Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
5,705 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://pwrshow.com/all-news/21973-internal-feeling-on-rey-mysterio-possible-feud-for-booker-t-wwes-mexico-tapings

In case for some reason the link doesn't work it says a possible feud is for Booker T to engage in a short feud. The rumoured opponent being Intercontinental Champion Cody Rhodes.

Now for my own opinion if this were to happen. AWESOME! :D But maybe that's because I want to see Bookdust back and this somehow makes it possible, especially considering the fact that Rhodes is seemingly in an alliance with Christian and Dolph Ziggler at the moment. Not only that, it'll help get Rhodes more over, put more spotlight on him and increase his credibility all round. I suppose we shouldn't be surprised at this rumour considering Rhodes has been butting heads with some of the main event lately. Orton, Edge, Sheamus and Triple H all recently. Adding Booker T to that just increases Rhodes' credibility as a future world champion not to mention, it helps the IC title a lot just to have the guy holding it advance up the card towards the main event.

I suppose the only hitch is Rhodes is going in 2 different directions what with his crossings with Orton and this alliance with Christian and Ziggler.

What are your thoughts on this potential development over the next month? And I'm sorry for doing this but can you dig that? SUCKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!

·
Registered
7,932 Posts
A feud between Booker T/Rhodes would probably be interesting but I thought Rhodes was going to feud with Orton after HIAC. Either way, it should elevate him more.

Orton/Rhodes seemed like a natural progression, so if Booker T/Rhodes are in a feud and Sheamus/Henry are in a feud after HIAC, that leaves Orton to either face Christian again (not likely), Barrett (he's probably too low on the card now for that), or a returning Undertaker/Kane (most likely option). Ziggler if he goes over to Smackdown more often is another option.

·
Registered
5,705 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
A feud between Booker T/Rhodes would probably be interesting but I thought Rhodes was going to feud with Orton after HIAC. Either way, it should elevate him more.

Orton/Rhodes seemed like a natural progression, so if Booker T/Rhodes are in a feud and Sheamus/Henry are in a feud after HIAC, that leaves Orton to either face Christian again (not likely), Barrett (he's probably too low on the card now for that), or a returning Undertaker/Kane (most likely option). Ziggler if he goes over to Smackdown more often is another option.
So did I! This is speculation rather than truth though. Maybe WWE are saving Orton/Rhodes for Wrestlemania? From what I've read, the feud will be short anyway so Rhodes can still get involved with Orton etc.

·
Registered
4,327 Posts
I could see why Booker and Rhodes would feud since Book gets a bag every week but working a short program with an announcer is the last thing Cody needs to be doing right now. Moving on to Orton and taking the next step in his progression will do a lot more for him right now than a feud that really isn't going to do accomplish anything since Booker isn't an active performer.

·
Registered
7,130 Posts
not really randy is the man on sd cody could use a feud and win over a legend before ascending to mainevent

·
Registered
945 Posts
BS. He's fueding with Orton. Why would Booker have any reason to fued with Cody Rhodes?
Watch the show or STF, TBH. --->

This would be a welcome program for Rhodes... Been hoping they'll go with it since the whole Booker/bag-men thing first started.

I could see why Booker and Rhodes would feud since Book gets a bag every week but working a short program with an announcer is the last thing Cody needs to be doing right now. Moving on to Orton and taking the next step in his progression will do a lot more for him right now than a feud that really isn't going to do accomplish anything since Booker isn't an active performer.
Cody has had all he's likely to get from Orton for now (i.e. a dirty win). Meanwhile booker is a 6-time former world champion and would probably do the job for Cody... Booker doesn't need to be currently active to be seen as credible. I mean, if Lawler is good enough help put over Miz as WWE champ then I don't see how Booker isn't an even better option (especially against a guy currently residing in the midcard).

The more scalps they give Cody as a midcard champ the better (as opposed to rushing him into the ME and then getting crushed by Vince's golden boys.)...

·
Registered
5,705 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Booker T I would give anything to see him return into the ring
Well hopefully it won't be far away. He will be doing the job to Rhodes if they feud though. That's something I'm completely fine with. If WWE feud old stars against new ones, unless it's a one-night thing like Bret and Miz last year then the new guy always has to win. Progression.

·
Registered
3,528 Posts
to the stupid guy who thinks there's no reason for this feud, watch the show. Each time Cody Rhodes comes out he hands a paper bag to Booker-T, plus on commentary Booker has always not been the one to like Rhodes.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts