Wrestling Forum banner

261 - 280 of 527 Posts

·
Super Moderator Going Backwards With WF
33,403 Posts
:klopp2 Good to get back to winning ways. We deserved the win, too. Disappointed to go behind but second half esp we were all over them and should have wrapped it up before we did.

Sensing a potential tricky trip to Villa next week.

·
Registered
31 Posts
What the fuck was Xhaka doing? Emery simply can't put him in the Team again after this. Let alone let him stay as captain.

·
Premium Member
1,679 Posts
I say let Matip rest up until the City game, play him there and then he gets the international break to rest some more. Lovren looked a little shaky vs Spurs and Gomez hasn't been the same since his brilliant run of form at the start of last season.

·
Premium Member
1,679 Posts
Ahh I thought the club was just holding him back for a period of time to recuperate his knee, I thought he could still play if needed.

·
SELF CONTROL.
5,480 Posts
Matip is big loss. Hopefully it's not as long as six weeks.

Gomez is a much better player than Lovren but he's surprisingly been in poor form.

·
33,403 Posts
Matip is big loss. Hopefully it's not as long as six weeks.

Gomez is a much better player than Lovren but he's surprisingly been in poor form.
Yeah with Gomez I think he does need a run of games as his confidence is low and Klopp eluded to him being low on form himself and you can see it too over the season so far. There were rumors about him being unhappy too but take that with a pinch of salt. His injury record doesn't help but he's one of our bright sparks still so I hope it can work itself out.

·
SELF CONTROL.
5,480 Posts
Yeah with Gomez I think he does need a run of games as his confidence is low and Klopp eluded to him being low on form himself and you can see it too over the season so far. There were rumors about him being unhappy too but take that with a pinch of salt. His injury record doesn't help but he's one of our bright sparks still so I hope it can work itself out.
Definitely. A run of games is what he needs to try and get that confidence back as we all know he has the talent. Surely he can't be too unhappy considering his average form. He's quite young still and I'm hoping he gets the opportunity again to partner with VVD for an extended number of games until Matip is back. I honestly can't believe how good Matip has been the last few seasons, he's really surprised me.

On another note, hopefully Salah is okay as he's pretty vital to the team when fit even though does go missing at times.

·
33,403 Posts
Definitely. A run of games is what he needs to try and get that confidence back as we all know he has the talent. Surely he can't be too unhappy considering his average form. He's quite young still and I'm hoping he gets the opportunity again to partner with VVD for an extended number of games until Matip is back. I honestly can't believe how good Matip has been the last few seasons, he's really surprised me.

On another note, hopefully Salah is okay as he's pretty vital to the team when fit even though does go missing at times.
Yeah Gomez will be needed now over the next month or two esp. It's big game after big game, 2 games per week and it's an opportunity for him get back in, probably starting with tomorrow's game against Arsenal. Salah did train yesterday so hopefully he'll fine. Although I'd rest him tomorrow for sure.

Just hope Fabinho doesn't pick up a yellow on Saturday because he'll miss the City game too, then. He's been fucking immense this season.

Maybe he'll play tomorrow, pick up a card and miss Villa (if it counts) :klopp6 Altho Villa away could be a tricky game tbh.

·
SELF CONTROL.
5,480 Posts
Yeah Gomez will be needed now over the next month or two esp. It's big game after big game, 2 games per week and it's an opportunity for him get back in, probably starting with tomorrow's game against Arsenal. Salah did train yesterday so hopefully he'll fine. Although I'd rest him tomorrow for sure.

Just hope Fabinho doesn't pick up a yellow on Saturday because he'll miss the City game too, then. He's been fucking immense this season.

Maybe he'll play tomorrow, pick up a card and miss Villa (if it counts) :klopp6 Altho Villa away could be a tricky game tbh.
Had no idea that Fabinho had so many yellow cards. Couldn't agree with you more, he's been brilliant and exactly the type of player we've needed since Gerrard/Alonso/Mascherano. I'd prefer if he missed against Villa rather than City. :sk

·
Still searching
4,391 Posts

Yellow card accumulation rules only apply in the league unfortunately. Bans for red cards cross over though which is odd.

We've got Jorginho on 4 yellows in the league so far which is :argh: given our midfield injury problems.

·
hello
19,582 Posts
good result especially at Stamford Bridge, Rashford's free kick :banderas

young Brandon Williams looks better at LWB than Ashley Young, ideally he gets more game time there until Shaw returns from his 1000th injury. McTominay is turning into a good all round CM. even Rojo is playing decently atm. JLINGZ still stinks tho

Penaltypool scraping through over Arsenal in a 10 goal thriller also

·
The Sundance Kid
18,390 Posts
Lmao what a fucking match that was

Klopp trying to get us knocked out by playing the kids and the least defensive midfield trio possible and we win 5-5 on pens :lmao

Completely unbearable

·
14,525 Posts
Penaltypool scraping through over Arsenal in a 10 goal thriller also
You probably get more penalties than them :confused:

Although last night was 100% a penalty. Alonso is so fucking stupid, however, no qualms about him playing last night as all he really should be is a League Cup player anyway.

Starting to think £60m for Chilwell wouldn't be so bad...

·
33,403 Posts
Origi :banderas

Ox again :banderas

Fucking mad match. Jones did really well when he came on. Good to see Brewster get the full match too. I'm never too fussed about the League Cup but last night was just a mental match to watch :klopp6

·
hello
19,582 Posts
You probably get more penalties than them :confused:

Although last night was 100% a penalty. Alonso is so fucking stupid, however, no qualms about him playing last night as all he really should be is a League Cup player anyway.

Starting to think £60m for Chilwell wouldn't be so bad...
:mj2

Alonso is a potato, Chelsea's weakest part of their squad is at LB

·
The Sundance Kid
18,390 Posts
Knew we'd struggle when I saw the midfield selection (never get tired of saying this after games where we struggle because it ALWAYS because we went with a wonky midfield trio) and sure enough it wasn't until we subbed off 2/3 of our midfield that we came back and won.

But in our defense Firmino scored a goal in the first half and they just didn't give it to him, simple as that. Flag went up despite it being dead even and VAR failed to establish that he was offside. Despite that, no goal. If the flag had stayed down then VAR wouldn't have overruled it. Linesman had no business raising his flag. Who knows how the match would've gone if it had been 1-1 in the first half.

Mane absolutely clutch as usual, easy to see why Messi rates him as the best footballer in the world. Robbo's goal was tremendous. Salah was anonymous today unfortunately and Trent, while brilliant with his passes and going forward nearly handed Villa a goal on more than one occasion.

Oh well, happy to win. :hb Wish Klopp was better at picking his midfield but what are you gonna do.

Expected Bournemouth to beat United so wasn't surprised there. Unfortunate that Southampton couldn't hold on to a result against City. :sad: With the way we play down to our opponents at times, I'm not at all convinced by a 6 point lead.

261 - 280 of 527 Posts