Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Banned
1,678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. I didn't see any threads like this so here is my thread, I just want to know how many buys you are predicting Extreme Rules will get.

In 2009, Extreme Rules got: 213,000 buys and it was Edge vs. Jeff Hardy in the main event.

In 2010, Exteme Rules got: 182,000 buys and it was John Cena vs. Batista

In 2011, Extreme Rules got: 209,000 buys and it was The Miz vs. John Cena vs. John Morrison in the main event.

In 2012, Extreme Rules looks like John Cena will fight in the main event for the third time in 3 years against Brock Lesnar. I was just wondering how many buys do you think they will get now that Lesnar is being hyped.

Personally, I'm predicting something like 190,000 buys.

·
Registered
6,187 Posts
No more than last year's, probably less. Maybe a slight increase from last year, but nothing too big like MITB and SSeries. Lesnar is not that big of a star. He's already failed at pulling in the ratings, and he'll fail at pulling in the buys. Just my prediction.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts

A lot of current fans that usually stream it might actually buy this one because:

1. it's in Chicago
2. Lesnar's first WWE match in over 7 years
3. Solid Card
4. Simply put that CM Punk and the home town pop.

I also think old fans might consider purchasing the event because of Lesnar.

(Y)

·
Banned
1,678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, I do think that CM Punk will increase the PPV buys by a long way. I agree with you aswell.

·
Registered
6 Posts
The only reason I'd pay for this is the great show I know Punk and Jericho are going to put on, and the crowd will be utterly insane for it.
yeah like that piece of shit they put on at wrestlemania? it had like 3 cool spots and a good final few minutes in a pool of 20 minutes of horrifying boring garbage no chemistry gay ass shit. if they were wrestling to prove who is the worst in the world they both tied there. i bet they will suck ass once again at this PPV.

i say this PPV gets 250K tops and i'd be very susprised if it gets more and if it does then fuck you

·
Banned
7,681 Posts
The only reason I'd pay for this is the great show I know Punk and Jericho are going to put on, and the crowd will be utterly insane for it.
The crowd wont be that hot for it.

1st - He's not facing John Cena, he's facing Jericho.

2nd - The storyline sucks, so the crowd wont be that emotionally connected to the match.

Anyho, I predict it will beat both MITB and SVS. 300k.

Well, I do think that CM Punk will increase the PPV buys by a long way. I agree with you aswell.
No, no he wont.

·
Banned
1,678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I don't think it will do that great. It seems to be there isn't all that much buzz about Cena/Lesnar.
It's because..

- Theres no build up.
- Lesnar ruined it on RAW.
- Chicargo cares about Punk not Lesnar or Cena.

·
Banned
1,678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

·
Registered
9,547 Posts
Lol at the delusional in this thread, I love the bitterness. Anyway, it's a one match show, Lesnar vs Cena, all other are filler or comedy angles. Filler like Jericho/Punk(as usual) and comedy with the YES chants for Bryan. Jericho/Punk is going to be the same boring match with fake acting, the only good thing that can come from this is the end of this disaster of a program. Worst feud of the year by far along with Cena/Ryder/Kane.

Anyho, I predict it will beat MITB
Come on man, You're saying it like it's a big accomplishment or something, there's like 7-8 PPVs in 2011 alone(horrendous PPV year, the worst domestic of all time)who did better. Like I said in the ratings thread it's one month after Rock/Cena, the biggest money show in wrestling history and one week after one of the biggest fights of the year Jones/Rashad which did a big number with over 700k domestic, people already paid a lot of money on PPVs this month from every fanbase. Megastar Brock is big and has the potential to do huge but a they're not going to maximize it on a random B PPV with Metal card, 300k will be a big success, but the real money is going to be with Brock Lesnar vs Randy Orton at Summerslam and Rock/Brock at WM29.

My prediction: Decent 280k........300k- Great.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Since theres a decent card and Cena vs Brock is a dream match i will predict about 250000 buys.

·
Asuka
^Take this off
96,574 Posts
After Lesnar's promo on Monday, I wouldn't be surprised if they don't even have buyrates because everyone took their money back.

But seriously, it'll do about twice what last year's Extreme Rules did. I don't know what that number is exactly but that's my prediction.

·
Banned
10,758 Posts
250000 is the upper limit
200000 is the lowest

Cena vs Lesnar is sure seller

Bryan can give a great match against Shaemus
Looking for crazy Yes chants

Punk vs Jericho with crowd chants will be great

Nothing much in this except for Cena vs Lesnar and a hot crowd

·
Banned
10,758 Posts
WM29

Stone Cold vs Brock Lesnar
Heel Cena vs Rock

Sure 1 million buys

Isn't it strange top 3 PPVs have Cena in main event
WM23-Due to Trump vs McMahon
Wm27-Rock appearance and his possible involvement with Cena
WM28-Rock vs Cena

Wondering if Rock vs anyone else could have caused last two PPVs to 1 million buys?

·
Banned
1,678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Not Wrestlemania so no higher than 200,000 buys. Doesn't matter that Brock is facing Cena.
Well there having Brock replace the rock so maybe it will beat Mania.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts