Wrestling Forum banner

Possible Cody Rhodes Angle

1982 Views 15 Replies 15 Participants Last post by  MinistryDeadman95
I think a great way to build multiple feuds with Cody is to have him start attacking ppl who are 'good' looking/pretty boys. For example he could start a feud with Morrison basically under the angle that since Cody's good looks were taken away hes gonna take the good looks away from everyone else. Instead of a Legend Killer he could be a ..... FACE Killer!
Reactions: shutupchico
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
6,148 Posts
Nice idea and Cody would easily be able to work it into his gimmick. It would just add another dimension to it and he could end up feuding with a lot of superstars as a result. The only issue would be that most of the better looking superstars are unsurprisingly young talent so it could be counter-productive.

· Premium Member
6,864 Posts
I like the gimmick and the idea but here is the problem. He doesn't even look bad. They need to put makeup on him so he appears as though his face is disfigured. Either that or turn it the other way around and have this self image only be in his head. Have Superstars tell him that his nose is heeled up and that he doesn't look any less dashing then he did before. Then after that have him freak out and call himself a monster and attack them.

· Registered
550 Posts
Either that or turn it the other way around and have this self image only be in his head
That's the way I see it going. The only reason WWE kept it going, imo, is so that Cody could use the mask as a weapon, and as a factor in a possible maskvmask match vs Rey soon.

· Registered
6,148 Posts
I like the gimmick and the idea but here is the problem. He doesn't even look bad. They need to put makeup on him so he appears as though his face is disfigured. Either that or turn it the other way around and have this self image only be in his head. Have Superstars tell him that his nose is heeled up and that he doesn't look any less dashing then he did before. Then after that have him freak out and call himself a monster and attack them.
That's the whole idea of this gimmick anyway, that it's all in his head, which makes him demented. The only thing that's real about his gimmick is that the mask is oversized and looks bad. Other than that, the ugliness is all imaginary. That's why the mask is transparent in the first place, just to show that everything is in Cody's head.

· Registered
687 Posts
That's exactly the point of his gimmick.

Rhodes is psychotic and in his narcissistic brain he believes he's been horribly disfigured when he clearly hasn't.

· Registered
1,372 Posts
Cody Vs Miz ... Promowise would be awesome and even wrestlingwise Cody is good enough to put up a good match with Miz who's becoming pretty decent in the ring.

· Proud Pastafarian =)
4,086 Posts
I miss "Dashing" Cody Rhodes and his beauty tips =/

· Registered
1,078 Posts
I guess Cody would never face HHH then...

· Premium Member
5,663 Posts
Either that or turn it the other way around and have this self image only be in his head. Have Superstars tell him that his nose is heeled up and that he doesn't look any less dashing then he did before. Then after that have him freak out and call himself a monster and attack them.
I see this happening. The same thing happened when Kane took the mask off.

· Registered
145 Posts
Cody is long overdue a good push as a top mid-carder that can take on main eventers from time to time. He built a lot of heat in a short time period with the dashing gimmick which I hated at first, but slowly grew on me.The dashing tips were hilarious, especially when he said lip gloss is not just for women lol.

That gimmick showed more for his character than just being a former henchman, but that he actually had a bit of charisma and could really be a real presence in the WWE.

· Registered
5,034 Posts
That really is a nice idea dude. Props to you for coming up with that. Make him seem like a really dangerous and psyshopatic person going around fighting pretty boys because his looks got taken away from him, so should everybody else's looks.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.