Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
Peterson is particularly idiotic, considering he makes bank (10.72 million a year), and, well, you know, slavery is still alive and well in certain parts of the world today.

Sadly, Peterson might not even be the biggest idiot this week. Cappie Pondexter, a WNBA player, basically said Japan had it (quake and tsunami) coming to them, because of Pearl Harbor.

These two are egocentric pricks.

·
SNOWBLIND
7,530 Posts
Sadly, Peterson might not even be the biggest idiot this week. Cappie Pondexter, a WNBA player, basically said Japan had it (quake and tsunami) coming to them, because of Pearl Harbor.
I had to read this twice. First time around I thought for sure I just picked it up wrong.

Adrian's comment was ridiculously stupid, but Cappie's takes the cake for me. I haven't read the whole Adrian interview yet, but if he manages to dig himself an even bigger hole than Cappie wound up digging herself I'd be pretty shocked. I'd honestly be surprised if I came across someone on here saying something like that (assuming that person was actually being serious... like Cappie appears to be), and there is copious amounts of hilariously stupid shit spouted on here hourly.

·
Registered
326 Posts
I had to read this twice. First time around I thought for sure I just picked it up wrong.

Adrian's comment was ridiculously stupid, but Cappie's takes the cake for me. I haven't read the whole Adrian interview yet, but if he manages to dig himself an even bigger hole than Cappie wound up digging herself I'd be pretty shocked. I'd honestly be surprised if I came across someone on here saying something like that (assuming that person was actually being serious... like Cappie appears to be), and there is copious amounts of hilariously stupid shit spouted on here hourly.
I agree completely.

Cappie has apologized.

Peterson actually garnered support from several NFL players, most notably Rashard Mendenhall, who said slave trade and the NFL are parallels to each other.

Like, who damned stupid says this stuff, especially multi-millionaire athletes?

·
SNOWBLIND
7,530 Posts
I agree completely.

Cappie has apologized.

Peterson actually garnered support from several NFL players, most notably Rashard Mendenhall, who said slave trade and the NFL are parallels to each other.

Like, who damned stupid says this stuff, especially multi-millionaire athletes?
Well shit. I guess Peterson isn't necessarily digging *himself* a deeper hole, but if equally stupid comments continue to branch from his original stupidity then sooner or later there might be a big ol' hole for a bunch of them.

·
Banned
19,407 Posts
Peterson's comment is more of a mistake in articulating his thoughts. It was dumb but not meant to be that way (ie his thoughts = players doing all the work while the owners profit). Obviously not comparable to slavery but you can see what he intended. Cappie, on the other hand, is a straight up idiot.

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I agree completely.

Cappie has apologized.

Only in America, can stupid people become obscenely rich and be idolized by millions. :eek: If these guys (or girl) actually lived in a place like Japan they would be working at McDonalds.

We really need to stop paying these guys so much fking money and treating them like Gods. :rolleyes: Half of them wouldn't last a week in the real world, they would be living in a cardboard box.

·
Premium Member
40,798 Posts
Peterson's comment is more of a mistake in articulating his thoughts. It was dumb but not meant to be that way (ie his thoughts = players doing all the work while the owners profit). Obviously not comparable to slavery but you can see what he intended. Cappie, on the other hand, is a straight up idiot.
Yes. Peterson isn't saying it's literal slavery. He's comparing the modern worker to slavery because without the worker or the slave, nothing gets done. Workers deserve more of the revenue generated from their production.

It wasn't really that dumb of a thing to say really, it's just an extreme comparison.

·
Registered
326 Posts
TKOK™;9470250 said:
or Latrell Sprewell saying he couldn't support his family on a million dollar salary.

Whatevery happened to Sprewell anyway?
He spent all of his money on food.

Now, he is in major debt, (now, I am being serious).

I don't know how a guy who made tens of millions is in financial ruin. Whatever.

·
Is Bertstarin you
5,830 Posts
Umm employees do the work while the owners profit in every industry. It's because the owners are the ones who take on the most risk, and have the most invested. If you don't like it, own your own team or business.

Could you imagine these idiot football players trying to run the league.

·
Registered
5,434 Posts
I like Patrick Ewing's, "Yeah we make a lot of money but we spend alot of money too" line.
Like they always say, if it's not about the money...it's about the money. :)

As for A.P., I never knew a slave that made millions of dollars.

·
Banned
19,407 Posts
Umm employees do the work while the owners profit in every industry. It's because the owners are the ones who take on the most risk, and have the most invested. If you don't like it, own your own team or business.

Could you imagine these idiot football players trying to run the league.
can you read son? i didn't say he was right or justified just that it wasn't intended as a direct 'we're treated like the slaves man' comment like a lot of people are saying.

·
the endorse who set the course
8,679 Posts
anytime somebody says something about how this is a "humbling experience" is by far the dumbest to me. everytime they say that it has to do with some accomplishment, being loved by the fans, something that's boost their egos. not surprisingly, it usually comes outta lebricks mouth.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts