Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 130 Posts

·
Registered
904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
NoDQ.com > WWE > Possible reason for Morrison's lack of big push
Posted by Roscoe De Soto on 01/22/2011 at 07:30 PM

Former WWE creative team member John Piermarini has started his own blog at http://wrestlingrecall.blogspot.com/ and here is an excerpt regarding the mindset of WWE and Vince McMahon:

"Vince’s philosophy on Daniel Bryan is he isn’t an ass kicker but he can beat you because he can capitalize on your mistakes. In this instance, it works. On the other hand Vince thinks John Morrison can’t kick anyone’s ass in a real fight therefore he can’t be a top babyface. Morrison has the chance to take the ball and run with it, but he is running uphill."
http://nodq.com/wwe/297749373.shtml

What do yall think??

·
Registered
904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
His promos do seem to cure insomnia

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
It's always been speculated that Vince likes to push the tall, excessively muscular guys, so this doesn't surprise me too much.

I do hope it's not true though that McMahon doesn't want Morrison as a top face, JoMo is more talented then anyone else in the upper-card (ATM in WWE) and is getting further over each week. If Vince were behind him I could easily see Morrison as one of WWE's top guys.

·
You're better than that Cole.
3,990 Posts
"Vince’s philosophy on Daniel Bryan is he isn’t an ass kicker but he can beat you because he can capitalize on your mistakes. In this instance, it works. On the other hand Vince thinks John Morrison can’t kick anyone’s ass in a real fight therefore he can’t be a top babyface. Morrison has the chance to take the ball and run with it, but he is running uphill."

What do yall think??
-But someone like The Miz who fairly anyone and their little nephew can take out in a real fight is the WWE World Heavyweight Champion?

-But Rey Mysterio can defeat the likes of Kane, Batista, Mark Henry, Mike Knox and other big monster type wrestlers with quite ease and thinks he would stand a chance against a guy like Henry in a real fight?

Please. "Vince’s philosophy" is bullshit, I can somewhat see where he come from of the likes of Danial Bryan though.

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
morrison is awful on the mic. is this because his lines are poor? i don't think so. whenever he opens his mouth it really is a cure for insomnia hahaha. you know... some people have got "it" and others haven't. whether you like the miz or not.. he has definitely got "it". john hasn't and never will have.

·
Purebred Powerhouse
5,754 Posts
Morrison's flashy, pretty boy image needs to transition with the rest of his character. That's how I would phrase it. He isn't portraying an "A-Lister" or Hollywood socialite anymore, so the rhinestones and glitter come across as a little outdated and feminine.

He's a disciplined, focused athlete. And they've already emphasized that with the Parkour references and videos. So that's established. Just focus on it a bit more and upgrade his gear or look.

He doesn't have to be the toughest, most legitimate bar-fighter to pass for a believable main eventer - although the beard is different.

It's just sort of like he's stuck in half-assed mode or limbo. He's got the Jesse Ventura or Rick Rude look going, but that's not the sort of persona he's portraying. It's... awkward.

·
Banned
1,135 Posts
It's always been speculated that Vince likes to push the tall, excessively muscular guys, so this doesn't surprise me too much.

I do hope it's not true though that McMahon doesn't want Morrison as a top face, JoMo is more talented then anyone else in the upper-card (ATM in WWE) and is getting further over each week. If Vince were behind him I could easily see Morrison as one of WWE's top guys.
Cm Punk thinks your sniffing glue.

·
Banned
4,921 Posts
I bet Vince knows this first hand by nailing Melina in front of Morrison and him not doing anything about it.

Seriously though, Morrison's probably the most pushed face now besides Cena, Orton and Edge.

·
Registered
3,275 Posts
But Miz can kick someone's ass right? So can Orton?

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
Holy shit, did Vince say that JoMo can't kick anybody's ass?

:lmao

·
Student of the game? I am the f***in' Game!!
8,351 Posts
Morrison's flashy, pretty boy image needs to transition with the rest of his character. That's how I would phrase it. He isn't portraying an "A-Lister" or Hollywood socialite anymore, so the rhinestones and glitter come across as a little outdated and feminine.

He's a disciplined, focused athlete. And they've already emphasized that with the Parkour references and videos. So that's established. Just focus on it a bit more and upgrade his gear or look.

He doesn't have to be the toughest, most legitimate bar-fighter to pass for a believable main eventer - although the beard is different.

It's just sort of like he's stuck in half-assed mode or limbo. He's got the Jesse Ventura or Rick Rude look going, but that's not the sort of persona he's portraying. It's... awkward.
Indeed.

A guy like Morrison is not to be connected with or befriended. Kofi fills that void because he is more believable, playing a baby face his entire wwe career.

With a rock body and good looks flashy moves, John Morrison is built to be admired rather than form connections with his fans. It makes no sense why he would share his shades with the fans and call out bullies.

·
Premium Member
1,080 Posts
What do you mean a lack of big push?

If I recall didn't John Morrison beat Sheamus TWICE, clean?

And get put in a world title match?

If this is a lack of big push then what the hell do you call Ted Dibiase Jr's career?

·
I'm a Christian
699 Posts
Jomo has been on a really good run just lately, his pops seem to be getting bigger with each Raw, but the choice to use his title shot on Raw rather than a PPV could indicate exactly how Vince is thinking.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Okay, I honestly believe this. Who could forget Batista and Melina? All JoMo needs to do is finally confront Batista.

·
Registered
21,650 Posts
In years gone by, Morison would have been the kind of guy who went to make a living in Mexico/Puerto Rico/Japan because he looks like a movie-star, moves like a cruiserweight and has a basic grasp of English. With all these in mind he's make a great top babyface or heal in foreign companies. He would have never been considered for a domestic world title reign, I don't see any reason why he should be now either to be honest.

·
I'm a Christian
699 Posts
He would have never been considered for a domestic world title reign, I don't see any reason why he should be now either to be honest.
Huh, don't you see when he comes out, he can make himself go in slow motion, this should make him number one contender alone.

Reactions: The_Gizzame™
1 - 20 of 130 Posts