Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Brief:
Every one complains about the lack of stars in the WWE & how Cena cannot turn heel because no one is a big enough babyface to be the face of the company. True. But WWE is the one to blame.
Over the years, there has been so much potential in storyline that the WWE fail to capitalize on...

Question:
If WWE didn't drop the ball with so many storylines, who do you would have been big stars or bigger stars than they already are now?

My answer:
Randy Orton. Having come back from injury in late 08, winning the Royal Rumble, having a brilliant feud with Triple H(especially considering it was in the PG Era), taking out the entire McMahon family the way he did(I don't even think Stone Cold did that, correct me if i'm wrong)... WWE Could have made Randy Orton into a much more bigger star in 2009 if they had him go over HHH at WM25. Orton headed into WM25 with so much momentum, this could have been the ultimate payback for against Triple H. But Orton losing at WM25 IMO COMPLETELY killed his momentum... so what if he won at Backlash, the damage was done - hell, it wasn't even a 1 on 1 match?. Had he won at WM25, he could have been on the road to becoming the next Triple H.
But it was after he said "I Quit" vs Cena is when his character got butchered.​

·
Registered
592 Posts
Natalya. She could've been the next Trish Stratus.

·
Registered
6,761 Posts
Christian last year with that bull shit loss.
Punk with that bull shit Triple H, Johnny Ace, Nash stuff.
Eddie Guerrero losing the strap to JBL and feuding over Reys kid(SERIOUSLY THE FUCK WAS THAT)
Lesnar Sunday night.

·
Banned
6,531 Posts
MVP.

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
i dont agree with orton. he just doesnt have that " it" factor to be a huge star. a main event guy ? yeah ok but not a top guy like cena or lesnar...

but yeah cm punk and christian both easily could have been much bigger then they are right now

·
Registered
159 Posts
christian

·
Registered
9,346 Posts
I'm agreeing with the majority here and saying Christian. When he came back in 2009, he should have been thrust straight into the main event Edge/Jeff Hardy/Matt Hardy angle. He'd have been a great main eventer.

·
Ted the Moth
12,866 Posts
Christian would have done a splendid job carrying Smackdown if they had just let him. But no, they didn't even give him a full week with the title. What was the point, actually? If they were worried about ratings and attendance sinking, they wouldn't have had him drop the belt to Orton.

·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i dont agree with orton. he just doesnt have that " it" factor to be a huge star. a main event guy ? yeah ok but not a top guy like cena or lesnar...

but yeah cm punk and christian both easily could have been much bigger then they are right now
Have to disagree with you with Orton bro.
He was unpredictable psychotic guy with mad temper problems, you didn't know what he would have done if you pushed him too far. He played that role very well.

But yeah, I agree with you with the rest.

·
Employee Of The Month At Dale's Dead Bug
4,725 Posts
Christian in 2005. I've never been a fan of his but he was over. He should've been world champion or at least the top heel challenging for a world title. He had everything that you wanted in a top heel. Never knew why Vince had him look like a fool.

MVP in 2008. I don't know why they put MVP on this losing streak. He was a damn good heel and had the perfect arrogant heel gimmick for the current times. His name alone screamed mega heel. They threw two years worth of building him up as a soon to be main event heel only to have him go on this losing streak and then turn face and be a member of team Kool-Aid.

Randy Orton in 2009. Why in the fuck did Orton lose at WM 25? He was the biggest heel since Triple H from 02-05. No one else got heat like he did. Him attacking the McMahons and punting the crap outta Vince, Shane, and I think Triple H too was great storytelling. He wins the Rumble and loses at WM 25 to Triple H. Then he wins the title in a freaking tag team match. Really? Taker vs HBK should've main evented and Orton should've won the WWE Championship.

·
THE ONE.
5,323 Posts
Megastars is a strong word, I doubt any of these guys would have become Megastars except for honestly Punk.

Edge could have been even more over had he kept the belt after the greatest cash in and headlined WrestleMania and retained possibly.

Orton should have not been made Triple H's bitch in 2004, it took him 4-5 years and a character change for him to become relevant again (still not a draw though)

CM Punk got royally screwed character wise Summerslam and beyond, I still don't understand why he wrestled that night considering Rey V Cena is actually a good money match and his return if WWE had hinted enough at us with Punk virally or whatever saying he might be their and returning then or just jumping the rail would have been cool and slowly ease him back in as an outsider or whatever, you could really have built Survivor Series around him along with The Rock IMO with Punk's return match and Rock's.

·
Registered
21,621 Posts
All the people you've brought up haven't been wasted, they've all had long runs and been quite successful. I'd go with Hade Vansen as somebody who's been wasted by strange backstage decisions.

·
Banned
882 Posts
Turning Orton face might have paid off for awhile, but now it's getting out of hand, he really needs to turn heel. However, he could never replace Cena as the top face, he doesn't have enough charisma and while guys like Brock and Taker survived a long time without it, Orton is no Brock or Taker.

The Summer of Punk angle was hotshotted last year and involving Nash made it all stupid, it did nothing but ruin it. Nonetheless, Punk is still on top but they still ruined an otherwise great angle.

Seems Kharma is being wasted. I thought she was back but has done nothing yet. She came last year to a great debut but since nothing has come of it.

When Christian left WWE several years ago, a lot of fans were pissed because Vince wasted him. Last year he proved he had what it took to helped carry the Smackdown main event, yet he still dropped the title quickly both times. He could have done more with it than Orton and even put over Sheamus big or anyone else. But now he's being wasted again.

·
Registered
791 Posts
Orton has gazillian pushes and that 2009 program with HHH did put him over big. It was reason he turned face. That loss to a established wrestler, HHH didnt hurt him.

Punk is already the top guy. He was never going to be steve austin or even john cena. This is the highest he would reach.

Christian is the right answer.

Megastars is a strong word, I doubt any of these guys would have become Megastars except for honestly Punk.
Fail.

1 - 20 of 72 Posts