Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
839 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

With both of these guy's contracts expiring in November, and with Hulk Hogan to make a major announcement about his future with the company very soon at the Knoxville tapings, I think the feeling among most people is that, Hogan in particular, has been a cancer to TNA since he joined.

This thread is to discuss the positives that have come from the Hogan-Bischoff regime over the last year and a half. Has there been any? How has the company benefited from having these guys on board? Please leave your thoughts.

Personally, the two main positives that have came from the Hogan-Bischoff regime IMO is the increased number of on-the-road tapings of recent. I have read that, Bischoff in particular, has been pushing to get iMPACT Wrestling out of Orlando and on the road more often.

A second positive is the established big-name stars that have joined TNA since Hogan and Bischoff came on board. The Hardys, Rob Van Dam, Ric Flair, Ken Anderson to name just a few. I believe that if Hogan and Bischoff had not joined the company, some of those major names would not have signed with TNA.

·
Registered
546 Posts
having the program at the same arena week after week is going to lead to a stale crowd and stale product. The answer as to whether they need to get out of Orlando or not is a no brainer. I haven't watched the product however so I'm not really in a position to comment.

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
I'll say that some positives for me personally is first the production values; the presenatation was a lot more crisp and streamlined; I'm" also a fan of the Hervey Cam as well. Secondly, They got rid of the six sided ring (I know fans are 50/50 on that I can understand) but for me personally, I always thought of the six sided ring as a gimmick and it wasn't needed imo even when I first started watching TNA in 2004.

·
Premium Member
4,195 Posts
I'm not going to be smarky and actually contribute to the topic with things that I like that the Hogan/Bischoff did while in power.

Bringing back the four sided ring.

Signing: Flair, Mr. Anderson, Rob Van Dam, Ms. Tessmacher, Winter, Mickie James, and Jeff Hardy.

ReAction style backstage happenings filmed on DSLRs.

Cutting the number of segments.

·
Banned
2,408 Posts
errr...

Making it abundantly clear to the McMahons these two jokers aren't worth a cent?

yeeah... Beyond showing WWE, ROH, and any other fledgling fed how NOT to run the show, I got nothing.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Austin Aries, and Robert Roode winning the BFG series.

·
Registered
839 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Reaction
Improving the production style
Introduce new talents (Aries, Roode, Chimpson, Misfire) whether I like some or not
Give the X Division some new light

That's about it.
Who is Misfire?

·
Registered
3,855 Posts
Other than trying to get Impact on the road, not much. I wish people stopped saying that they improved production when it's still terrible and we've seen PPVs where cameras focused on people blading. Damn.

They won't be missed, they aren't needed, they weren't needed in the first place.

·
Really too good to wrestle in front of all you pri
1,660 Posts
Austin Aries is back in TNA.

Bobby Roode looks like he's gonna be a major star.

Err, that's kinda it.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Other than trying to get Impact on the road, not much. I wish people stopped saying that they improved production when it's still terrible and we've seen PPVs where cameras focused on people blading. Damn.

They won't be missed, they aren't needed, they weren't needed in the first place.
But they have improved production. It's way better than it used to be.
Try watching indy promotions where everything is filmed on flipcams.

·
Premium Member
43,608 Posts
Not many, but the best thing I've seen that occurred under their watch is the Beer Money/Machine Guns series of matches. I don't know if they had anything to do with that, but like I said, its the best thing to happen on their watch.

·
Registered
12,737 Posts
- They finally got Dixie to change the name of the company but according to rumors she is the reason you still see the "TNA" logo around.

- 4 Sided ring.

- Ric Flair, Mr. Anderson, Rob Van Dam, Ms. Tessmacher, Winter, Mickie James,Crimson, Gunner, Austin Aries and Jeff Hardy.

- Reaction.

- Improving the production style.

- X Division now make sense.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts