Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If superstars will be competing on both shows for the long run, I don't think it's logical that there are 2 World Titles. If they all compete against each other, they should have one belt.

Of course, the perfect night to unify the championships would be Wrestlemania. On that night, Cena is busy 100% and Punk will probably have some sort of important match. If they can't continue the corporate storyline, they'll most likely think of something else (Jericho I hope). Assuming that they're both unavailable, Del Rio will probably be WWE Champion going into WM and Orton will almost certain be WHC.

However, Daniel Bryan has MITB and stated that he will wait till Mania. Now this doesn't have to be true, but with the recent losing streak I don't think they'll rush his cash in. Seems to me that Bryan will be the latest underdog story. On top of that, there is also the Royal Rumble winner. I'm hoping Barrett wins the RR. If they have him win some notable matches in the winter, a Rumble win would almost immediately make him a credible contender.

This leaves four people, WWE Champion Alberto Del Rio, World Heavyweight Champion Randy Orton, Mr. Money in the Bank Daniel Bryan and Royal Rumble winner Wade Barrett. It's not that difficult to mix them together, IMO. Since they are all on the same show, Orton and Del Rio could argue over who is the best champion. Bryan is forced to cash in on Orton, so Del Rio can talk trash all he wants about Bryan being glad it's not against him and Barrett can choose whoever he wants. This could lead to an Undisputed Championship match at Mania, with a new belt hopefully. I would like the match to be an Elimination Style match-up, as I believe it would tell a better story for the underdog Bryan. He doesn't have to win necessarily, but scoring one or two pin falls should get the fans behind him heads-up against Del Rio (Raw vs Smackdown) or a tweener Orton (since Orton probably won't be eliminated first or second. Could be better than ADR but it's SD! vs SD!)

Now there are two problems with this match. One, since they are still part of a brand, it will leave one brand without a championship belt. This could decrease interest in house shows, since one brand will not have his own champion. But I'm not sure if this would be a huge problem, since belts will not change hands at those shows anyway. It'll suck for some children though, that might look forward to cheering/booing the champ.
Second of all, it could steal "Rock vs Cena"'s thunder. At the very least one of the matches won't be the real main event (last match). Still, I think the unification match will work as the second-to-last match. If they give both matches enough time and attention, it could be one of the most memorable WM's in recent memory (at least a hell of a lot better than the last one). After all it is Wrestlemania, the biggest event of them all.

Please leave your opinion.

·
Registered
511 Posts
The US\IC champs should be the champs of the brands. The World champ should be the champ of the whole company.

A 4 way elimination match with Del Rio vs Orton vs Rhodes vs Ziggler for the unified championship setting up a tournament for the IC\US belts the following night could work.

·
Registered
7,581 Posts
If there was one roster then this i what i'd like to see,

John Cena/The Rock as main event and John Cena winning after turning heel
CM Punk/Triple H in some kind of gimmick match with CM Punk winning to end the feud
Randy Orton/Alberto Del Rio is rumoured already by Dave Meltzer so WWE/World title unfication
Bryan Danielson/Cody Rhodes/Dolph Ziggler/Ted DiBiase Intercontinental/US title unfication
Undertaker/Mick Foley for 20-0

Basically nothing else would really matter to me

1 - 3 of 3 Posts