Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
I DIDN"T ASK FOR THIS
13,358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
http://www.lordsofpain.net/news/wwe/WWE_Royal_Rumble_PPV_Buys_Revealed_for_This_Year.html

- New Key Performance Indicators released by WWE last Thursday has preliminary pay-per-view buys for the 2015 Royal Rumble pay-per-view - 49,000 domestic buys and 92,000 international buys.

The 141,000 buys for this year's Royal Rumble is down from 467,000 buys that the 2014 Rumble drew. It should be noted that the WWE Network had not launched yet when last year's Rumble happened.
SummerSlam 2014 had 169,000 so since WM XXX that PPV so far in the Network era has the most PPV buys since Mania obviously (final RR buys might beat the final Slam numbers

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
Royal Rumble 2013(Rock)= 580k buys(highest of last 12 years)

Royal Rumble 2014= 467k buys

Royal Rumble 2015= 141k buys

How the mighty have fallen? Why Vince why?:(

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Clearly the mightly have fallen due to the WWE Network.

Of course I have no idea how the profit margin works. When it airs on their own network and not on a PPV the WWE may make more money of Network subscribers watching it even if it is cheaper.

Plus if you cound the near one million that apparently subscribed to the Network by that time more people probably watched it than watch the Rumble last year. All be it most paid a lot less.

This really isn't a surprise. The network was expected to drastically drop PPV buy rates. Despite some claims to the contrary on here, most were not going to pay 40 bucks for something they could get for 9.99. WWE knew this. Clearly they think the Network is the better investment. No idea if it is, sure doesn't seem to be now but WWE was obviously in it for the long haul for better or worse.

Not defending the network, just not sure why people are acting surprised that they didn't sell as many PPV buys when WWE has spent all their time promoting a cheaper alternative and all but telling people, even when they buy the PPV's "don't waste your money ordering from cable... subscribe to the network." (The PPV companies must love them for that).

So this is not some big revelation. It drew more than Summer Slam so highly doubt WWE is seeing it as "low numbers" since they would be idiots to think it was going to draw half a million PPV buys now.

·
Registered
5,196 Posts
Who cares about the lack of Rumble buys when you have a totally non-kayfabed worked number of over 1 million subscribers to the WWE Network, which you don't really have to pay wrestlers the same for?

·
The Blue Meanie
15,837 Posts
I would assume most of those lost PPV buyers just watched it on the network. I know I'm never again paying $40-60 for a WWE PPV. I do feel bad for the wrestlers who have part of their income cut. I think Punk mentioned this as one of his frustrations.

·
Registered
8,500 Posts
I would assume most of those lost PPV buyers just watched it on the network. I know I'm never again paying $40-60 for a WWE PPV. I do feel bad for the wrestlers who have part of their income cut. I think Punk mentioned this as one of his frustrations.

:punk2 :punk2 :HHH2

1 - 12 of 12 Posts