Wrestling Forum banner

281 - 300 of 494 Posts

·
Super Moderator Going Backwards With WF
33,365 Posts
:klopp2

Never. Give. Up.

:mane

I said all week Villa away would be a tricky game and it turned out that way. Once again we wern't brilliant but got the job done at a crucial time with us having City next week. Was surprised to see Lallana start (I know he rested Fab because of his yellow card).

Fuck next week is going to be a long, tense one to sit though.

·
The Sundance Kid
18,281 Posts
:klopp2

Never. Give. Up.

:mane

I said all week Villa away would be a tricky game and it turned out that way. Once again we wern't brilliant but got the job done at a crucial time with us having City next week. Was surprised to see Lallana start (I know he rested Fab because of his yellow card).

Fuck next week is going to be a long, tense one to sit though.
Don't forget about Genk at Anfield on Tuesday. :mark:

·
Ex nihilo
9,318 Posts
As disgusting as it is to see, results like that are what champions are able to pull off. This year is actually gonna be their year :hoganliv

Dark days. Pep will truly go down in history as a bald fraud if he allows this to happen :shame :berlino :disdrogba

·
You're Pretty Good
9,768 Posts
Football is so shit.

We spent £80m to downgrade on Chris Smalling. Maguire is cabbage.

End the world. End it now.

·
Banned
2,473 Posts
BEEN A WHILE SINCE I POSTED IN THIS SECTION BOYOS.

Liverpool keep looking like a team that could win the league than actually do it yet go out in Europe and rip teams up. It's really weird.

I have full confidence the league will be coming to Manchester again this season.

·
Aggressively White
6,236 Posts
Starting to think £60m for Chilwell wouldn't be so bad...
You can afford it, so it's just a case of whether you want him and he'd be a excellent addition. Unless you want Digne instead or something I think it's a great buy.

He's 22, so if worst comes to worst and he somehow flops you can sell him and recoup most of the fee.

·
#WoodwardOut #LUHG
15,085 Posts
Bayern sacking their manager.

Proper mentality.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

·
Aggressively White
6,236 Posts
:chlol

Well a lot of Leicester fans did say you signed our third best CB.

Jonny Evans was much better than him last season.
Soyuncu started four league games last season which were all against shit and he didn't keep a clean sheet in any. It'd be a little knee jerk of those fans to decide that he's better than your best player of the season prior.

The only game I remember watching him play was vs City in the League Cup where he was awful

He plays in a better defence, with better protection in front and a better manager; things may still change.

·
Registered
4,582 Posts
Soyuncu started four league games last season which were all against shit and he didn't keep a clean sheet in any. It'd be a little knee jerk of those fans to decide that he's better than your best player of the season prior.

The only game I remember watching him play was vs City in the League Cup where he was awful

He plays in a better defence, with better protection in front and a better manager; things may still change.
I'll admit last season Soyuncu looked very hit and miss in the games he played, going into this season I had my doubts when we didn't sign a replacement for Maguire, Rodgers has put his trust in Soyuncu and he's delivering week in week out.

We currently have the joint best defence in the league without Maguire in it, losing him has made us better, when so many pundits and opposition fans were saying he was our best defender.

First season Maguire was great, last season he was bang average, Ricardo, Evans and Chilwell were all better than him in our back four.

Last season Maguire had a good partner in Evans, he had good protection in the help of Ndidi and he looked average.

The only real area United strengthened in, in the summer was defence, signing two of the best talents in English football in Maguire and Wan-Bissaka, yet they still have problems. Does Maguire need a better partner and better protection at United? McTominay isn't doing a bad job as the protector, he is the United player that seems to be getting most of the plaudits this season. United's problems lie further forward, hence the lack of creativity and goals.

·
Aggressively White
6,236 Posts
I agree with most of that; I was more sceptical that "a lot of Leicester fans said he was the third best CB" when there was nothing to suggest Soyuncu would be better than him.

It is only 11 games in, so time will with whether Soyuncu is better than Maguire. Especially when Maguire had a :jet2 first season then dropped off.

·
Registered
4,582 Posts
I agree with most of that; I was more sceptical that "a lot of Leicester fans said he was the third best CB" when there was nothing to suggest Soyuncu would be better than him.

It is only 11 games in, so time will with whether Soyuncu is better than Maguire. Especially when Maguire had a :jet2 first season then dropped off.
Tongue in cheek comment buddy ;)

But we signed Soyuncu for a reason, Rodgers has put his faith in him and so far he's delivering.

He looks as good as Maguire if not better right now, just as good on the ball, defensively he's been solid and he is quick asf.

Behind Vardy I'd say he's been our standout performer so far this season and that's in a team where the majority are playing consistently well.

·
Registered
4,582 Posts
Another win :brodgers

A tough game in parts, Arsenal didn't look too bad today, once we scored the first goal though in typical Arsenal fashion their heads dropped.

Soyuncu, Evans, Ricardo, Ndidi, Maddison and Vardy were all magnificent.

Up to second for the time being :D

281 - 300 of 494 Posts