Wrestling Forum banner

21 - 40 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
3,861 Posts
Here are the three:

Keith Lee (35):
Matt Riddle (34):

The only limit to these two will be their age. If WWE keeps them in NXT for a couple of additional years, we'll get potentially truncated runs on the main roster. Injury susceptibility goes up, and I have a nagging suspicion that many of the wrestlers in NXT are simply overtraining.

Rhea Ripley (23): Far younger than Riddle or Lee, she'll be the biggest star of them all. In two or three years, she'll face Adam Cole for the Universal Title at WrestleMania and win it to mainstream media attention. That's your next crossover star.

·
Registered
2,393 Posts
Becky and Kofi hurt business more than they helped. Don’t confuse the hardcores liking something with the broader audience liking it. Bryan did pick up some mainstream notoriety but his concussions held him back. I don’t think anyone on the roster is a true transcendent star in the making.

·
None. More. Hated.
5,739 Posts
Here are the three:

Keith Lee (35):
Matt Riddle (34):

The only limit to these two will be their age. If WWE keeps them in NXT for a couple of additional years, we'll get potentially truncated runs on the main roster. Injury susceptibility goes up, and I have a nagging suspicion that many of the wrestlers in NXT are simply overtraining.

Rhea Ripley (23): Far younger than Riddle or Lee, she'll be the biggest star of them all. In two or three years, she'll face Adam Cole for the Universal Title at WrestleMania and win it to mainstream media attention. That's your next crossover star.

View attachment 86552

Riddle is poo poo.

·
The Babyface of WF
11,671 Posts
Honestly just push anybody see if it sticks this kind of question will always surface no matter what these days.

I won't bother naming anybody since it won't make a difference unless WWE make it so.

·
Registered
426 Posts
It's genuinely hard to predict given the mismanagement of NXT talents on call-ups in recent years. For every Charlotte Flair, you end up with a few dozen Finn Balors and lower. This is of course of no fault of the talent in numerous cases.

If I had to predict though, I would say one or a few of the following:

1) Adam Cole
2) Keith Lee
3) Karian Kross

No need to explain these I feel, as their traits are pretty well discussed on here.

I would say Matt Riddle, however I see his fall from grace being his own fault.

·
alexa = greatest of all time!
3,042 Posts
it is tough to say as even if someone does organically get over they will push the usual suspects over them. they made one good decision regarding top stars in the past few years which was pushing drew.

·
Registered
3,861 Posts
and that will be the last time I ever watch WWE again
It's the last barrier left for WWE to hurdle...to merge the men's and women's rosters into one unified talent pool. They'll get a tremendous amount of media attention if Ripley wins the "men's" title at a future WrestleMania and it probably makes her a mainstream star if she then holds it for an extended period against men and women.

·
The Empire will Reign again
16,701 Posts
Sonya's promos are garbage so absolutely not her

Drew would've been at a certain level had there been crowds all this time. Only topstar currently with any sort of charisma

My money right now is on Otis. Despite the complaints of the small echo chamber that is WF, the rest of the internet is ecstatic with his current push

Gargano is a good option as well when he hits the main roster
Sonya's promos are garbage, seriously? I mean you're entitled to your opinion but her promos have been getting tons of praise from fans on WF, fans on social media, wrestlers and wrestling talking heads, if you don't mind can you break down what you don't like about them or what she could do to be better in your eyes?

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
None. WWE is overexposing it’s future stars too much with NXT and diminishing their star appeal. Look at Undertaker, Kane, Goldberg, Kurt Angle, Brock Lesnar, these guys were not overexposed and made a impact straight away. People had a lot of intrigue for them. AJ Styles is the same as well since he never went to NXT and challenged the top stars straight away. Samoa Joe could’ve been bigger had he challenged Cena during his debut and not waste his time in NXT.

People are spending so much time in NXT that it’s killing their shelf life. If Cole, Ciampa or Gargano went to the main roster no one will give a fuck. You ain’t new anymore you’re just old news by that point.

·
Registered
36 Posts
It's the last barrier left for WWE to hurdle...to merge the men's and women's rosters into one unified talent pool. They'll get a tremendous amount of media attention if Ripley wins the "men's" title at a future WrestleMania and it probably makes her a mainstream star if she then holds it for an extended period against men and women.
Surely they won't push it this far, why Rhea Rhipley? Surely someone like Bayzler would be a bit more realistic with her size and MMA background?.. And thats not me advocating for Bayzler to be the WWE champion..

It just wont be believable if Rhipley is top of the mens division when you've got people like Lashley or Lesnar on the roster

·
Registered
259 Posts
None. WWE is overexposing it’s future stars too much with NXT and diminishing their star appeal. Look at Undertaker, Kane, Goldberg, Kurt Angle, Brock Lesnar, these guys were not overexposed and made a impact straight away. People had a lot of intrigue for them. AJ Styles is the same as well since he never went to NXT and challenged the top stars straight away. Samoa Joe could’ve been bigger had he challenged Cena during his debut and not waste his time in NXT.

People are spending so much time in NXT that it’s killing their shelf life. If Cole, Ciampa or Gargano went to the main roster no one will give a fuck. You ain’t new anymore you’re just old news by that point.
Maybe they should call up Karrion Kross asap.

·
WWE plant
3,832 Posts
Sonya's promos are garbage, seriously? I mean you're entitled to your opinion but her promos have been getting tons of praise from fans on WF, fans on social media, wrestlers and wrestling talking heads, if you don't mind can you break down what you don't like about them or what she could do to be better in your eyes?
She used to shit the bed regularly in those (pre-taped) Fire and Desire backstage promos they did, and the one a couple of weeks back where she turned on Mandy was just a complete mess.

She suffers from the same thing Ziggler does. The words are there but there's something so off about her timing, intonation and overall delivery that it makes the whole thing feel unnatural.

I like Sonya and I'm happy others enjoy her work but I aint feeling it.

21 - 40 of 53 Posts