

Mrs. Davidson then nudges onto Jack and that’s their signal that they need to leave which Daniel sees.

Daniel, it was great seeing you. Regards to your family. We miss you all.

Thanks Mrs. Davidson. And Jack, I’ll see you soon man.

Jack nods at Daniel’s direction before Mrs. Davidson wheels him out to the exit.

---

Backstage, we see Danny Eriksen waiting for the signal of his camera crew. He points to the label on the door and it says “Daniel Reese” signaling the locker room belongs to Daniel Reese. Eriksen gets the signal that his camera crew is ready and they enter. They see Reese putting away some stuff in his gym bag and taking out some wrestling tape to apply to his wrists.

Daniel, can we get a word?

Oh yeah, sure. But let’s make it quick, I gotta prepare for my match with Jack.

Eriksen then adjusts his tie and continues on with the interview.

Ladies and gentlemen, we’re here with Daniel Reese. And Daniel, congratulations on moving onto the next round in the #1 Contendership’s Tournament Match.

Thanks, but it isn’t over yet.

That’s right. Your next opponent is Jack, PWC’s resident humanoid bunny-man. How do you prepare for someone like this?

Just like how I prepare for anyone really. We all know Jack is a little unorthodox but there are ways to prepare for him. I won’t reveal my plans because I know Jack is watching this.

Fair enough. Also, we’re nearing the finals of the tournament. Tell us what will make you advance to the finals.

Well, Danny. I can tell you that I won’t quit. When it looks like I’m out of a match, you can expect me to come back and make another run. Right now, I just can’t see myself quitting. I mean, the winner goes on to challenge for the World Title and the World Title is what I want.

Daniel gets a little serious after what he just said. He looks straight into Eriksen’s eyes meaning business.

There will be no quit in me, because there are a lot of things I want to accomplish in my life and winning the World Title is one of them. Jack, you may be going into the match the favorite, but that’s where I thrive the most, when I’m the underdog. I’ve had a lot of doubters in my life, and so far, I’ve proven most of them wrong.

Daniel continues on, looking more confident as he does.

But now, there are people who doubt me because of the reason I came into this business. And that’s to win the big one for my father.

Daniel slows down a little after he mentioned his late father.

But winning the big one isn’t the only reason I came to PWC, no. I came to PWC to face the best wrestlers the world can offer and to make a name for myself. A name my father would be proud of.

With the interview seemingly coming to an end, Daniel looks straight into the camera.

If I’ve learned anything in life, it’s that it’s just too short. So Jack, come Vortex, you have to be ready, because I will be. You’ll be a box that I can check off of my list of accomplishments. But Danny, before I end this interview. I wanna dedicate this match to my long time friend, Jack Davidson. Jack, this match is for you buddy. Because of you, I’ve learned to live life to the fullest and to do things you’ll be proud of not just today, not just tomorrow, but forever. So buddy, watch me this week, you’ll be proud.

With that, Daniel walks off camera to another part of his locker room, leaving Eriksen and his camera crew.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts