Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
i was thinking going into the rumble they should give orton a me vs the world type of storyline. remember when he said he'll start from the bottom and move his way to the top inorder to get another chance at the title. In the upcoming weeks leading to the royal rumble they could have him attack random wrestlers by sneaking into their matches and hitting them with the rko faces and heels. This will then turn him into a common enemy and every wrestler now wants the chance to eliminate him at the rumble. This gives him the chance to stay relevant without chasing after the title. They could even have a segment where cena,punk and sheamus are involved in a 6 man tag match and orton interrupts takes out one of the heels on the opposing team then teases an attack on the top faces only to change his mind at the last second when they all recover in the ring. the night ends with a staredown betweem cena,punk,sheamus and orton who's walking up the ramp with a sadistic smile on his face. what do you guys think?

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
i was thinking going into the rumble they should give orton a me vs the world type of storyline. remember when he said he'll start from the bottom and move his way to the top inorder to get another chance at the title. In the upcoming weeks leading to the royal rumble they could have him attack random wrestlers by sneaking into their matches and hitting them with the rko faces and heels. This will then turn him into a common enemy and every wrestler now wants the chance to eliminate him at the rumble. This gives him the chance to stay relevant without chasing after the title. what do you guys think?

So basically what SCSA did before the 1998 royal rumble?

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah austin did do something similar to this but shit why not do it again? storylines have been recycled before plus itll be new to the lil jimmys

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
If there is one guy who could pull this kind of thing off, it could be Orton to be fair.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Nah. Fans with memories will dislike the Stone Cold gimmick rip-off because Orton just isn't as badass.

How bout this? Making him legit work his way up. Every week, he comes out to defeat another competitor cleanly in a one-on-one match up, starting from the jobbers and culminating eventually in matches against legit contenders. With every victory, he takes the mic and issues a "I'm coming for you Mark Henry!" type taunt. Its gotta be gradual - a one step at a time thing. No "one-man army beating up 5 people at a go" nonsense. Nobody believes that shit anymore unless you are SCSA.

In scant weeks before Wrestlemania, Mark Henry will be getting worried. He would be actively interfering in Orton's matches to cause him to lose the winning streak and make him go back to the end of the line. He might form a heel stable to try put Orton out for good. Orton would prevail against the odds and finally beat the previously untouchable champ at Wrestlemania.

End result? A champ that looks really legit.

·
Registered
6,430 Posts
Nah. Fans with memories will dislike the Stone Cold gimmick rip-off because Orton just isn't as badass.

How bout this? Making him legit work his way up. Every week, he comes out to defeat another competitor cleanly in a one-on-one match up, starting from the jobbers and culminating eventually in matches against legit contenders. With every victory, he takes the mic and issues a "I'm coming for you Mark Henry!" type taunt. Its gotta be gradual - a one step at a time thing. No "one-man army beating up 5 people at a go" nonsense. Nobody believes that shit anymore unless you are SCSA.

In scant weeks before Wrestlemania, Mark Henry will be getting worried. He would be actively interfering in Orton's matches to cause him to lose the winning streak and make him go back to the end of the line. He might form a heel stable to try put Orton out for good. Orton would prevail against the odds and finally beat the previously untouchable champ at Wrestlemania.

End result? A champ that looks really legit.

ok but why the fuck would orton nedd THAT?!

·
Registered
123 Posts
ok but why the fuck would orton nedd THAT?!
He doesn't in my opinion. I'm only drafting an alternate response to the original poster's idea of a "potential Orton storyline".

If I am WWE creative, I would have given that "work all the way up from bottom tier to champ" storyline to Daniel Bryan.

·
Registered
6,430 Posts
He doesn't in my opinion. I'm only drafting an alternate response to the original poster's idea of a "potential Orton storyline".

If I am WWE creative, I would have given that "work all the way up from bottom tier to champ" storyline to Daniel Bryan.
well maybe they will do that with bryan after ss if they are really going to make him cash in at mania

one of my concerns is that might let him cash in AFTER the match thus making him heel
i dont want bryan as a heel at least not in the near future

·
Registered
4,837 Posts
i was thinking going into the rumble they should give orton a me vs the world type of storyline. remember when he said he'll start from the bottom and move his way to the top inorder to get another chance at the title. In the upcoming weeks leading to the royal rumble they could have him attack random wrestlers by sneaking into their matches and hitting them with the rko faces and heels. This will then turn him into a common enemy and every wrestler now wants the chance to eliminate him at the rumble. This gives him the chance to stay relevant without chasing after the title. They could even have a segment where cena,punk and sheamus are involved in a 6 man tag match and orton interrupts takes out one of the heels on the opposing team then teases an attack on the top faces only to change his mind at the last second when they all recover in the ring. the night ends with a staredown betweem cena,punk,sheamus and orton who's walking up the ramp with a sadistic smile on his face. what do you guys think?

Orton would be a marked man coming into the Rumble, like how Austin was in 1998, and Orton goes on to win the Rumble

·
Registered
8,335 Posts
While it's been noted that Austin did this in 98 I'd like to see it happen again, it's double the length of the 7 year rule and it fits Orton perfectly, Orton should be RKO'ing everyone and anyone anyway, he should be an unhinged loner badass, every so often we get signs of it but nothing definitive

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
well, I think it's very stupid to provoke everyone going into the Rumble, how will that actually increase your chances of winning the thing?
Mate its scripted. Even if he does provoke everyone in the buildup there isnt any reason why he still couldnt win it if the bookers want him to win.

Stone Cold went around giving all the participants a stunner before the 98 rumble and he still won it.

I dont think Orton even has to win the Rumble, it would just be a good way of trying to portray him as a badass.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Why is WWE seemingly all about Orton now? He's untouchable and as good and spectacular as he is, there are so many talents in the roster that aren't being utilised properly at all. They should have given the Battle Royale victory to someone like Wade Barrett.

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Mate its scripted. Even if he does provoke everyone in the buildup there isnt any reason why he still couldnt win it if the bookers want him to win.

Stone Cold went around giving all the participants a stunner before the 98 rumble and he still won it.

I dont think Orton even has to win the Rumble, it would just be a good way of trying to portray him as a badass.
this. he doesnt have to win. the lead up to the rumble alone will be something to watch.

·
Registered
5,705 Posts
Stone Cold and Orton get compared but tbh they aren't really that much alike so I think this story would work well with Orton because he'd do things slightly differently. imo, the best way for this to happen is for Orton to continually get screwed out of matches which if this storyline were to happen would have already started.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts