Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Bring back Gary Oak!
4,682 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

Male narrator:
Sometimes the world is at peace...

A vast, rocky plain comes into view, with boulders and stone as far as the eye can see.

Narrator:
...but then...

A gentle zephyr sweeps through the landscape, swirling some of the reddish earth.

Narrator:
...powerful forces are fated to meet.

The PWC-logo flashes on-screen, before slowly fading into the background. Loud tremors can be heard in the distance, the first signs of an earthquake.

Narrator:
New beginnings will change the landscape...

Still-shots of Way, Grey, Hollander, Galucci, Carver, Jensen, Thorn and Crowley are shown, followed by the terrain shaking violently.

Narrator:
The battle lines are drawn...

We see a split-screen with the Fallen high-fiving each other on one side and the Regime cracking their knuckles on the other. The shot fades away to reveal a crevasse being formed, cracking through the ground.

Narrator:
When these powers collide, which will leave the greater legacy?

Nero flaunting his title to Islami is shown, followed by dirt and rocks falling into the crevasse as it widens.

Narrator:
...and which will be the dominant force?

We see Kyle Elric and Darius Black exchanging multiple punches. Each blow is followed by a boulder tumbling in a different direction.

Narrator:
This clash of the mighty leaves destruction in its wake. The Premier Wrestling Circuit proudly presents...

The next shot is one of the ruined landscape.

Narrator:
Desolation!

Premier Wrestling Circuit
... Presents ...

PWC: Desolation

Arena: Madison Square Garden
Size: 19,500

Singles Match:
Derek Jacobs vs. Austin Angel

Triple Threat Match:
Axel Way vs. Jensen vs. Noah Carver

Singles Match for the PWC Legacy Championship
Muhammad Islami vs. Dr. Nero (c)

Singles Match:
Robert Hollander vs. Gino Galluci

Singles Match:
Freddie Vos vs. Daiko

Triple Threat Match:
Nathaniel Grey vs. Crowley vs. Bruce Thorn Jr.

Steel Cage Match for the PWC World Heavyweight Championship:
Darius Black vs. Kyle Elric (c)

WE ARE GIVING A 10 DAY WINDOW FOR THE PPV. Deadline for RP's is 11:59pm GMT on Monday, July 14th. You will be given a 24 hour warning before the deadline so don't worry.

This thread will be used for posting your RP's, if you want to feedback on someone's RP then go ahead, post the feedback in here. Once the show is posted, you can feedback on that, if you like.

GFX Credit: ABrown & ManureTheBear

Also, let's try something different. Use the match card as a predictions template and post your predictions here. You can post your predictions without even seeing the RPs posted so yeah, it'll just be a guessing game. The winner/winners will get hmm...the joy of winning a predictions contest? Or if they really want something, you can PM me or one of the guys in creative and we can offer some direction for your character. Although, you guys can do this already, we're just waiting for you guys to PM us.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Lets change that PGTV symbol on the poster to TV-14 and then I will be happy.

·
Locker Room Leader
12,112 Posts
DAT poster tho (Y)

·
Premium Member
8,251 Posts
Debuting on a PPV :mark: :mark: :mark:

My nan recently passed away this week so I probably won't be working on my RP until the weekend of the coming PPV. I did have a few ideas rolling around though so hopefully it will come together nicely :).

·
Registered
736 Posts
Singles Match:

- Angel has a chip on his shoulder and needs to win this match I think. If DJ wins this, it'll be good for him as well because he needs a solid win to solidify himself. Is this the end of Angel? Who knows. But I hope that's not the case. Angel is one of the biggest faces in PWC so him continuing is what's best for business.

Triple Threat Match:

- I think Jensen and Carver will have great debuts but I gotta give this to the guy who already RP'd in the fed. Way's debut RP might've been the best debut RP we've had in PWC and that's saying something tbh. I like all 3 characters so anyone winning this one will be fine.

- Nero brings it in this match. Islami has been on fire and has looked really good on the shows but Nero takes it here imo. I wouldn't mind seeing this feud continue but I think a face needs to step in so we can cheer for someone. All the interactions and having Nurse Ellie involved has been great. Kudos to creative for making this storyline one of my favorites.

Singles Match:

- Speaking of faces who could step into the legacy title picture ;) I gotta go with myself. I have no idea what I'm gonna do for my RP yet, but an idea is bound to come to me soon. I won't comment too much on this one. Good luck DOPA! Should be a good match.

Singles Match:
Freddie Vos vs. Daiko

- Gonna throw a curveball here and go with a Daiko win. I'm not sure about anyone else but I'm enjoying face Daiko. He's the type of face who doesn't really care too much and just wants to win a match or something, that's someone I can root for. I'm thinking that Daiko pulls out his best RP here and defeats Vos, establishing himself as one of the top faces in PWC.

Triple Threat Match:

- Everyone in this match is a heel but I think I'm gonna go with Grey since we've seen him RP once. The other guys can pull out the win but I think Grey wins this one. Thorn Jr. should get some good exposure here so I hope there's a cool spot for him in this match.

- Going with the champ to retain here. However, I wouldn't be surprised if Darius wins this one. I think this is TFW's test to see if he can consistently put out some great RPs. I believe he can do it but it's gonna be tough against QTR. This is probably my favorite storyline going on right now and I hope it doesn't disappoint.

Great looking card guys! The graphics look cool too. Kudos to MTB for that. This could be PWC's best PPV yet, woooo!

·
Premium Member
8,251 Posts
I'm assuming that PPV RP's are expected to be longer? At least I hope so because I have a great idea on what I'm gonna do with my RP but it might end up being quite long to the say the least :lol. I don't know if it will be good enough to win because I don't doubt Jam's abilities but it should be fun for everyone to read :). Gonna start working on it a little before work. Probably gonna piece it together in little stages.

·
Exploring Planet Alpha
348 Posts
I'm assuming that PPV RP's are expected to be longer? At least I hope so because I have a great idea on what I'm gonna do with my RP but it might end up being quite long to the say the least :lol. I don't know if it will be good enough to win because I don't doubt Jam's abilities but it should be fun for everyone to read :). Gonna start working on it a little before work. Probably gonna piece it together in little stages.
Go nuts with it man. PPV RP's are the time to go nuts. I should know, my first PPV RP was pretty crazy...just wasn't good.

·
Registered
736 Posts
Ooops. I could've sworn that Grey was a heel. I even checked your profile and I still got it wrong. Fail.

·
Locker Room Leader
12,112 Posts
Singles Match:

Tough call here, think HN has a better storyline in place and idea for where he wants to take his character and seems like he's been planning this for a while.
Meeks is unpredictable. At his best he certainly is capable of beating Austin Angel, but will we see the best Derek Jacobs at Desolation? Going with the safer bet in HN here.

Triple Threat Match:

Must say I'm really looking forward to the two debuts here, but Axel Way was incredible in his first RP and I see no reason his form dips here. If you stick with us long term, I see big things in Axel's future.

Singles Match for the PWC Legacy Championship:

Think the champ retains here. Islami seems to be kind of stuck in a rut character wise. If Principino can figure out a new promising arc, it can make all the difference. During the first PPV, his RPs had a sense of building up to a conclusion and hence I loved his Alpha and Omega RP but these standalone ones, while still good, leave me with the feeling that he can do better.
Nero still seems to have a plan so I'm picking Lariatoh to retain here.

Singles Match:

Hollander looks promising but having never read any RP from L-DOPA before, I'll go with Jam. Galucci is actually one of the debuts I'm most looking forward to since I'm very curious to how Jam does with it. Won't be easy for anyone here by any means.

Singles Match:
Freddie Vos vs. Daiko

I'm warming up to Daiko as a face and he seems to have finally found his groove but MTB knows his character inside out. Betting against Freddie is always a risky proposition and despite putting up a valiant fight, I think Daiko goes down. An upset would make me very happy though, so who knows. But in general I feel Daiko needs some backstory and a general character arc to go from good to great.

Triple Threat Match:

Again, going with the experienced guy here. Despite coming out on the losing end, Grey's debut RP was good. Crowley is someone I have no idea about so he may surprise me and Bruce Thorn has some good backstory and is my tag team partner from PWA, so I'll root for him :lol
But I see Darkside winning this as of now.

Not as confident in myself as I once was, and TFW's been on a hot streak recently but I kind of have an idea of what to base my RP around after a long time so if I can work on that, I should be able to produce something good.

Darius winning wouldn't shock me though.

Awesome PPV card. Really looking forward to this.

·
Exploring Planet Alpha
348 Posts
Singles Match:

Been off my game for a couple weeks now and I'm not sure how well my idea is going to work. But is the end of a long journey so who knows. It might turn out as well it sounds in my head.

Triple Threat Match:

Way had my favorite debut RP in PWC history last week, this was an easy choice for me. But I'm sure all 3 RP's will be good.

Nero is on his game lately and based off a recent PM from him, sounds like he's got a set idea.

Singles Match:

Good guy JAM puts a newb over? I don't know.

Singles Match:
Freddie Vos vs. Daiko

Vos is a monster man, did you know he has 3 wins over Austin Angel? 3! This one should be close but I'm picking the guy who is a main eventer.

Triple Threat Match:

I liked Darkside's RP last time, he just ended up being against Way who pulled out something great. I'll pick the guy who I know what he's bringing to the table.

This may not be what I think will happen, but this is what I WANT to happen. I've been a Darius fan since the start of PWC and TFW has come a long way. It'd be nice to see him win the big one, even if he couldn't win a feud ending match with me. ;)

I think QTR is gonna pull this off in a VERY close one though. Still picking Darius though because somebody needs to.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Great stuff fellas, awesome graphics (Y) and awesome looking card. I'll work hard on the RP to try and do you guys justice.

My nan recently passed away this week so I probably won't be working on my RP until the weekend of the coming PPV. I did have a few ideas rolling around though so hopefully it will come together nicely :).
Condolences to you and yours buddy.

·
Bring back Gary Oak!
4,682 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Singles Match:
Freddie Vos vs. Daiko

- Gonna throw a curveball here and go with a Daiko win. I'm not sure about anyone else but I'm enjoying face Daiko. He's the type of face who doesn't really care too much and just wants to win a match or something, that's someone I can root for. I'm thinking that Daiko pulls out his best RP here and defeats Vos, establishing himself as one of the top faces in PWC.
:lmao Even I don't think I'll win.

Singles Match:

This is a difficult one, tbh. On one hand, HN's been average at best lately. On the other, even I've beat Jacobs.

Triple Threat Match:

Gotta go for the only one that I've seen write so far. (While I'm here. THE PUNT WASN'T THE FINISH, JAM. IT WAS JUST A STRAIGHT UP PUNT. THE FISHERS HOOK BRAINBUSTAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA WAS THE FINISH. Yeesh.)

Islami's got a point to prove here. Nero's got a slutty nurse lovely young lady friend who occasionally does things. Go team.

Singles Match:

If Jam's his typical always happy face, I'm going to lose all my future lunches. I think good ol' Crusade's going to take this though. Gino goes into the pit of neverending jobbers, Hollander's movin' on up. ggnore

Singles Match:
Freddie Vos vs. Daiko

99% of the time Goliath just straight up crushes David. This is one of those 99%. Prepare for the 5 minute squash.

Triple Threat Match:
Nathaniel Grey vs. Crowley vs. Bruce Thorn Jr

Once again, the only guy I know.

Elric wins lol.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Singles Match:

I'm gonna back Austin in this one because I'm intrigued by this idea he's been cooking up. He's due a win, as they say!

Triple Threat Match:

Well if you can't root for yourself, eh?! Haha but seriously, really looking forward to turning out against these two, should be a show stealer! On a side note, really overwhelmed by all the nice words about my debut RP, I'll try to do it justice with the follow up.

Really enjoyed reading over this storyline, and both men have brought it in the past. Gonna say Islammi here, as his RPs have been of an A grade quality consistently. But any defending champ steps it up for a title defence, so I could be wrong.

Singles Match:

Don't know much about either, but I'm gonna say Jam takes it. Especially with talk of propelling himself into Legacy title contention.

Singles Match:
Freddie Vos vs. Daiko

I get the impression that MTB is a heavy hitter in the PWC and after reading over past shows/RPs, I can see why. Him to take the win.

Triple Threat Match:

Was really impressed by Grey's RP last week, and we produced a great match! Gonna back him in this one over the newbies.

This is shaping up to be a might good main event! The champ will retain based on what I've read from these guys. But only if he brings his best.

Think this is shaping up great guys, and looking forward to see how the show plays out.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Singles Match:

I'm a badass. I leave nothing but broken bones and soiled panties in my wake. Worship me mere mortals.

Triple Threat Match:

His name reminds me of Guns N' Roses.

He's crazy.

Singles Match:
He's Italian. So is pizza. Enough said.

Singles Match:
Freddie Vos vs. Daiko

The regime with the sweep.

Triple Threat Match:
Nathaniel Grey vs.Crowley vs. Bruce Thorn Jr.

Reminds me of another character I RP as in a different fed.

Sirius Black's crazy nephew.

·
All good things must come to an end.
14,025 Posts

Darius’ apartment - Days before Desolation

Darius is sat in his apartment with the TV on at a relatively faint volume. As we pan over to the clock, we see that’s it’s 3AM in the morning. Rain drops can be seen slowly dripping down the window, as Darius can be seen with his head up looking at the ceiling grunting and talking to himself.

Darius: It’s 3AM, I’m sat here, with a beer, wide awake and not feeling in the least bit tired. Why does this happen every single night? What is the point of the existence of sleep anyway, why must our bodies go to this useless and emotionless state? Most people are useless as it is, this is just giving them an excuse every night to not do anything.

Uh, I don’t know anymore.

Darius reaches over to the arm of the chair, and grabs the remote switching off the TV. He slowly stumbles over to the Window looking out at the rain filled Window before slowly falling down the Window, and just collapsing on the floor next to a bunch of cardboard boxes filled with bits and bobs. He drops to the floor with a thud.

* FADES TO BLACK *

New York City, New York - Five Days Ago

Darius is stood by a rusted gritty wall, just a few minute shy of the heart of New York City. He slowly takes out his packet of cigarettes, and lights up one with a tired, run-down look in his eyes, blistering red. Beside him can be seen his trusty partner in crime Dominic, resting on the wall. Just waiting to be used in another one of Darius’ outrages. On the other side of the street, a man with a scruffy looking jacket, and torn jeans can be seen resting on cardboard beside an old and disused mannequin shop.

Darius with the cigarette in his mouth, reaches with his left hand to bring a small booklet from his jacket pocket. He opens it aggressively skipping mountains of pages of notes until he finds a blank page. With a pen in hand, Darius begins writing notes, verbally saying them as he writes.

Darius: It was one of those days, I’d not had much sleep the night before, and well I guess you could say I felt a little disgruntled..whenever I come to this place...New York that is, I just feel like I’ve walked in to the devil’s lair. There is so many people around, so many different agendas going on...so many worthless individuals.

Darius stops, and leaves his pen resting on the page as he reaches to his mouth pulling out the cigarette and launching it to the ground. He then steps on it a few times, putting it out. He looks over at the road, and at the many New Yorkers rushing to get to work, or maybe just the next McDonalds...Darius slowly brushes his hair back, looking attentively at his notes, thinking about what to write next.

Darius: My Dad, when he used to be an actual decent human being, used to tell me all sorts of stories about his business trips to New York. Chicago was a far and away different place from New York, but that didn’t stop it from being a steaming pile of shit infested with the same worthless fuckers that pollute the atmosphere. Anyway, he used to tell me how he’d keep a note of the amount of times he was pushed and shoved just walking down the street, or trying to buy a morning coffee. It easily exceeded the hundreds some days, and other days even the thousands..

Darius taps his head, thinking of what else to put down in his notes. He looks around for inspiration, not finding anything particularly useful. He taps his head in the sort of motion of a ticking time bomb, just waiting to set off on whoever dares confront it.

Darius: You see, whilst I don’t claim to be this real nice and pleasant person, at least I’m upfront with it. These bastards, these scum of society are too much of a bunch of socially inept pussies, that they’re unable to stand up for what they truly believe in. They are too afraid to show their true colours. That’s the real epidemic going on, everyone does things behind everyone’s back, no one can confront their demons. I on the other hand, embrace it. I’ll go and chill with the demons.

The truth is, you either a die a hero or you live long enough to become a villain. I was smart enough to take the chance, being a hero gets you in one of two places. Either being taken advantage of, or being too weak enough to defend yourself and be slayed.

Darius has a slight smiles on his face, as he looks down at his notes mumbling to himself. He closes the book and brings it up to his face, kissing the front cover, before placing the small notebook back in his pocket. He looks over at the city street, particularly the Diner over by the road that looks fairly unoccupied. His ideal place, you could call it. Compared to the Coffee Shops and Restaurants in the main portion of the city.

New York City, New York Diner - Five Days Ago

Darius is sat by himself in the Diner, as he peers around at the room. An old lady and her apparent husband can be seen sipping lightly on Coffee, the old man can be seen with a newspaper resting on his lap. Also can be seen is a Woman sat by herself as she looks down at her phone. The Waiter begins to make his way over to Darius.

Dominic: What can I get you?

Darius: Just a Coffee will do, thanks..

Dominic: You sure, we’ve got a special offer on pancakes today. When you buy a Coffee, you get free pancakes with it. With the topping of your choice obviously, sugar, gravy? What do you fancy?

Darius: Uh, I’ll take the Coffee. I don’t like Pancakes.

Dominic: But it’s free?

Darius: So?

Dominic: You’re the first guy today that’s turned down something for free. Anyway, I’ll have that Coffee to you shortly.

Darius: Thanks.

Darius looks on at the waiter walking off behind the desk, shaking his head in a humorous fashion. Suddenly, he looks down at his pants. His phone can be heard vibrating as he brings it up and sees ‘Lucy’ on the Caller ID. He answers it.

Darius: Hello.

We hear Lucy on the other end.

Lucy: Hey Darius, I just called to say hello and to see how everything is?

Darius: I’m fine. Sorry I’ve not called you in a few weeks, it’s just that..

Lucy interrupts Darius..

Lucy: Darius, stop. You've told me about your job and how you’re constantly moving around place to place, I understand. It’s just that, Tommy really wants to meet you, he never stops talk about it, and thinks it’s so cool that you’re a part of a wrestling business.

Darius: He’s a good kid. It’s not that I don’t want to meet him, It’s just I’m not sure when I’ll have the time...I just don’t want it to feel like a half-assed visit, and I get anxious about these things.

The waiter brings the Coffee over to Darius placing it on the table, as Darius mouths ‘thanks’. Lucy can be heard talking on the other line.

Lucy: It’s alright, I understand. Just let me know whenever you feel up to it, and we can sort out the best time for you to come. I really want to see you again, I know it’s only been a couple of weeks. But I always enjoy venting to you *Lucy laughs*

Darius: I’ll tell you what, once I’m done with this big show coming up, me and you will meet up and sort something out together. That sound okay?

Lucy: Yeah, anyway, I've gotta’ go. My friend’s knocking on the door. I love you.

Darius: Yeah, okay, love you too.

The phone beeps as Darius ends the call and places the phone back in his pocket. He places both hands around his steaming mug of Coffee, clearly deep in thought as he gazes off in to the distance.

* FADES TO BLACK *

Madison Square Garden, Manhattan, New York City - Day of Desolation

Darius is stood backstage (as usual) prepping for the biggest match of his career, where he has a shot at winning the gold, and achieving his dream of being the face of the company. Darius can be seen throwing a tennins ball at the wall opposite him, catching it and throwing it again. Repeating the process, as he contemplates his match tonight.

Darius looks over to see Erikson stumbling over, as usual, interrupting Darius’ thought process. He continues throwing the tennis ball, acting oblivious to Danny’s presence.

Danny: Hey, uh, Darius. I just wanted to ask you some questions about your match tonight, because I’m an interviewer and that’s my job. Well, you have a Steel Cage Match tonight vs Elric for the World Championship.

Darius looks at Danny smirking as he catches the tennis ball, and looks on at Danny who is trembling as always attempting to hold the mic up to Darius’ mouth..

Darius: I’m aware of what my match entails tonight, you don’t have to spread out the details. That’s your problem, less talky. You’re an interviewer, that is correct, but at least listen to what your interviewee has to say before you start going off in to one of your tangents again.

Darius debates with himself what’s he’s going to say next as he nibbles on his fingers deep in thought.

Darius: .....The difference between me and Elric tonight will be preparation. He’s the World Champion, so you and those idiots out there are going to assume that’s he’s prepared. Well, being the Champion means nothing in this scenario. I don’t think, I know that Elric doesn’t have the mental capacity to deal with the cards that will be dealt tonight. Unfortunately for him, he’s going to get an unlucky hand.

Darius aggressively claws his hair before violently rubbing his face, as he looks Danny deep in the eyes, and turns to the camera with a sudden snap.

Darius: As soon as I win that belt, I won’t just be wearing it around my waist. It will be ingrained in to my body, every walking moment I have, every time my heart skips a beat, the belt will be there. Until my heart stops ticking away, and it’s physically impossible for me to hold on it any longer. I'll never let go. Not even for a second.

I’ll take away Elric piece by piece, until he’s just a worthless piece of meat on the mat unable to defend itself and just waiting, ready to be digested by any predators that pass it’s way. If you think I’m going to be shaking your hand at the end of the night, I’m afraid you’re more of an idiot than you look. This isn't some mutual agreement, I don’t care who you are, after tonight, you’ll be none other than just one of the many scum of society walking down the streets of Manhattan. This place is none other than a cesspool filled to the brim with trash, it’s a real shame I'll be winning the title here.

Darius brushes away the Microphone from his face, and grabs his tennis ball back from the many boxes around the backstage area. He continues to bounce it off the wall, as Danny Erikson quickly stumbles off, clearly mortified as usual.

* FADES TO BLACK *

1 - 20 of 69 Posts