Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now as most of the people here are already pointing out to the illogical conclusion which was Roode losing to Kurt Angle at the Main Event of Bound For Glory, there maybe some logic attatched to it.

Kurt Angle is a house hold name, perhaps the ONLY house hold name who is a heel at this moment in time. This Bound For Glory has had Roode become a very serious contender for the world title but what if he would have won?

Option 1. The next PPV would be Roode vs a Heel Storm and that is as far as it goes.
People won't care about this match outside the regular viewers. Bound For Glory was meant to bring the product to a high with recognizable names helping the product into a direction for newer viewers.
Option 2. Kurt Angle rematch.

This PPV, in my opinion was mainly based on getting newer veiwers and targeting a new crowd.

Hence you had an era ending Hulk Hogan vs Sting match, had Anderson win, had Styles and Daniels face each other so newer veiwers can see what TNA is all about, have Austin Aries still be the man in a rematch(however aimed at a newer viewer it would be the 1st time), Jeff Hardy appearing and finaly Kurt Angle winning and Crimson being pushed as the unbeatable monster.

When the viewers view the product this week there will be a few things already established within their mind frame

1. A REAL World Heavyweight Champion, an established star, probably the best ever.
Kurt Angle, and then they will replay the footage and everyone would be shocked that Kurt Angle.. the! Kurt Angle needed to cheat to win in order to defeat Roode. Roode has been established as a contender for the Gold.
2. The Ownership of the Company changes hands on impact, you got lots of new changes comming your way,
a) Dixie re-instation means end of the immortal saga
b) Means Jeff Hardy comes back! gets re-signed to face Jarret.
c) Hogan for a real retirement, making a positive change
d) Kurt Angle is probably going to have a rematch with roode in which Dixie ensures people get a fair result.
e) A whole platoon of new top contenders, Crimson, Styles, Anderson and Storm mainly.
f) Styles vs Daniels - The Final Match at the next PPV.
g) I'm still confuded what direction Samoa Joe and Morgon will be taking.
f) Austin Aries

Final thoughts,
TNA does not have enough top Heels and if Roode were to win the world Title he would not have enough heels to take on. However if Roode wins the World Title and turns heel he has

1) Jeff Hardy
2) RVD
3) Abyss
4) Sting
5) AJ Styles
6) Crimson
7) Storm

to face and feud with.

·
Registered
7,746 Posts
Option 1. The next PPV would be Roode vs a Heel Storm and that is as far as it goes.
People won't care about this match outside the regular viewers. Bound For Glory was meant to bring the product to a high with recognizable names helping the product into a direction for newer viewers.
Option 2. Kurt Angle rematch.

This PPV, in my opinion was mainly based on getting newer veiwers and targeting a new crowd.

Attracting new customers sounds good and all, but Retaining the old/regular customers should be the first priority in any business. It is less risky too.. just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
381 Posts
I don't agree with you on the matter of Roode not having any top contenders should he have won last night. I also don't think that him losing at BFG was a bad thing either.

My thoughts on the Bobby Roode situation:
-Losing dirty at BFG elevates Roode and gives him all the more reason to continue his struggle to gain the championship.
-At Turning Point, Roode will be given a rematch against Kurt Angle and will finally successfully become the TNA World Champion.
-This would set up a rubber match between the two of them heading into Final Resolution. This could have a special stipulation to it (2 of 3 falls, Iron Man Match) with Roode finally going over as a great face for the company.
-TNA would have two months two not only build the Roode/Angle saga, but to also establish a series of contenders for him to challenge in 2012. Top contenders could be Daniels, Storm, Jarrett, Bully Ray, Anderson, and Styles.
-After becoming champion, Roode could feel isolated from his Immortal buddies and feel pressured to turn heel on them, leading to Immortal collapsing and a huge feud between Storm, Roode, and AJ coming out in the new year.

·
Registered
2,761 Posts
Even if Roode is given a rematch and wins the title at another ppv,it will never be as important as if he won at BFG. Thats why they can't make any stars the level of Cena. They don't give them the big wins that are neccessary.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts