Wrestling Forum banner

61 - 80 of 80 Posts

·
Weird Heel Run
1,142 Posts
Batista winning the belt at Wrestlemania is ultimately the best business decision.

Daniel Bryan's entire schtick is gone once he "overcomes" the authority and wins the belt.

He still needs to be chasing the title.

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
even though they are both heels, still think they will end up doing Brock Lesnar vs Batista. They can live with Lesnar & Heyman being a face for one match.
I think Lesnar needs to turn Face after Wrestlemania anyways. The second they brought him back and fed him to Cena, it really killed his legendary aura. The fans would cheer for Lesnar too, he doesn't even get alot of heel heat as it is. Whenever he is beating up Henry or someone else everyone just watches with that "This guys cool" look on their face.

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
batista vs bryan? that would imply that bryan would be in the hunt from now until August...

Nah
It could imply that Bryan wins the title at Mania. Bryan drops it to Batista at Battleground just so Batista can carry the belt around while he is doing promotional work for his movie, and then he faces Bryan again at Summerslam.

WWE booking has been a mess lately.

·
Registered
187 Posts
I love how some people have been all excited about WWE's so-called "youth movement," yet it looks like a 48 year old has been is going to spend half the year as the champ! I honestly wouldn't be shocked if the only guys to hold the belt this year are Orton, Batista, and Cena.

Don't worry though, next year will be the year this all changes! <sarcasm>

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
I'm not even expecting Batista to make it to Summerslam. The guy when he was younger and in better shape was very injury prone. Now he is out there sucking wind, so his body is not getting enough oxygen, which means he is even more prone to an injury. On top of that I feel like every move he does is just sloppy which always increases the risk of injury.

Mix all of that with the fact that he is only 2.5 years younger then The Undertaker and is working 2 - 3 times a week, it just seems pretty inevitable.

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
People would have given up on Bryan by then. Bryan's moment is now.
If the WWE really tries to drag Bryan v. The Authority out until Summerslam then their pockets are going to be hurting. You can only tease people for so long before we all figure out that the we can never reach the carrot on the stick.

·
Registered
3,117 Posts
Batista can barely even move without looking a tad bit awkward. How are they going to have him main event from now til Summerslam??The only matches that I'd be concerned to see from big Dave would be against Cesaro, Bryan, Punk(looks like it'll never happen). Any other possibilities would(and should) be considered irrelevant. Nobody really wants to see a watered down rehash off Batista/Cena, Batista/Orton, or a couple of matches I'm sure have been discussed Batista/HHH(LOL),Batista/Brock(the match itself would suck big dong).

·
Registered
22,514 Posts
Bryan vs Batista for the title sounds good. Brock should face Orton and Cena can take on Reigns in a battle of respect or something.

I'd be totally sold if that was the SS card.

·
Banned
11,718 Posts
Have Batista hold the title til Summerslam where he loses it to Cena. Bryan'll probably be jobbing to Rusev and Punk still won't be back so I don't see either of those being possible opponents for Batista.

·
Banned
1,657 Posts
Cesaro vs Batista at SummerSlam. You heard here first.

·
Registered
8,560 Posts
I haven't seen a single good match with Batista yet. I was watching Smackdown, Big Show's return, Bryan tags in, match picks up a bit with his speed, then Big Show is back in, and its these three old guys moving very slowly, doing as basic stuff possible. I can't imagine Batista is going to be able to cut it in the WWE mainevent scene for months on end, working 20+ minute matches.

·
I'm the world's greatest superhero. I can do whate
20,570 Posts
Where are you getting that from? :confused: Bryan's feuding with Trips right now, and Batista with Orton.
No, he's feuding with Batista AND HHH. Whether or not he pulls double duty at XXX, seems likely Bryan will face Batista at ER. Batista is spending more time fucking with Bryan than Orton. Orton is the champ and he is barely doing anything.

·
Registered
8,560 Posts
Orton is the champ and he is barely doing anything.
John Cena put his rivalry against Randy Orton to an end and the Authority kept Bryan out of the Royal Rumble. Orton is completely lameduck as a heel as he can't work against either babyface that matters. Not sure where he goes after losing the title, but putting over a newly turned Reigns seems like a good place to start.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Summerslam

Read there preparing for the Summerslam PPV with a match for Cena or Bryan with Punk added to the rumours.
It will either be Orton or Batista who face them.

Title match maybe?
Shame they probably should be concentrating on WM 30 as it's the biggest WWE PPV of the year.

For my £17.95 for WM this year I'm expecting a decent show.

61 - 80 of 80 Posts