Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
3,482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i think the Orton vs Miz match will be a total suck fest , and the match between Ziggler and Edge, can be well done because ziggler is a great worker . but i dont want to get my hopes up high so i will say it will be a decent match .

then we have the 40 man rumble, where i still hve the slightest clue who will win and thwe only way i can say it will be a good quality match if there is great ending to it.

So what are ur guys predictions on the quality of the matches , i am not counting the divas one .

·
Registered
8,227 Posts
WWE Championship - crap
World Heavyweight Championship - crap
Divas Championship - crap
Royal Rumble - crap

Not really, I'm just reflecting the mentality of so many members who hate on everything.

But the divas match will be crap for sure.

·
Asuka
^Take this off
96,574 Posts
The diva and WWE title matches will be crap, the WHC match should be at least good, though.

As far as the Rumble, I can't even JUDGE Rumble match quality. There's so much shit going on at the same time I can't keep my concentration on everybody to properly critique it, so it doesn't even matter. A Rumble is a Rumble, all I care about is who's next and who wins.

·
FOTC
11,492 Posts
Is it too much to ask to have Miz defeat Orton without interference from the outside. Obviously Miz won't beat Orton clean, but I'd like to see Miz win with some quick roll up pin.

·
Registered
107 Posts
The Rumble match should be fun with a couple of returns.
The WWE title match will likely be mediocre.
The Divas title match will hopefully be short and include the debut of Kong.
The WHC match should be good.

I imagine there will be a fair number of segments and a couple of unannounced matches as well.

·
Banned
5,663 Posts
The WHC championship match will be good.

The Divas title match will be good if WWE wants it to be.

I would rather shove my head in a bucket of shit rather than watch another Orton/Miz match for the WWE title.

The rumble match will be great, because it always is, this year's will be especially good because John Morrison could be in the ring for an entire hour, that's gonna fucking blow my mind I might have a heart attack while watching it it's gonna be so epic.

I'm exaggerating slightly here just in case anybody gets confused.

·
There is no duty we so much underrate as... being
19,156 Posts
Ziggler/Edge should be strong considering their Smackdown match back in October was excellent. It could be hurt by the silly "no Spear" stip, though.

Orton/Miz will be better than many think. Their Smackdown match about a month ago was just fine. They developed a pretty decent chemistry with each other in that one, and they've had a month to get better with each other. You can't judge two wrestlers' chemistry with each other based on a 3-1/2 minute MITB cash-in or a dumb Tables Match.

Divas match will be okay, possibly good. The Divas match at the last PPV got good reviews, this one could, too.

The 'Rumble... who knows? The Royal Rumble match depends on how it's booked, simple as that. It's why there's such a drastic waxes and wanes in the quality of a given 'Rumble match, year-to-year. Look at 2009 compared to 2010. I'd put the 2009 Royal Rumble match on to get a good night's sleep, but the 2010 Royal Rumble match was expertly-booked, practically to near-perfection for a match of its kind. Just for one example.

But I guess this post is way too positive... IT WILL ALL SUCK!!! :)

·
Registered
573 Posts
I honestly can't see how anybody can possibly think that Orton/Miz will be good. Both of these men basically have to be carried through every match they're in, or a spotfest match like the Miz/Lawler ladder match. The only quality match Miz put up all of last year was his match with DBD, and to no suprise, it was carried by DBD and the triple threat the next month with Morrison which was a spotfest match carried by DBD and JoMo. I can't even remember the last time Orton put a good match.

Ziggler/Edge will be decent, but not great. Ziggler will have to carry this match. Edge hasn't done anything decent since his injury. His match with Jericho at wrestlemania and Extreme Rules are beyond overrated by the IWC.

The divas match will be good IF Kong debuts. I just hope the crowd is not dead as fuck, but I already know that will be the case whenever she debuts. Most people will be taking a piss or at the concession stand beofre the RR match

Last year Rumble was boring as fuck, mostly because there was not more than 10 people in at the same time. I think the most at one point was about 5 - 7. This year's RR should be good because of Corre/Nexus. Which I gurantee will be the last 8 - 10 in the ring with John Cena also. Look for Barrett or Punk win this years RR. Also, I could see the Bella's screwing over DBD. Just so they can have some sort of women's spot like last year.

·
The Winds of Change
5,627 Posts
As far as the Rumble match itself is concerned, I hope it doesn't get too jumbled up with the addition of 10 more guys. The entrance timer has been reduced down to 60 seconds from 90 seconds so we will see...

·
Registered
3,482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
are there really only 4 matches on the card? i know the rumble takes about an hour but 3 matches in two hours?

im not even sure the tag tittles will get defended there to be honest . i completely forgot bout it, and so it seems most did here too, that just shows how much the division has gone down the drain.

·
19,156 Posts
As far as the Rumble match itself is concerned, I hope it doesn't get too jumbled up with the addition of 10 more guys. The entrance timer has been reduced down to 60 seconds from 90 seconds so we will see...
Really? I hadn't heard that before. Shit, that's not good.

·
Banned
5,663 Posts
i just wanna know which match will open? None of these matches could possibly open
I think they'll go with the WHC match first, then they can have the whole bakstage thing with Dolph and Vickie when he loses which will probably culminate in him being entered highly in the rumble match itself.

·
19,156 Posts
i just wanna know which match will open? None of these matches could possibly open
I keep thinking they'll have an impromptu Intercontinental Championship match with Swagger and Kofi, even though Swagger's name has been added to the list of superstars in the 'Rumble match. But I imagine several guys will do some "double dipping" at this year's 'Rumble. Probably Swagger, Kofi and Ziggler, maybe somebody else.

·
Valar Morghulis
7,600 Posts
The 'Rumble... who knows? The Royal Rumble match depends on how it's booked, simple as that. It's why there's such a drastic waxes and wanes in the quality of a given 'Rumble match, year-to-year. Look at 2009 compared to 2010. I'd put the 2009 Royal Rumble match on to get a good night's sleep, but the 2010 Royal Rumble match was expertly-booked, practically to near-perfection for a match of its kind. Just for one example.

But I guess this post is way too positive... IT WILL ALL SUCK!!! :)
Why did you enjoy last years? I thought it was really average. It was really good up untill the elimination of Punk and I felt it sort of fell apart from there. (maybe that's just me hating the fact he was eliminated way too early)

Felt too many people didn't last long enough, iirc Drew was the only midcarder who had a decent showing (could be wrong on that even).

·
19,156 Posts
Why did you enjoy last years? I thought it was really average. It was really good up untill the elimination of Punk and I felt it sort of fell apart from there. (maybe that's just me hating the fact he was eliminated way too early)

Felt too many people didn't last long enough, iirc Drew was the only midcarder who had a decent showing (could be wrong on that even).
I enjoyed the meticulous, tight, compact booking of it. What some seemed to criticize, I thought was great: there was never any deadwood, never more than about seven guys in the ring at one time, it was the closest a 'Rumble match ever came to never once being even remotely a "clusterf***." It also told some great stories. From CM Punk's dominance to Triple H's entrance, from the McIntyre/Morrison rivalry to the Legacy teamwork, to Miz laying MVP out, to Matt Hardy being a pathetic jobber (sorry, just felt like I had to throw that in for some reason), to HBK's entrance, DX clearing house, Cena coming in right after Michaels, getting a 90-second replay of the Survivor Series main event with DX/Cena, Michaels Superkicking Triple H out of the ring, and a lot of the bigger names being saved for that last run, leading to a dramatic, but, Edge return and immediate elimination of Jericho and Batista at #30 aside, fairly unpredictable climax. They had people very much invested in Shawn's story; each time he nearly got eliminated, the fans were willing for him to stay in, and when he finally exited the match, the disappointment in the building was palpable. The Final Three sequence has a few little flaws, and there are always things to nitpick about a 'Rumble match, but overall it was one of the better put-together ones in quite a while.

One of the main drawbacks to it was, though, that no midcarder really had a great run in the match. And with this year being dominated by Nexus/Corre and having 40 men, it might follow suit.

Punk stole the show in many ways, but the interweaving stories following that portion kept it going strong. It's really the only 'Rumble match in the past few years that I can rewatch on a semi-regular basis without getting bored at any significant time. 2007 was sleepy until HBK and Taker saved it, 2008 is sort of all over the place with lots of great highs but also some very average stretches bogging it down, and 2009 just hasn't aged well in my opinion, with the Legacy/Triple H arc dominating the whole thing a bit too much in retrospect.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts