Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
According to Dave Meltzer, both Edge and John Morrison are being discussed for possible heel turns in the near future. The deal with Edge is that, while people feel he is better as a heel, the Smackdown roster is weak on the babyface side.

dirtsheet take it for what its worth
i put this in General because it concerns both smackdown and raw so sorry if im wrong

·
Registered
544 Posts
Edge! Why the heck? He shouldn't keep changing. I'd rather Christian turned heel if they have a promo.

Doubt JoMo will as I expect him to go over Sheamus with an assist from HHH, and then challenge the Miz at the Rumble.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Jomo hasn't been face for that long so I don't expect him to turn yet. Same for Edge really although he is better as a heel I can't see him turning again until they get some more big name face's on SD. Cena MUST turn heel in the near future, I have never seen anyone in such a dire need of a heel turn before, he is becoming a joke, if he wasn't already. And I hope that when HHH returns and gets his inevitable revenge on Sheamus he then turns heel because a babyface Game is weak compared to the heel version.

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
^. Actually kayfabe wise, Triple H the face is way stronger than Triple H the heel. Though, Heel HHH is way better, if not miles..

·
There is no duty we so much underrate as... being
18,820 Posts
If they turn Edge again, I'll go postal ala Ken Shamrock after a match with Rocky in early '98.

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
they better leave edge alone. hes been face, heel, and back to face all within a year. leave the fucking guy alone so he could build on whatever character hes trying to build. if they keep on turning him fans are just gonna losing interest and stop caring.

·
Follower of Lockeism
13,482 Posts
Neither of these two should be turning heel.

I would have been all for a Morrison heel turn last year when his face run wasn't working, but he's finally got properly over and looks to be going places, there isn't any need for one for him. It's kind of the same with Edge, his first face turn failed at WM26, and now finally it looks as though he has the fans fully on his side. So he shouldn't be turning either, besides, how many face/heels turns does Edge need?

·
Registered
8,156 Posts
Turning Morrison and Edge heel are stupid ideas.

It's dumb in Morrison's case because they're starting to give him a push to the upper-midcard with a possible Title Match vs The Miz at the Royal Rumble.

It's dumb in Edge's case, because he's turned about 3 or 4 times within the past year.

The WWE has enough heels, they need more babyfaces.

·
Registered
7,581 Posts
If Edge is to turn heel again that only says one thing to me and that is a feud with the returning Christian going into WrestleMania which is becoming more and more realistic in my opinion. The more i think about SmackDown's main event for WrestleMania the more i see that with The Undertaker more likely to have a big match outside the World title with either Kane or Wade Barrett and Rey Mysterio almost certainly not wrestling for the World title the more i can only see Edge/Christian for the World title on the biggest stage of all.

Whether turning Edge would be the best way to go i don't know but i guess turning Christian would be very rushed as he isn't expected back until The Royal Rumble which would mean he couldn't turn heel until after that or maybe at the Elimination Chamber PPV with Christian screwing Edge out of the title and win it for himself. I would be all for that as Christian going into WrestleMania 27 as World champion would be much better than Edge as a face as it would allow Christian a good six or seven weeks to really get some heat and some momentum as World champion.

As for John Morrison i think he stands a much better chance of being a successful main event wrestler as a heel because he is never going to be ahead of John Cena, Randy Orton and Triple H as a face and if i am honest i don't think that he is ahead of Bryan Danielson either who is being fasttracked and who i can see main eventing after WrestleMania 27 if not at the Elimination Chamber PPV with the five other men for Raw's version of that match. Right now on Raw there is no real clear top heel as the job is kind of shared about between Wade Barrett who i would say is the top heel, The Miz and Sheamus so maybe as a heel John Morrison would break into that group instantly and a proper feud with John Cena or Randy Orton would be a great way of him breaking into the main event scene as a top heel.

I would even go as far as to say John Morrison should move back to SmackDown as a heel in a swap with Drew McIntyre who would take a mid card heel spot as there is a lack of mid card heel's on Raw outside of The Nexus and there is Bryan Danielson, R-Truth, Evan Bourne, Santino Marella and Ezekiel Jackson so maybe John Morrison to SmackDown as a main event heel in exchange for Drew McIntyre would be a good way to go. Alongside Christian if he turned, Alberto Del Rio and Jack Swagger we would see John Morrison more than hold his own as a main event heel and by working with people like Rey Mysterio, Edge and Kofi Kingston we would see John Morrison excel.

·
#RiseAbove
1,471 Posts
Turning Edge heel would be good for 2 main reasons. My satisfaction and Christian to go over at Wrestlemania.

We can all dream, right?

Leave JoMo alone. No reason for him to turn.

·
Premium Member
1,165 Posts
According to me, Dave Meltzer is being discussed as being a fucking Idiot. "Take two Random names and make up some Bullshit story about them".

I could be a dirtsheet journalist: "According to ♠Chip♠, Two huge WWE stars are being planned for a title run sometime in the next year".

There, Easy.

·
Premium Member
10,171 Posts
♠Chip♠;9139683 said:
According to me, Dave Meltzer is being discussed as being a fucking Idiot.
Here, here.

I would ask people to stop posting these incorrect, completely stupid dirtsheets from clueless tits such as Meltzer, but half the fun is berating their ineptitude in life.

Next month he'll cover his tracks by saying they've "decided to go in a different direction" stating he was initially right, but they've since had a rethink. Bollocks to your bollocks Dave.

·
Undergoing a gimmick change.
2,385 Posts
Edge doesn't need the heel turn, Christian does. And I'm going to take there reunion on Raw as a foreshadowing of things to come, because an E&C feud may be the only thing to make Edge relevant again, so he doesn't have to keep tossing and turning between the face/heel alignment. After Wrestlemania, it's difficult to say, it may be time for him to hang up his boots.

·
Registered
2,598 Posts
With 'Taker injured and Rey fragile as hell,turning Edge again would be a risky decision.Unless they really get behind Kofi Kingston.

John Morrison may need to turn heel to progress if his title match on PPV is not well received.However,he may get lost in the shuffle,as Miz and Barrett are over as heels.

I think Sheamus will turn face before Wrestlemania...after they fast track his unfinished business with Triple H.Perhaps a double turn with Morrison?

With the correct buildup,Kofi vs heel Edge for the World title at WM 27 wouldn't be a bad decision.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts