Wrestling Forum banner

61 - 80 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
3,738 Posts
Daniel Bryan. It still horrifies me just how he got to where he did. I would have released the tramp a long time ago.

·
Registered
6,644 Posts
- Paige. Don't really have much else to add but I was never a fan. Hotshotted the title for a flat run that has little to no standout moments and was never wowed by her promo or in ring abilities. I recall her "This is my house," more than I do any of her notable matches or promos.

Oh, well, there was her promo on Charlotte's deceased brother.

- Seth Rollins '14 - mid '16. Still not completely sold on him as a main event talent but he's shown flashes. I have no idea wtf they're doing with his character currently, though. Not turning him in a double turn against Reigns when he returned because fans were going to love their lord and savior Joe Anoa'i will forever go down in history as one of the biggest blown opportunities of all time, and for no reason other than bullheaded pride & spite.

·
Banned
3,496 Posts
Adam Cole. I don't get it. I keep hearing how much WWE wants him and I'm like..Why? He looks like a manlet. He cuts a solid promo, but like..I just don't understand the hype.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Jeff Fucking Hardy.
Point out ONE good promo he ever cut. Point out ONE good match he's ever had that didn't involve infantile stunts and high-spots. And you know what really gets me? The guy's a fucking hick. He's a yokel. A fucking hillbilly who LITERALLY lived in a trailer. Yet he kept insisting on doing all these stupid edgy gimmicks where he was meant to be this "tortured soul" or whatever the fuck - but as soon as he opened his mouth, it all fell apart because he sounded like the rapists from Deliverance.
The guy is a carny, he's a hack, he has no talent, and his fans can't even justify why they like him.

·
Registered
5,071 Posts
There were/is quite a few.
SCSA. I personally found his matches very formulaic, 99% of them spilled outside the ring/into the audience.
And more recently Edge. I liked him in E & C, but I never saw what´s great in him as a singles competitor, and 11 title reigns is just laughable.
And I won´t even go the Ellsworth or Reigns route -those are way too obvious.

·
All out of bubblegum.
5,301 Posts
Punk.

Sloppy in the ring (he gets a pass but Cena gets ripped for this constantly?). The dude was botching his own finisher constantly for his last few years.

Good mic worker heavily inflated by them letting him shoot but people were putting him on GOAT mic worker lists...

Which brings me to his ridiculous marks souring me on him further.

No doubt the guy was good overall, just never got him as a main-eventer and I'm not a an of "voice of the IWC" character. His best work was with the SES on Smackdown before his major move up the card.

I was never into Foley at the time but going back now, I find him very underrated. Sure he wasn't a technician but the guy put on great matches and his heel run as mankind was fantastic.

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
Off the top of my head:

Triple H
Cena
Sasha
Ambrose
Reigns
Bayley (i understand she's for the kids, but all i see are grown up creepers wearing her gear)

·
100% Straight Fire
2,692 Posts
I agree with the Triple H call actually. I just never really saw the appeal. His feud with Foley was utterly fantastic, but beyond that I've always found him really boring.

·
Registered
3,788 Posts
I have to go with Christian. I never understood why he was so popular until I joined wrestling forums online, and even then I still thought he wasn't worth all that praise. And I understand the talent he had, I just was never entertained enough to justify the hype.

·
Banned
4,268 Posts
Randy Orton. Terrible on the mic, boring in the ring and one facial expression. Just awful.

Dean Ambrose. He belongs on Sesame Street, yet he's supposed to be a hardcore maniac.

Bray Wyatt. It quickly became apparent that he has nothing to offer outside of that one promo he's capable of cutting.
I'm with you apart from Wyatt. When the guy has been booked well, he has always excelled but for too often theyve made him irrelevant.

·
Registered
678 Posts
Rey Mysterio, Jeff Hardy and Damien Sandow

·
Registered
312 Posts
Ambrose. Genuinely just can't see what people love about the guy and don't hit me that, 'go watch his Moxley stuff' shit, seen it, it was good but he can't do it in WWE. His Dean Ambrose character sucks.

·
Harvester of Sorrow
12,279 Posts
Rey Mysterio, Eddie Guerrero, and John Cena. Mark Henry is another one considering how popular he became around here a few years ago.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Bret Hart - not a fan at all, albeit I'm 26 so I only really know him as a bitter old man who tries to use the internet to take young guys' legs out from underneath them.
Stone Cold - Just never really got it.
Rated R Edge - I preferred the clean cut Edge that had trouble getting over.
AJ Styles - I just don't feel anything.

61 - 80 of 80 Posts