Wrestling Forum banner

Predict the TakeOver: Tampa card

567 Views 4 Replies 5 Participants Last post by  MrJamesJepsan
NXT Championship: Adam Cole (c) vs. Velveteen Dream.

I know a lot of people are saying Balor, but that doesn't make a whole lot of sense. First of all, Balor is a heel. Second, Cole probably drops the title here, and having Balor end such a long reign feels more like a regression than anything else. Meanwhile, Dream has already been involved with the Era going back to September and will get more so. He's the right man at the right time. He's more than ready, and if you want to take full advantage of his potential, you have him be the one to end Cole's reign. I really can't see this happening any other way.

NXT North American Championship: Keith Lee (c) vs. Finn Balor

This is the Balor match I can actually see happening. He has all the momentum but needs a babyface to feud with.

Johnny Gargano vs. Tommaso Ciampa - Hell in a Cell

Why, oh why did this have to happen again? -_- Either way, Hell in a Cell is the only setting that makes sense with these two at this point. Anything else feels like it's just another repetitive match between them. Hopefully they add the stipulation that the loser leaves NXT as well, because these two have to get away from each other for a long time. This is basically what I thought would happen last year, just no title on the line.

We know there will be no women's title match and I can't really put my finger on any other likely matches yet. What do you think will happen?
See less
NXT Championship: Adam Cole (c) vs. Velveteen Dream.

I know a lot of people are saying Balor, but that doesn't make a whole lot of sense. First of all, Balor is a heel. Second, Cole probably drops the title here, and having Balor end such a long reign feels more like a regression than anything else. Meanwhile, Dream has already been involved with the Era going back to September and will get more so. He's the right man at the right time. He's more than ready, and if you want to take...
See more
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
30,025 Posts
I think Cole defends against either Dream or Lee in a Double Title Match. Also, he could easily defend against Gargano and Ciampa in a 3 Way.

So you could get 2 or 3 matches out of Cole, Ciampa, Gargano, Balor, Dream, and Lee. From there add Tegan vs. Dakota in another gimmick match, a CW Match, and a tag title match. And maybe an NXT UK title match depending on how the card shapes out.

· Registered
9,598 Posts
NXT World Title and NA Champion vs Champion Title Match
Adam Cole (c) vs Keith Lee (c)

Tag Team Title Match:
Broserweights (c) vs Undisputed Era

I Quit Match:
Velveteen Dream vs Roderick Strong

Handicap Match:
DIY vs The OC

2 out 3 Falls Match:
Dakota Kai vs Tegan Nox

Cruiserweight Title Match:
Jordan Devlin (c) vs Lio Rush

· Registered
1,596 Posts
My NXT Takeover Tampa Bay prediction match card

1. Main Event
Johnny Gargano vs. Tommaso Ciampa (Hell In A Cell) Loser Leaves NXT

2. NXT Championship
Adam Cole vs. Velveteen Dream

3. NXT Tag Team Championships
Broserweights vs. Undisputed Era vs. Grizzled Young Veterans

4. North American Championship
Keith Lee vs. Finn Balor

5. Last Woman Standing
Tegan Nox vs. Dakota Kai (with Reina aka Raquel Gonzalez)

6. NXT Cruiserweight Championship
Jordan Devlin vs. Lio Rush or Isiah Swerve Scott

· Registered
8,108 Posts
NXT Title:
Adam Cole(c) vs Tommaso Ciampa vs Johnny Gargano vs Finn Balor

Steel Cage Match
Dakota Kai vs Tegan Nox

NA Title:
Keith Lee(c) vs Velveteen Dream vs Roderick Strong

WWE UK Title:
WALTER(c) vs Ilja Dragunov

WWE Women's Tag:
Charlotte Flair & Rhea Ripley(c) vs Kairi Sane & Io Shirai (w/ Asuka)

NXT Tag Tem:
BroserWeights(c) vs The Undisputed Era

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.