Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alberto Del Rio vs. Edge for the World Heavyweight Title has been at least discussed for WrestleMania 27. Dolph Ziggler, Edge's Royal Rumble opponent, has also been discussed as a possible opponent for WrestleMania.

source: Wrestling Observer Newsletter

what do you guys think about this? if this is true then its pretty much a lock that their not gonna let miz go into wrestlemania as champ

·
Premium Member
12,233 Posts
Nothing shocking there. As usual, the dirtsheets are not really reporting "news" as much as simply stating the obvious from WWE's current booking.

However, I would be genuinely shocked if Del Rio does actually make it to the WrestleMania main event. It's still too early for me. He's good, but he's nowhere near being ready for a world championship match at the biggest pay-per-view of the year. The majority of this forum completely overrates him.

WWE always seem to "shake things up" on the road to WrestleMania, so in the back of my mind, I think there's a chance they sent someone from RAW over to Smackdown to either win the title or challenge Edge for it at WrestleMania. If not that, then I could see Barrett winning the title soon and defending it against Edge at WrestleMania.

I just don't see neither Ziggler nor Del Rio competing in the world title match at WrestleMania.

·
Registered
9,904 Posts
I can see Edge vs Del Rio easily being the Smackdown main event at WM27, although Edge vs Christian would be the best option, hell even Edge vs Christian vs Del Rio would be an amazing match. I just can't see Edge vs Dolph at WM27, unless they have Dolph win the WHC at the Royal Rumble and have a two month feud with Edge winning it back at WM27, but even as a huge Dolph mark I do not see Dolph in the main event of Wrestlemania. Another possible opponent for Edge or someone who can be added to Edge vs Del Rio to make it a triple threat is Jack Swagger who can be built back up rather quickly over the next month if they wanted to.

·
Premium Member
23,217 Posts
Edge/Del Rio would be alright but Christian is the only guy that could really get me interested in Edge's WrestleMania match.

·
Registered
2,354 Posts
Hmm. I have actually said I want someone new in the main event - they need to get over new stars, before the old guard all retire in 2 years. And that means they do need old vs new in wrestlemania, for at least two years to establish credibility.

Personally, I think they are waiting to see how Dolph performs in the feud with Edge, if he does well enough, they will choose him. If he does not perform, it will go to ADR.

Honestly, I think the WWE is starting to weigh wrestling skills and excitement caused by good move sets more heavily.

After all, an exciting match does get the stars over nowadays, see Daniel Bryan.

·
STOCKING STUFFER
3,496 Posts
If either Ziggler or Del Rio headline Wrestlemania I will be shocked. I'd say Del Rio is more likely but both are so new to the WWE I can't see either happening.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Del Rio is the most likely. I'd say if Christian was healthy, it'd be Christian/Del Rio/Edge, though. Ziggler and Barrett are also candidates but less likely ones.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I say it depends on who puts on the best show aty the Elimination Chamber if they're doing it this year. I see as SD's being Edge, Kane, Ziggler, Del Rio, Wade Barrett and any of the following: Swagger, Kingston, Big Show, wether they wanna push a midcarder like Rhodes or McIntyre or anyone you feel can be in it from the SD roster I guess

·
New Game. New Rules. New Era.
4,440 Posts
I would be SHOCKED if Ziggler or ADR headlines WM. I mean SHOCKED. I just think it's a little early for the both of them, however, if you look at the ME scene on SD! they really don't have too many options. And honestly, I don't want to see Edge in another WM ME. I can actually see ADR winning The Royal Rumble.

If they go with Ziggler/Edge or ADR/Edge, I'm pretty sure they will go with Cena/Orton.

·
Registered
2,616 Posts
And what's the storyline gonna be heading into WM? Edge kidnapping Vickie/Ricardo, torturing them and their respective boyfriends seeking revenge?

I can't imagine the WWE letting Ziggler participate in a WM world title match at this stage of his career. ADR on the other hand seems much more realistic as an opponent.

The WWE should do itself a favor and go with Edge vs. Christian for the WHC at WM 27. The story writes itself, the promos would be awesome and the fans would surely dig it. On top of that Christian can bring the best out in Edge as seen in their last encounter on Raw in 2010. It would be a win/win situation for everyone involved.

·
Banned
13,572 Posts
Edge has lost 3 World title matches in a row at WM its time for him to win one. So no matter who Edge faces in the WHC match at WM 27 i want Edge to win. If Edge loses another World title match at WM to me that would be an insult to his career.

·
Registered
859 Posts
Edge has lost 3 World title matches in a row at WM its time for him to win one. So no matter who Edge faces in the WHC match at WM 27 i want Edge to win. If Edge loses another World title match at WM to me that would be an insult to his career.
The Rock lost 3 years in a row at a time where there was only ONE world championship...it doesn't really matter if he wins 'the big one', his tlc matches with hardys and dudleys will go down as his 'wrestlemania moment(s)'......He's a TEN time champ for fucks sake. lol

He BETTER be putting someone over at WM..i hope christian...but theres like a 1% chance of that if his injury reports are true...... ADR (prob too early, but times have changed) or barrett or maybe even ziggler need to win this one...IF he's still the champ by then

·
Registered
409 Posts
However, I would be genuinely shocked if Del Rio does actually make it to the WrestleMania main event. It's still too early for me. He's good, but he's nowhere near being ready for a world championship match at the biggest pay-per-view of the year. The majority of this forum completely overrates him.
This is how I feel too.

Last year Edge fought Chris Jericho - with their long backstory and Edge fresh off an injury.

To go from Jericho to Del Rio is a major step down.

I'd rather see Big Show fight Edge if Christian doesn't.

·
2,775 Posts
Edge vs. Alberto Del Rio would be entertaining atleast. Obviously I am one of those fans that want to see Edge vs. Christian, but if that doesn't happen then i'd want to see Edge vs. Del Rio, in all honesty.

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
if undertaker doesnt face barrett, i really think its going to end up being edge vs barrett. if not barrett, then maybe somebody from raw like miz . i just dont see ziggler or adr ready for a wm main event at this point in their careers.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts