Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I was looking over a list of TNA's top talent and realised, they've actually got quite a lot to work with now Hogan is gone. The Tags for a start. TNA always had a very strong tag base before Hogan arrived. Now he's gone, it's pretty full again.

The X Division was molested under Hogans guiding hand and though the Ultimate X was shit, doesn't mean the next one won't be super awesome, because they often can be.

I think we'll see a noticeable and dramatic improvement by the time the next ppv rolls around. Perhaps there are some good things Hogan brought to the company but I didn't spot them and am excitedly curious to see what changes will take place in his absence.

·
Registered
628 Posts
As bad as Hogan was! I don't think that all the things you've listed will dramatically improve now he's gone. Things will probably be the same, just without some old cripple limping around the arena.

·
Registered
5,620 Posts
how is the tag team division any new since Hogan has been gone? has there been a new team in the past what 2 weeks? the only difference is there are new champions, which some/most don't seem to like.

more BS bashing on Hogan, as if he had control on all things that changed.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The talent has always been there but now it can be used, as well as there extra air time involved. Storm and Gunner have sat on their arses all summer jacking off and drinking beer. The X Division did hard time and the women's roster was cut in half. why, because Hogan insisted they punt himself and the WHC.

·
Registered
628 Posts
But, I highly doubt Hogan being gone will affect how much air time they get? TNA clearly has a set group of favourites, midcarders and jobbers, each section will each get there allotted time per show, barring any gimmick changes or anything, It's been like that since Hogan arrived.

·
Registered
5,620 Posts
yeah Hulk Hogan had control of everything. even those episodes where he wasn't on TV.
there were other people in powerful positions that also had control of what was going on in TNA. one of them is also gone, Bruce Prichard.

the show should always focus around the world heavyweight championship. that is the ultimate title for a wrestler to win.

·
Banned
8,267 Posts
I've never understood the "Hulk was in charge" rumours considering the most that's ever been said is that he contributed like everyone else in TNA does.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
TNA creative is very loose. They let the wrestlers contribute to the process. How many people did Hogan bring in and help 'contribute' that are now gone, along with half of the original roster?

·
Registered
5,620 Posts
I hate that Hogan (and Bischoff) have gotten so much hate, for a lot of things they might not have even been at fault for. it seems right from the beginning people were never willing to give either of them a chance. in part maybe because of the thought they both had something to do with why WCW went out of business.
at this point as much as I don't like it or agree with it, it might just be time for both Hogan and Bischoff to be gone. just to be gone so people wont have them to complain about.

·
Registered
628 Posts
I don't think Hogan brought anyone in, that was down to talent relations, and as to how they were booked, creative was to blame. Hogan wasn't at fault for everything, there's a lot more going on behind the scenes I can assure you.

I'm just not buying into the B.S that Hogan had so many roles backstage, some people are making out as if he had every job in the god damn company.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I don't think Hogan brought anyone in. Hogan wasn't at fault for everything. I'm just not buying into the B.S that Hogan had so many roles backstage
Just mostly his fault. Talent relations booked Brooke, Hall, Waltman, Bischoff, Garrent Bischoff (?) and I believe he attracted talent such as RVD, Foley and Anderson. He didn't have so many roles, he took up space.

·
Registered
4,794 Posts
There will definitely be more focus on the rest of the roster since w/o they have about 50 more minutes on their show.
So true. Hopefully the stables are done, along with Hogan. This in theory, should give a lot more time to develop the mid-card/X Division. Although, I'm sure Dixie will fill that void.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts