• Hardy

Votes: 2 3.0%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who will win at Victory Road? Lets hear some actual scenarios and reasons why you think that guy will win rather than just posting who you think the winner will be.

Heres my prediction: Samoa Joe will interfere and help Abyss win the belt.

Reason: Its no secret that TNA wanted Heyman at this ppv...so the booking plans most likely called for this to be the moment the ECW angle officially begins. Even without Heyman, this could still go down though. I think there was a little trickery going on last Impact when the ECW guys came down to watch RVD vs Joe. The announcers played up their link to RVD, which tells me one thing...they were actually there to watch Joe. This would also explain the kidnapping angle. The following ppv would then be Abyss vs RVD, with the underlying theme being RVD against his old crew. Hardy and Anderson would be among those feuding with the likes of Joe, Rhyno, Raven, etc. Whether you like the angle or not, i think it would give the show a defined direction.

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
I hate to be this guy, but we might of seen TNA's ceiling of successful booking this year if this is the road there going down. I have a feeling the ECW guys will help RVD retain, but I've just been through these kind of angles so many times the past 20 years.

Anderson will mistakenly knock Hardy out somewhere in the match, or he will break the count just before Hardy wins. Causing stress between the two, next thing you know there slugging it out in the audience, Abyss going at it with RVD in the ring. The ECW guys hit the ring, beat the shit out of Abyss and RVD finishes the match with a Van Terminator. The Orlando Crowd precedes to do there knock off ECW chants fallowed by Tenay saying he's sick to his stomach etc...

·
Premium Member
10,516 Posts
All the signs point to Abyss in my opinion. He's go the most build out of all of them. RVD and Hardy are in the ring. Hardy's about to pin RVD when Anderson hits the ring and hits Jeff Hardy with a steel chair. Then Abyss comes in, black hole slams Anderson and pins him to become the new tna champion.

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
RVD hasn't really had the chance to even retain his belt against anybody. I mean, his reign has been anything from spectacular and in some weeks, I've even forgot about him being champ. He should hold the belt throughout the summer and have more note-worthy matches in other upcomming events. I see ongoing storylines coming from different angles ("they" "ECW" Anderson/Hardy-etc) during the title match, with RVD retaining as your World Champion come Sunday.

·
Registered
849 Posts
I hate to be this guy, but we might of seen TNA's ceiling of successful booking this year if this is the road there going down. I have a feeling the ECW guys will help RVD retain, but I've just been through these kind of angles so many times the past 20 years.

Anderson will mistakenly knock Hardy out somewhere in the match, or he will break the count just before Hardy wins. Causing stress between the two, next thing you know there slugging it out in the audience, Abyss going at it with RVD in the ring. The ECW guys hit the ring, beat the shit out of Abyss and RVD finishes the match with a Van Terminator. The Orlando Crowd precedes to do there knock off ECW chants fallowed by Tenay saying he's sick to his stomach etc...

Throw a little Tazmission on Tenay after his line and we are all set.

·
Registered
932 Posts
I think Abyss should win, it will help us forget about Abyssamania if we have a nut job as a champion.

Anderson to turn heel/tweener
Hardy to get taken out by Anderson
RVD to take the pin
ECW/Them (if they are infact the same stroyline) needs to have the trigger pulled at this PPV
Joe to make his relevance known in all of this

PPV to end with Hogan + Bischoff getting the shit kicked out of him.

·
Banned
2,631 Posts
I think Abyss should win, it will help us forget about Abyssamania if we have a nut job as a champion.

RVD to take the pin
ECW/Them (if they are infact the same stroyline) needs to have the trigger pulled at this PPV

Abyss still acts the same so nobody is gonna forget. The only good thing is to keep him as far away from the belt as possible.

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

RVD to take the pin

I like this. I, for one, would like Anderson to actually act like an asshole rather than just saying he's one.

·
Sly as a fox, ferocious as a lion
3,031 Posts

RVD to take the pin

Agree with Ash here. It would make a lot more sense...

It's time for "Them" to make their move. Don't want to drag the angle on too long like the "Nexus"...

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
If the "they" faction is ECW, then if they make their move Sunday then it'll only make sense for RVD to retain the title and give the ECW faction the power and hold the World title. So if the ECW was to strike, then RVD would make the most sense since RVD was and is ECW.

·
Registered
932 Posts
If the "they" faction is ECW, then if they make their move Sunday then it'll only make sense for RVD to retain the title and give the ECW faction the power and hold the World title. So if the ECW was to strike, then RVD would make the most sense since RVD was and is ECW.
well im hoping that they throw a bit of a "this isn't the ECW invasion angle all over again". RVD will be left out of the faction for being to chummy with Hogan as will Taz (hence the Abyss stare down to Taz a few weeks ago). Also to make it not just about the old ECW guys Joe and Abyss have been recruited as they capture the essence of extreme whereas Taz and RVD have gone soft or at least aligned them selves with Hogan.

I know the whole Taz turning on ECW/Heyman has been done before but RVD being left out of the ECW faction...well then things could get interesting.

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
well im hoping that they throw a bit of a "this isn't the ECW invasion angle all over again". RVD will be left out of the faction for being to chummy with Hogan as will Taz (hence the Abyss stare down to Taz a few weeks ago). Also to make it not just about the old ECW guys Joe and Abyss have been recruited as they capture the essence of extreme whereas Taz and RVD have gone soft or at least aligned them selves with Hogan.

I know the whole Taz turning on ECW/Heyman has been done before but RVD being left out of the ECW faction...well then things could get interesting.
Nice assumption. That actually makes a ton of sense and would be damn good. Lets hope the creative team has their wheels turnin. +1.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Abyss to win helped by them/ECW, wouldn't mind this as it would be different as long as TNA do it well. Anderson should definitely turn on Hardy too and I hope Joe is involved somewhere as he is one of favs right now.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts