Wrestling Forum banner

Possible new tag team and revitalization?

1434 Views 15 Replies 15 Participants Last post by  truk83
What if Booker T and Nash came back as a tag team to get the division back on track? If they do indeed stay for more than one night, this makes the most sense.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
251 Posts
Please tell me thats a joke cause I laughed my ass off when i read it Booker T and Nash would do absolutely nothing for the tag team division wait i take that back they will make it the slowest division of all time. What I could see is one of them bringing in a Tag Team and playing the manager role that might work and I stress might.

· Registered
331 Posts
They need to fix the tag team division one way or another. Seriously there are literally no good tag teams in the WWE right now. hell all they do is throw tw guys together and thats a tag team. Thats not at all how you fix this.

· Banned
18,124 Posts
Booker and Nash should do some announcing. Chet Lemon ftw!

· Registered
1,942 Posts
Yeah, two guys would totally revitalize the entire Tag Team division...
Why do people think this? I realize JeriShow put some fire into the Tag division, well, so did Jericho & Edge, but they had Cryme Tyme & DX for the Unified Belts. So because T & Nash, ALL the other guys Barretta, Croft (woops), Hawkins, Archer (aw damn), Usos, Bourne, and others wanna partake in tag wrestling.

· I must away and tend to my ravens
12,061 Posts
What if Booker T and Nash came back as a tag team to get the division back on track? If they do indeed stay for more than one night, this makes the most sense.
How could do anything other than further damage the tag-team division? Despite their ages, Nash and Booker are multiple time world champions and far above the level of the typical tag-team wrestler in WWE these days. There is NO quick fix for the division, it needs to rebuilt from scratch.

Assuming WWE actually want a credible division, and further assuming money is no object, what they need to do is set up a new developmental promotion dedicated almost entirely to tag-team wrestling. They would need to sign an entire roster of guys ideally suited to tag-team wrestling and let them spend 2 to 3 years working on their chemistry (they could maybe shave a year off if they signed 6 or 7 pre-exsisting teams from the indies).

Only when they've put the work in at developmental level should they start bringing these teams onto tv; this should be done over the course of an entire year to let each one get established. With that done they could maybe start putting together the odd super-team but they would still have to avoid the mistakes of the Attitude Era where they allowed too many main-eventers to randomly pair up and take the titles in their first match together.

· I'm a Christian
699 Posts
I would prefer to see more from that Stare down between Diesel and Big Show, I hope thay have something for Booker too.

· Registered
5 Posts
it will be great to have both back as full-time or do something with them. Seriously, the response they got at the Rumble cant go unnoticed, it was huge!! i think the WWE has something there with those two.
but if we look back, RVD also had a rumble appearance a couple of years ago and it was a one-night-only deal, i hope its not the same this time.

· Banned
6,748 Posts
Wouldn't mind seeing these tag teams first, and then we could start talking.

1) Kings of Wrestling- Obviously not going to happen, but this is a tag team that would be perfect for the WWE right now. Both members are also solid singles wrestlers as well. I used to not "get" Chris Hero, and then I woke up, and realized how great he is. Would mark out if they did come to the WWE. Sorry ROH fans.

2) Edge & Christian- These two were great in the past, and I don't see how they would be any different today. Don't change gimmicks. They are both fine with the way they are now. Nothing long term, and it gives Edge something to do after he loses to Del Rio should he still have the title at WM 27.

3) Ryder & Hawkins- I know this may sound wrong, but I like how these two have progressed. They would be the perfect tag team to feud with Edge, and Christian. There is still something about how Ryder looks that annoys me, but Hawkins has a solid "look" down. If only Zach could do the same. Both were really lame when they debuted as a tag team, and now I think they have found their niche, and would work better this time around.

4) Brett Dibiase, and Teddy DiBiase- A strong "face" turn should happen for Teddy, and his brother should be a part of it. Perhaps members of the Nexus lay an assault on Brett in his debut, and he rejects joining them, so they beat him not realizing they fucked with "The Marine's" 2 brother.:gun:

5) Tyler Reks, and Luke Gallows- The WWE needs to bring back Luke, and I think these two would make a great tag team. Something about them I feel meshes well. Both are, or at least look like serial killers, or criminals. In other words they are both intimidating. Sort of like a new age Demolition, but without all the "KISS" makeup, and borderline S&M gay leather studs.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.