Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So Vince is still the CEO, and HHH is still the COO. Conceivably Vince is still HHH's boss and they are both Laurenitis's boss (even if he is a VP and RAW GM).

Now the "Board of Directors" is now delegating absolute power to a Vice President? That makes absolutely no sense. Even if Laurenitis is the RAW GM he still answers to the CEO/COO (and conceivably a President and CFO) just as Teddy Long has been established to do on Smackdown. Moreover they are saying Laurenitis is the interim GM of RAW while they still have the anonymous RAW GM podium on the set. I wasn't even aware RAW was ever lacking a GM.

If you're going to do this angle then HHH can't retain a position which gives him authority over Laurenitis and have it make any sense :\

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
How is this the Attitude Era 2.0? I don't remember any clusterfluff stories like this that involved the various positions of authority within a corporate environment. All of the power struggle stories back then revolved around who controlled what % of ownership of the company.

·
Premium Member
15,437 Posts
How is this the Attitude Era 2.0? I don't remember any clusterfluff stories like this that involved the various positions of authority within a corporate environment. All of the power struggle stories back then revolved around who controlled what % of ownership of the company.
WWF 1999 was an entire clusterfuck as far as power struggle storylines go.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I remember hearing that Vince went crazy backstage when ADR mentioned his name in a promo. Vince was likely the mystery man behind the scenes, but likely changed it to Laurenitus after that.

·
Registered
413 Posts
The writers really messed up this story. They should of made HHH the GM of Raw from the begining and stuck with that.

And I don't think HHH is still COO, is he? If he was still COO he would still be Laurenitis's boss and he would have no reason to be mad at him.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
They even acknowledged that HHH was still COO and Laurenitis's technical boss later on in the show when Laurenitis said he had to petition the board to force HHH to wrestle.

·
Registered
615 Posts
I know but really who cares? It all leads to the Rock returning for Survivor Series so there is nothing, and the Rock means nothing that matters as much as this! If ya smell...... what the Rock is cooking!

·
Banned
7,761 Posts
Vince and Trips are still the legal authority figures of WWE, but Ace is the boss of Raw...and because he is also the head of talent relations, the de-facto REAL boss of WWE. He do what he wants on his show even if the McMahon family dosen't like it. The only people that can stop him is the board of directors. Vince and Trips own Raw, but they no longer run Raw.

If WWE was the United Kingdom, the McMahons would be the useless figureheads of the Royal Family, the board of directors would be Parlaiment, and John Laurinaitis would be the Prime Minister elected to hold power.

·
Registered
5,563 Posts
From what I understand of corporate organization it goes like this

the board thinks Vince is a poor CEO and has taken him down an temporally replaced him with HHH until they can rule if he is competent or not

Vince is still CEO until he is officially removed and in real life that can take months

HHH had a walk out which scared the board so they have taken away his responsibility and given it to Ace till they can figure out what to do with Vince

Vince and HHH still are technically the bosses in title and (maybe) pay but the power was stripped by the board

·
Registered
413 Posts
The problem was at first they said HHH was the COO of the entire WWE, but last night (and last week) they say he is the GM of Raw. Unless HHH was both COO and Raw GM?

·
Registered
22,514 Posts
I guess it's not enough for me to have to figure out the answer for stuff like
, now they make storylines that are even harder to figure out.

·
Registered
829 Posts
This is why i never get my hopes up concerning most of the E's storylines.

When it looks like things are getting good then they just drop the ball.. one step forward and two steps back, they're no better than TNA tbh.
It was rushed, weeks of build up and it ended in one night, so the E can continue on with the Mexico tour and Survivor Series. (which will also suck)

·
Registered
108 Posts
I see it as: Vince got his "Day to day" responsibilities revoked. Thusly giving HHH control over the "day to day" things. And now, HHH is stripped and the Board is giving the responsibility to the Raw GM. Which there isn't one now, so they named Laurenitis the "Interim" GM. So Laurenitis is incharge of Talent relations (his original post), and now the Interim Raw GM with "day to day" control.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts