Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
None. More. Hated.
5,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saw this idea on reddit. Lets predict who's gonna win the big tournaments and be in the Dominion Main event in 2020.

NJC : Sanada. Seems like his time and creates an intriguing situation with Naito.

BOSJ: Im gonna go with ELP here.

Dominion main event: This is tough for me, as I think they would wanna run Naito vs. Tanahashi at some point and this would be the place, although I have White vs. Okada as the WK 15 ME. So White either beats Naito here, or at KOPW.

G1: Okada to set up Okada vs. White.

·
Registered
22,860 Posts
*NJPW will re-establish a strong partnership with ROH as we've seen the beginning stages of.
*There will be no AEW/NJPW relationship.
*Brodie Lee/Luke Harper debuts in NJPW.
*Ospreay wins the NJ Cup, loses to Naito at Sakura Genesis.
*Naito defends both titles in separate matches at Dominion, loses one of them.
*Shingo will eventually win the Never Openweight Championship.
*We will see more of a Stardom presence on NJPW eventually.
*Sanada will win his 1st singles title in NJPW.
*Okada will win the G1, defeating Ospreay in the Finals.
*Ishii & Goto will win the Tag Team Titles.
*Mox will eventually come to NJPW holding both the IWGP US & AEW World Titles.

·
Registered
469 Posts
New Japan Cup - SANADA 60%, Osprey 30%, someone else 10% (Archer, Shingo, KENTA)
BOSJ - Ishimori 50%, El Phantasmo 30%, someone else 20% (Hiromu, Shingo or Osprey if they do both HW and JHW)
Jr. Tag League - ELP/Ishimori 50%, Osprey/Eagles 30%, someone else 20% (SHO/YOH, Kanemaru/Despy)
G1 - White 30%, Okada 25%, Naito 20%, KENTA 10%, Ibushi 10%, someone else 5% (Osprey, Suzuki, SANADA, Shingo)
World Tag League - Guerillas 40%, EVIL/Shingo 30%, Goto/Ishii 20%, someone else 10% (Yano/Cabana, Finlay/Robinson, ZSJ/Taichi)

·
Registered
2,453 Posts
Sanada wins NJ Cup
ELP wins BOSJ
White wins G1

I think that we'll have Okada/Jericho II with "loser leaves town" and this will end Jericho's run in NJPW. I'd do it on Dontaku tour that would leado into Naito/Okada at Dominion.

·
Used to be a Dreamer, Dreamin' of a Fire
6,144 Posts
NJC : Ospreay 60% Sanada 30% Suzuki 10%

BOSJ: Will Ospreay or Taiji Ishimori

Dominion main event: Naito vs Ibushi or Naito vs Okada or Naito vs Jericho for the double belts

G1: I'd say Jay White but I feel like they'd want to maximize his first G1 win and Dome main event feud with a really hot, personal, intense rivalry and I don't see him at that level with anyone yet. Yes he's a nemesis of Okada and Naito but so far those feel more business and less personal. Still hard to bet against White though. But it will be Okada after all

General predictions: I think they might do the inverse of the double gold dash this year with Naito walking in still holding both belts and having a match on both night 1 and night 2

Brodie Lee will be the IWGP US Champion

There will an AEW/NJPW crossover announcement

SANADA will have a "breakout year" but challenge for nothing important and still be a tag wrestler at Wrestle Kingdom

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
NJC: Sanada wins

Sakura Genesis: Naito vs Sanada, Naito retains

Dontaku: Naito vs Okada, Naito (shockingly) retains

BOSJ: ELP wins

Dominion: Naito vs Tanahashi, Naito retains

G1: Moxley wins, defeating White in the finals

Mid-Late October: NJPW will send someone over to AEW to explore the viability of doing a major joint show with them the following year and even licensing NJPW for use in the AEW video game. Tanahashi, Okada, Ibushi, and Ospreay will make the short list for that particular excursion.

November PPV: Naito vs Suzuki, Naito retains

November PPV: Moxley successfully defends G1 briefcase against Ibushi; Jericho vs Ibushi is set up for WK15 by the end of the year

World Tag League: Tanahashi & Okada win

·
None. More. Hated.
5,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
NJC : Ospreay 60% Sanada 30% Suzuki 10%

BOSJ: Will Ospreay or Taiji Ishimori

Dominion main event: Naito vs Ibushi or Naito vs Okada or Naito vs Jericho for the double belts

G1: I'd say Jay White but I feel like they'd want to maximize his first G1 win and Dome main event feud with a really hot, personal, intense rivalry and I don't see him at that level with anyone yet. Yes he's a nemesis of Okada and Naito but so far those feel more business and less personal. Still hard to bet against White though. But it will be Okada after all

General predictions: I think they might do the inverse of the double gold dash this year with Naito walking in still holding both belts and having a match on both night 1 and night 2

Brodie Lee will be the IWGP US Champion

There will an AEW/NJPW crossover announcement

SANADA will have a "breakout year" but challenge for nothing important and still be a tag wrestler at Wrestle Kingdom
Theyve protected Okada vs. White since MSG, and they have a lot of history. I dont see Naito making it to WK 15 with the belt. I think this was more of a case of at this point they kinda had to put it on him and pay all these years of waiting off. I think Okada and White are their two golden boys for the next decade, with Ibushi and maybe Ospreay cycling in and out.

·
Registered
6,661 Posts
They've protected Okada vs. White, Okada vs. Jericho and Naito vs. Ibushi as their major matches. I'm pretty sure one of those will be headlining the Tokyo Dome.

·
A Lord of Cinder
1,409 Posts
NJC - SANADA or Osprey

BOTSJ - Ryu Lee

Dominion ME - Naito (c) vs Tanahashi

G1 (in the fall) - Okada or White

KOPW ME - Naito (c) vs Okada or White (depends on G1 winner)

Jr. Tag League - A bran new Jr tag team we have not seen yet.

WTL - Guerrillas of Destiny

WK 15 ME - Okada v White

Personal Notes:
I would love it if NJPW kept Okada away from the Heavyweight title for at least a year if not longer. Naito can lose it to Ibushi for all I care, then Ibushi to White, or whatever, but keep Okada from regaining that title until WK 16. The money is in the chase, always. Have Okada go for the IC title. Have him learn to see it as an important belt. Something different, please.

Also, I hope Naito is a successful champion and no bleh like Omega's reign turned out to be.

Lastly, Jay White should have a nice run with the title before Okada regains it. it would add drama to their eventual WK title match.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts