Wrestling Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
981 - 1000 of 1129 Posts

·
Sacrificed It All, To Enrich My Life For A Second!
5,042 Posts
Absolutely shambolic from start to finish. I wasn't happy with the team selection as I honestly don't understand playing our more solid defender at right back, playing Matic when he's been awful since returning from injury, putting Lukaku up front centrally against Zouma where it was predictable he would struggle against a physical defender and low and behold he did and miscontrolled practically every ball that came his way... his first touch was a pass to Everton. Putting Rashford on the right wing where he's always been ineffective there. Just a bizarre line-up from Ole with poor tactics and even worse, negative substitutions. So he will have to be held accountable for his mistakes, which he's been making quite a lot the past 6+ weeks. I'm hoping it does come good for Ole and am willing to give him a pre-season and transfer window to see what he does but right now, he needs to be doing more in his role.

Also, you have the mindset of the players throughout that, which quite frankly was disgusting. You have players not running for the shirt, just walking about after losing the ball carelessly, looking sloppy in their passing, slow in their decision making, getting to the ball last, not showing any urgency or passion for the shirt and just looking like they don't want to be there. I was fuming when I saw the players laughing and joking in the tunnel before the game, especially Pogba being overly friendly with Zouma, hugging and smiling... you're competing in a must-win game and you're acting like that? You should be serious going into this game and it's the wrong mindset from the very beginning and sends out the wrong signal to fans.

These players just aren't good enough, some are past it, some are average at best, some are in abysmal form and this as I mentioned before is down to the board and the incompetent Ed Woodward. We're a calamity from top to bottom and drastic changes need to be made but will it with this board? At the moment, I very much doubt it. We are run so poorly and it's a joke no structure has been put in place coming towards the latter stages of the season, when we really need to see something going on in preparation for pre-season.

I have no hope for the City game and that's Top 4 most likely gone for me. Another waste of a season endured and on we go to next season... yay.

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
But he bought quite a lot of that shower...
In all fairness United's scouting system is absolute garbage regardless of manager. Ibrahimovic was the best signing United made since De Gea, Matic has been one of the better signings, if United has sold Pogba when he'd wanted it would have been at a substantial profit. Compared to any of his predecessors I think he did pretty well.

·
Banned
18,345 Posts
Scrappy win but I'll take it. City will surely win the league though given United have no chance of taking anything from them. Leicester or bust.

·
SMILEY GOD
17,016 Posts
In all fairness United's scouting system is absolute garbage regardless of manager. Ibrahimovic was the best signing United made since De Gea, Matic has been one of the better signings, if United has sold Pogba when he'd wanted it would have been at a substantial profit. Compared to any of his predecessors I think he did pretty well.
Ibra was signed at the expense of Martial's development (took his spot and shirt number), the team then played for/through him and finished 6th, then he was done after that season. The team actually played better without him after his injury, as he wasn't there slowing down the attack (see the final games of the Europa League run). He obviously did look a lot better than Lukaku has (another terrible signing), but that's because he's a complete donkey and a mid-table penalty box merchant, like Darren Bent was.

If you want to argue a one season wonder can be the best signing since DDG then there's absolutely no argument at all for putting Ibra ahead of Van Persie.

Matic has been absolutely terrible after about the first 3 months. His legs have long gone now.

Pogba has been a calamity signing at that price, and doesn't even want to be there. Apart from a 10 game spurt post Jose sacking and banging in a few penalties he hasn't done much at all besides sulk about the pitch and develop "brand pogba" :pogba2

Bailly, Mkhitarayan, Sanchez, Fred all massive expensive flops, Dalot might turn out to be as well on recent evidence.

Most of that 350 million+ spent was spunked up the wall the only saving graces being Lindelof, Lukaku's 15 goals a season against shite teams, and Pogba's (potential) resale value to Real Madrid. That doesn't even include the colossal amounts wasted on a washed Alexis Sanchez, which has the added side-effect of an imbalanced wage structure and other big stars now demanding pay increases.

·
Premium Member
161 Posts
Ibra was signed at the expense of Martial's development (took his spot and shirt number), the team then played for/through him and finished 6th, then he was done after that season. The team actually played better without him after his injury, as he wasn't there slowing down the attack (see the final games of the Europa League run). He obviously did look a lot better than Lukaku has (another terrible signing), but that's because he's a complete donkey and a mid-table penalty box merchant, like Darren Bent was.

If you want to argue a one season wonder can be the best signing since DDG then there's absolutely no argument at all for putting Ibra ahead of Van Persie.

Matic has been absolutely terrible after about the first 3 months. His legs have long gone now.

Pogba has been a calamity signing at that price, and doesn't even want to be there. Apart from a 10 game spurt post Jose sacking and banging in a few penalties he hasn't done much at all besides sulk about the pitch and develop "brand pogba" :pogba2

Bailly, Mkhitarayan, Sanchez, Fred all massive expensive flops, Dalot might turn out to be as well on recent evidence.

Most of that 350 million+ spent was spunked up the wall the only saving graces being Lindelof, Lukaku's 15 goals a season against shite teams, and Pogba's (potential) resale value to Real Madrid. That doesn't even include the colossal amounts wasted on a washed Alexis Sanchez, which has the added side-effect of an imbalanced wage structure and other big stars now demanding pay increases.
Tell us more

:banderas

·
Aggressively White
6,236 Posts
Lindelof only been playing well for a couple of months, which I’m not sure is long enough to even call him a saving grace. He hasn’t done what Alderweireld, Van Dijk or Laporte have done.

·
hello
19,578 Posts
Lindelof was absolute poo when he first arrived, he's had a good period since around November and most of that was alongside Calamity Jones. we should've signed Laporte years ago and I was begging Jose to do so but he went and got the AFRICAN JONES in Bailly instead :lol

Seb is correct on everything, and it's rare I'll say that. big changes needed in the summer

·
SMILEY GOD
17,016 Posts
Those saving graces were admittedly fairly generous but I do rate Lindelof. Improved a lot under Ole.

I remember you clamouring after Laporte for 3 or 4 years Reny, must've been gut wrenching to see him end up at City and do so well :lol

Bailly was a strange signing, he wasn't even the best CB in that Villarreal team, although I have no idea how Mateo Musacchio has done at Milan.

·
14,521 Posts
I think Bailly had good attributes to be a success over here. The problem is he needed someone more experienced next to him to help bring on his game and iron out his rash nature. He looks a lost cause now though.

#SarriOut.

·
hello
19,578 Posts
Those saving graces were admittedly fairly generous but I do rate Lindelof. Improved a lot under Ole.

I remember you clamouring after Laporte for 3 or 4 years Reny, must've been gut wrenching to see him end up at City and do so well :lol

Bailly was a strange signing, he wasn't even the best CB in that Villarreal team, although I have no idea how Mateo Musacchio has done at Milan.
Laporte was perfect for what we needed back in 2014 onwards. Left footed CB who's excellent on the ball and all round solid defensively, decent enough pace and aerial ability. Indeed it does hurt to see him in the other Manchester side, doing so well and enjoying success

Musacchio seemed a good fit at Milan but when they had Bonucci he was stuck behind him and Romagnoli and his form has suffered a bit. if he can build a solid partnership with Rom I think he'll come good there, no idea with Milan though they're unpredictable and could sign and sell 3 CB's again next season

981 - 1000 of 1129 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.