Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
4,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok back on here a while ago didnt Wrestling-Edge have Poster of The Month awards and what not and other awards? I think it should be brought back/introduced etc seeming as we have some normal posters returning back to these boards such as in Chainsaw , A-Dust etc. Oh and when i mean normal posters im just saying that this board recently has been flooded by a n00bie Invasion Chris, Lee, Cody if it werent for you guys this place would be n00bie hell keep up the good work lads:).

B

·
0 Posts
Lee doesn't think it should be done. I think it isn't such a bad think. It could make people post if something were in it, such as points for awards.

·
Registered
4,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well yea i was thinking it could maybe raise the standard of posting since all the crap we have had to put up with lately from noobie INvasions as such or n00bies that constantly dont put thought into their posts.

·
Premium Member
29,365 Posts
A Poster Of The Month suggestion coming from someone who
has just created 9 new threads.
I have no problems with newbies and I must admit I get ticked off when users start bagging them. They are a part of the forum and are the future of the forum. Wow, Chainsaw and Muzz have come back, we get two older members come back and you want to celebrate Veteran's Day. Chainsaw wasn't gone long enough for him to be missed. A-Dust is always around.
Newbies take their time finding their feet but when they do they are fine. This was the first forum I ever posted at, I had no idea what to do, the rules of this place. Most of my pic threads didn't work, I got bagged by other users. It wasn't until Machine and Kaneanite helped me out that I began to know my way around here. CarAlarm was posting shit at first but now he's made at least 15 new picture threads in the Wow Forum and his pics are attracting members. He's a newbie. We should all be as helpful to newbies as Machine and Kaneanite were to me.
Anyway, awards turn into a popularity contest and I don't feel they are necessary. Every member of this forum is a valued member, we don't need awards to prove it.

B

·
0 Posts
*wipes tear* That was deep man. I remember getting bagged for my posts not working. Then Mr. Rajah came and helped me and looked what he created. :) I help all the newbies in the Women Forums who need help. If I'm not wrong, I helped CarAlarm. :) k, bye.

·
Banned
9,035 Posts
*finishes off box of tissues*

Wow.....I LOVE YOU RAJAH!

As for the monthly awards, we ditched them since it was always just the most popular members/staff winning. Maybe we could have an all n00b awards thing though, lolz.

·
Registered
3,774 Posts
Originally posted by Babeanite
*wipes tear* That was deep man. I remember getting bagged for my posts not working. Then Mr. Rajah came and helped me and looked what he created. :) I help all the newbies in the Women Forums who need help. If I'm not wrong, I helped CarAlarm. :) k, bye.
I swear people still bag you for acting like a prick.

·
Registered
5,834 Posts
I remember either you or Furno saying not to post them, and that any new ones would be deleted. But anyways, I think it's a good idea. Who cares if only the popular or whatever members win. It's not like it matters anyways.

B

·
0 Posts
Shut the hell up. JgangstaHippie*insert numbers here* is the best poster on these boards.

·
Banned
2,731 Posts
I think it would be a success if it weas kept constant by the staff and was unbiased each month, but i doubt it would last as peeps would soon lose interst and forget it. But you could try!?

·
Registered
4,678 Posts
Maybe make like a once a month thing. People's Choice were their's a whole lot of catagories and the People vote and the Oscars were only Staff vote.

·
Banned
421 Posts
How about a Category for best Staff Member(excluding Amish because he would kick all their asses obviously) voted on by the non-staff members.

P.S-I vote for myself

·
Banned
9,035 Posts
It would probably work if it was done with nominations, and not just everyone vote for their friends or whatever, and then have them all tallied and shit. Maybe the staff could make a thread in the staff forum and nominate 3-5 members for certain categories, that way it'd be less biased, and wouldn't be all the regular members sucking up to the higher authority.:)

·
Premium Member
29,365 Posts
Sounds likes a better idea than just everyone voting for whoever they please. It'll be like the W-E Grammys.
Start a thread in the staffroom if you please Cody and we'll put in our nominations.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts