Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I understand we live in an ever-changing world, times change, things move on and WWE is no stranger to that. However, do you feel that certain PPV events were disbanded unreasonably and without a need to do so?

I'm happy that there will be new ones every couple of years or so, and some are expansions, one might say, of older ones. E.g. Elimination Chamber is clearly a development of No Way Out. (In terms of it being a big cage over the ring - I know what I mean anyway!)

My main issue is with Backlash. It fitted perfectly after Wrestlemania, with many feuds from it still going strong hence the term, 'Backlash'. Move Extreme Rules to May and have Backlash back after the biggest event of the year. Would also like to see Armageddon back as well.

Any other ideas/opinions?

·
Banned
4,994 Posts
In Your House PPV's

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I HATED how they diluted KOTR, how can you take something that's worked for years then make it appear every so often on Raw? Absolutely ridiculous. I'd rather see Survivor Series go than KOTR! But would prefer to have both! Ha

·
Registered
4 Posts
Backlash should be brought back, replacing Over the Limit, but have Extreme Rules swap with Backlash. So Wrestlemania, Backlash then Extreme Rules.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
^ It just makes sense doesn't it. I always considered Backlash to be sort of like Wrestlemania 1.5, a lot of loose ends always seemed to be finished off during it, and the named fitted perfectly.

·
Banned
4,010 Posts
Starrcade, but it should be moved from December to a little bit earlier in the year, and it should be treated as the fall version of Wrestlemania. Not because WWE needs the business but because it would make the writers have to get off their lazy asses for more than 3 months a year.

·
Registered
349 Posts
king of the ring
no way out

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
I always liked the No Way Out name, so I'm glad they brought it back this year, however I would prefer it to be the EC show. It makes more sense.

I would like Backlash to take the spot after WM again. Extreme Rules still obviously serves the same purpose as the PPV after WM but with the Backlash name it just makes more sense.

Also I would like to see Armageddon back. It's a cool PPV name to end the year and if they really wanted to they could keep the TLC gimmick of the show but call it Armageddon: Tables, Ladders and Chairs or something. Simply to give the PPV a chaotic feel as the name implies.

King of the Ring is a cool concept too so that would be good to have as a PPV again.

·
THE ONE.
5,323 Posts
King Of The Ring - the PPV before Summerslam giving the winner a World title match at Summerslam
Judgement Day - replace Over the Limit
Armageddon as the December PPV

·
Registered
43 Posts
Jan - Royal Rumble
Feb - No Way Out
March - Mania
April - Backlash
May - Extreme Rules
June - King of the Ring
July - Bad Blood
August - Summerslam
September - Cyber Sunday
October - No Mercy
November - Survivor Series
December - Armageddon

This is the way i would do it. would also return the money in the bank match to wrestlemania and 32 man King of the Ring Tournement (only 1/2 finals and final on the ppv, all other matches on raw and smackdown) with the winner getting a title shot at summerslam (a unified heavyweight/wwe title)
Would also like to see the British PPVs Rebellion and Insurrextion come back aswell.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts