Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
5,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just my opinion but I prefer CM Punks old theme (Killswitch Engage-This Fire) much more than his new one.

I do like the new one but just no where near as much as the old one.

I can see the reasoning behind them changing his theme, as he has had it for quite some time, Nexus also used it and they have now disbanded and obviously this was the start of a new era for Punk.

Also the last time he had that as his theme was in Chicago when he won the title.
And they new that he would be coming out a lot more , sometimes 3/4 times in a show and his older theme would have been impractical.

But his older theme when the lights dimed and and then the lights went crazy and the sliding guitar scratch kicks in got everyone going crazy.

Hairs on the back of your neck kind of stuff.

The new song as good as it is starts well dies of immediately after the first little section.

·
Sheriff of Piltover
2,880 Posts
I was just telling my girlfriend last night that I miss his old theme, I am a huge killswitch engage fan though :\ I was @ MITB and I freaked the fuck out when his music hit.

Cult of personality is too mainstream for CM Punk imo.

·
Registered
5,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ELECTRIC

·
Registered
104 Posts
I prefer Cult of Personality as a song but it cant compare to the start of This Fire Burns. They both get me pumped but This Fire Burns got me hyped like no song before.

·
#WoodwardOut #LUHG
15,077 Posts
The lead singer of Living Colour is a horrible vocalist.

Terrible Band, horrible drums on the song and it doesn't get you pumped up.

·
Registered
373 Posts
I've just listened to his old theme so I can join in this thread. It's really good, I can see why you guys prefer it. For me, I've had Cult of Personality in my music ever since I played 'Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas' and heard it for the first time. The song hits me on so many levels, from music to vocals to the lyrics and meaning behind them.

granted, CliffyByro, it may be a technically bad song, I personally don't analyse art in technicalities or any kind of consistencies(that's for scientific things,) but for me, everything about the song comes together to make a piece of art that I have listened to sooo many times. When I heard that song hit - that Raw when CM Punk came back - I wondered out loud, "Who the hell has that classic tune as their music." And when he came out, I popped hard. It made me like the guy even more. Now when I listen to that song, I think of CM Punk making an entrance too, which just makes the vibe I get from listening to it even better than it was before.

So yeah, as much as I like his old theme, I have to go with new-hotness.

·
8,587 Posts
yea, cult definately doesn't compare to his old theme. it seems more like a group theme to me, which i still think that's where they're going with the angle. with colt cabana, domino, and the caucasion king of africa festus all coming out to that theme.

·
Banned
9,205 Posts
I'm torn. I really like both songs and COP has a soft spot in my heart because of San Andreas and I think of Austin's HOF video whenever I hear it, but when I hear his old theme i think of his epic entrance at MITB and get goosebumps. COP sounds like the theme of a bigger star, but I really don't know.

·
#FunFact™
7,513 Posts
I've just listened to his old theme so I can join in this thread. It's really good, I can see why you guys prefer it.
You must have just started watching wrestling or haven't watched it since 2005 if you haven't heard CM Punk coming out to This Fire Burns. Wow.

I personally prefer Cult of Personality because I don't like screamo and metal songs and bands like Killswitch Engaged. Just personal preference.

·
Registered
446 Posts
I miss it too...can't get into Cult of Personality. It gets stuck in my head but I don't like it.

I don't like Killswitch Engage at all but it fit Punk better.

·
Registered
373 Posts
You must have just started watching wrestling or haven't watched it since 2005 if you haven't heard CM Punk coming out to This Fire Burns. Wow.

I personally prefer Cult of Personality because I don't like screamo and metal songs and bands like Killswitch Engaged. Just personal preference.
Yup. Started watching again MITB 2011 after seeing CM Punks Mid-June Shoot Promo on a youtube embed on some other website. Gotta say it feels good to be back.

Yeah I must have heard his old theme at MITB but I couldn't remember it

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
This Fire Burns was a good entrance song, because it was easy to get a loud pop from the beginning of the song. Cult of Personality needs something more than just static and a slow guitar riff. SCSA had the broken glass, Rock had "IF YA SMEEELLLLLLLL"
Cult of Personality doesn't suit him, especially that he's straight edge, he needs something more hardcore

·
Registered
228 Posts
nahhh hes new theme is tops it really suits him is old one was getting real stale like cenas time is now... hes times been now for like 7 years haha

·
Registered
621 Posts
The new one is so much better, it fits everything he did in his career as a heel, and fits him as a tweener, I love Killswitch, but this fits so much better for punk IMO!

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
*TALALALALALALAA* (IT'S CLOBERRING TIME!) *BIG POPS* *EVEN THROUGH DARKEST DAYS ...*

1 - 20 of 38 Posts