Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A thought came to my mind today about TNA's PPV focus and why it seems so down in buyrates.

We all know that TNA should:
A. Promote themselves EVERYWHERE that they can.
B. Produce much more "Must-See" PPV match-ups that people are willing to pay for.

BUT...

Just as important than those reasons, TNA needs somewhat of a gimmick to entice the viewer just in the same manner that WWE has figured out and utilized to keep today's fan interested.

My proposal is this:
A. Just as WWE does the "Road to Wrestlemania", I find an allure with this notion and think that TNA's "Road to Glory" (so to speak), should either begin or end at Victory Road, as TNA makes slow PPV by PPV build-ups towards their biggest event of the year.
B. With "No Surrender" quickly approaching, I believe TNA's also missing a well performing draw, which is toi have "Themed PPVs". Now I'm sure many in the IWC are not fans of this approach to wrestling, but I believe this style to be a definate draw, as many who want to see a specific style of match throughout the year can become enticed as they'll believe that a certain PPV is the "one and only night" to see a certain breed of matches take place. What I would suggest is that TNA continue with Lockdown, but rather make it their Survivor Series (3rd best PPV), make Slammiversary the 2nd biggest PPV, and take already established PPV's, and give them a hook.

The biggest change I'd like to see personally with No Surrender in the future, would be to make it a "Submission-Focused" PPV, something that WWE still doesn't have for some reason.

I'm just curious at this point, as wrestling fans, do u all think these changes would increase buyrates?

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok, and I respect that, but I see TNA getting better PPVs buyrates as a result of this, especilly from watching WWE.

I'm not saying I want themed PPV's all year, because WWE basically crams them down their fan's throats, but I think that this particular theme for TNA would be a step in the right direction, as it would would counteract a PPV such as Destination X and put more of a focus on a portion of wrestlers in TNA that can perform amazing submissions and be just as entertaining as the high-fliers that TNA has been known to have.

·
IDGET
4,758 Posts
Only PPV changes they should make is less PPV's. Go down to 8, 6 or even 4 a year, mixed in with some live specials on Spike here and there. Might help with giving the shows more of a special feel with more time to build them up, as long as booking can take advantage of the extra time.

·
Registered
7,658 Posts
TNA has had a few themed ppvs in the past:

Bound for Glory featured the Monster's Ball match
No Surrender featured the 4 Ways to Glory match (until this year)
Destination X featured the Ultimate X match (but B4G has featured this match)
Slammiversary featured the King of the Mountain match (until this year)

·
Registered
2,588 Posts
TNA has had a few themed ppvs in the past:

Bound for Glory featured the Monster's Ball match
No Surrender featured the 4 Ways to Glory match (until this year)
Destination X featured the Ultimate X match (but B4G has featured this match)
Slammiversary featured the King of the Mountain match (until this year)
and lockdown

·
IDGET
4,758 Posts
Lockdown was a good theme PPV for them a few years back until they started whoring out cage matches on other PPVs and Impact.

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
PPvs are outdated and should be stopped in all wrestling companies except for WWE's big 4. As for TNA right now ofc there ppv buy rates are going to be garbage, and they will remain like that.
TNA is a small theme park attraction, and WWE is a massive global entertainment company so there is no reason to ever compare or put the two in the same sentence.

·
Premium Member
43,609 Posts
I think part of the problem is that most of the best stuff happens on TV. That awesome BMI vs. Guns Best of Five series...NONE of it was on PPV. It was all for free & it was better than pretty much any other series TNA has done this year.

·
Registered
2,588 Posts
PPvs are outdated and should be stopped in all wrestling companies except for WWE's big 4. As for TNA right now ofc there ppv buy rates are going to be garbage, and they will remain like that.
TNA is a small theme park attraction, and WWE is a massive global entertainment company so there is no reason to ever compare or put the two in the same sentence.
dude tna is wrestling if it wasn't u wouldn't be here right now :rolleyes:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts