Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,646 Posts
Preliminary creative plans for 2011 include John Cena facing Wade Barrett at the Royal Rumble as well as Barrett facing The Undertaker at WrestleMania XXVII.

Based on WWE's reported plans, it would suggest Barrett wins the WWE Championship at Survivor Series and subsequently loses the belt to Cena at the Royal Rumble, likely setting up Cena vs. Orton for the strap at WrestleMania XXVII.

Undertaker, however, is in desperate need of shoulder surgery, and there is much concern internally that if he gets it, he won't be healthy in time for WrestleMania XXVII.
I don't wanna see Cena vs Orton, if we are gonna go through with this youth movement then Barrett or Miz needs to main event. The Undertaker situation is a tricky one because he needs to get to 20 - 0 somehow.

Lords of pain have also forgotten about Mr MITB surely he won't still have the case past wrestlemania

·
I like me
407 Posts
BI Bhought Bohn Bena Band Bandy Brton Bad Binished Bheir Beud!?

·
There is no duty we so much underrate as... being
19,076 Posts
Nothing we couldn't have surmised on our own. It's going to be a combination of Cena/Orton/Barrett/Undertaker, with Triple H and The Miz as likely supporting players (at least) in certain "main events."

It really is that time of year again, huh?

Personally, I could see Barrett taking the strap at Survivor Series, Orton getting a doomed rematch at TLC, Cena vs. Barrett at The Royal Rumble or possibly Barrett taking the championship into Elimination Chamber, whereat he drops it (to either Orton or Cena), Miz cashes in there, we get Orton vs. Miz since it's been rumored, while Cena and Barrett blow their saga off at Wrestlemania.

Not sure where that leaves Taker, since Nexus burying Taker would logically lead to Taker vs. Barrett, probably at Wrestlemania.

Meanwhile, Triple H returns either at Survivor Series or TLC, continues his feud with Sheamus... Not sure where either one of them go from there. There has been a proposed Triple H/Barrett match.

I think there are persuasive arguments both for and against another Orton vs. Cena match at Wrestlemania. On the negative side, it feels like they've whored that match out too much recently. On the other hand, Vince just loves his two Mega Powers exploding and it would fit his M.O.

Too bad creative is held hostage--once again--to Taker's health. That said, I'm fairly sure Taker will come back for Wrestlemania, even if he doesn't wrestle a single match between Bragging Rights and Wrestlemania XXVII and just does promos leading into it.

None of this even touches on the World Heavyweight Championship picture over on Smackdown, which seems to be possibly posited around a foursome of Kane/Edge/Alberto Del Rio/Rey Mysterio. Kofi Kingston possibly remains an outlier.

In any case, I agree that the Youth Movement has to be represented in at least a couple of these "main event" matches they're building to.

·
Registered
417 Posts
The banged up state of Taker and now another surgery the chance are this could well be his last.........even if he fights on after Mania, chance are he wont make to the next one.

Does the WWE really want Wade Barrett to be his final Mania opponent??

Surely if it's going to be his last Mania they should pull out all the stop and go for a huge, accomplished star....

Somebody who has a history with The Undertaker. Like Edge, or Kane. I can see why this would happen after Bragging Rights, but if Taker is really on his last legs, then surely they should pull out all the stops and give him a proper send off, and not a match against a guy who a year ago wasn't even at Mania.

That said, if they do go with somebody new who Taker hasn't faced at Mania....Sting? (would be epic! for both of them to have last appearence against each other at Mania but wont happen)
Cena?
Orton (cant remember if that happened at Mania or not).
Triple H?
Jericho?

They wont end the streak, so a Wade Barrett match wont really be remembered as much as a bigger drawing match. Barrett as much as he is great and one of the top heels is still a relativily unknown in the long run of things.

·
19,076 Posts
Haha, just thinking about how compressed they're getting with the story arc for the WWE Championship, I can see Undertaker returning either at Royal Rumble or Elimination Chamber to cost Wade Barrett the WWE Championship to... Let's say, Randy Orton... Taker beats Barrett from one side of the arena to the other... Two minutes later, The Miz comes out and cashes in on Orton.

This is the kind of pickle they're getting into, haha. That'd be kind of crazy cool. (Not sure where that leaves Cena, either.)

·
Registered
7,252 Posts
taker was the best worker on the WM26 card by about a country mile and he could barely walk for the months leading in so i doubt his health will stop him from working 27. i dont have a big problem with cena/orton although there are about 10 other title matches i would prefer over it and i would prefer cena working taker at mania also.

·
Michael Cole is NXT
1,049 Posts
Oh looks it's this time of year again.

LordsOfPain have NEVER been reliable, they just look at current storylines and assume where they will end up based on foreshadowing done by WWE and call it "inside sources".

·
Registered
417 Posts
I just read the same report on Wrestlezone.com so it must be bull! lol

·
19,076 Posts
Any smart mark could be sitting on their couch or laying in their bed going to sleep predicting or thinking the same exact likely scenarios. Just the other day I thought they'd probably go with Cena vs. Barrett at the Rumble with Taker vs. Barrett at Wrestlemania. Why? Well, because I'm psychic and I can read Vince McMahon's thoughts. Because God knows there are no signs that this may be the case based on the, y'know, product, or anything.

·
Banned
7,761 Posts
I hope to God this means The Miz is cashing in on John Cena @ WrestleMania and walking out the WWE Champion. I'm sorry, but I just can't see Miz waiting untill next year's Extreme Rules, Over the Limit, or Fatal 4 Way to cash in.

If he cashed it in @ Mania, this would make The Miz's MITB reign as long as Edge's, and I don't know if I have the patience to wait any longer after that.

·
Banned
10,897 Posts
Undertaker will face Triple H, I'll call it right now. Cena will face Barrett in a grudge match to "end Nexus" for good, and Orton will probably challenge Miz for the title after he cashes in at the Rumble or Chamber.

As for the World title, well, um, I could see Edge vs Christian being the match, with Christian having won the Rumble

·
Registered
3,288 Posts
Oh great more Orton vs. Cena fpalm If it's true than a Cena Heel Turn seems likely.

I hope Barrett walks in as champion and losing to The Undertaker is no shame since he can have a good match with almost everybody.

Good thing Cena won't face Taker.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts