Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
4,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who are some popular wrestlers that you were never warmed up to?

For me, the answer is Triple H. As a child, I saw him simply as the guy who married Stephanie McMahon and opposed The Rock, Mick Foley, and Steve Austin. Those people, in other words, were at the forefront; Triple H was just someone next to them.

I also remember his infamous reign of terror in 2003-2004 -- he just kept beating good people (e.g. Booker T, RVD, Kane) for no legitimate purpose.

·
I clearly felt the tap
4,488 Posts
Randy Orton. Terrible on the mic, boring in the ring and one facial expression. Just awful.

Dean Ambrose. He belongs on Sesame Street, yet he's supposed to be a hardcore maniac.

Bray Wyatt. It quickly became apparent that he has nothing to offer outside of that one promo he's capable of cutting.

·
Registered
6,115 Posts
daniel bryan - embarrassment to the business
cm punk - wildly overrated though i have became more of a fan recently re watching some of his stuff
Bret hart- just doesnt appeal to me in the slightest
RVD- just another face on the roster which nothing fresh to offer
Sasha banks- pandering, poor matches and wouldnt look legit even if she had a knife in her hand

·
Anti-Hero
9,798 Posts
If a wrestler was 'popular', chances are that I didn't like them, that's just not how I operate, and the general populace usually likes things I don't. It's always been that way for me.

Hogan, HHH, HBK, The Rock, Sting, Taker, Kane, Cena, Edge, Goldberg and I was only lukewarm on Stone Cold as a Hollywood Blonde/Stunning Steve fan.

·
Silently superior... Minus the silent
270 Posts
I was a big Bret Hart mark and was a kid at the time, so never really warmed to Shawn Michaels. Turns out that was probably a reasonable call given his character. Not to take anything away from his in-ring ability, but I've never been a fan. Favourite moment was Mike Tyson laying him out. Haha.

Also, I'll get hell for this, but Becky Lynch and Bayley. Both of their finishers just kill them for me. I'm hoping that Bayley/Charlotte brings out whatever it is Bayley fans like about her. Genuinely open to liking her, but when the biggest moments you've seen from someone are belly-to-belly's, it's hard.

·
Taking another Z pack
121 Posts
HBK and Bret Hart - I cringe when i see either one of them or constantly rolling my eyes hoping they shut up, i've tried to get into both of their characters and have seen some passable matches put on by both but i just cant get behind either one of them. I went on a beer break last time i was at a live raw just to avoid even seeing Bret Hart when he appeared. I dont know what it is about them, with Shawn i thought that DX had some great moments and even the raw NWO with Nash but i always find myself more into / supporting HHH or Nash or the other people he's with in whatever situation.

The Rock - He's always felt to me like a mad tv or snl reject, he tries so hard to get you to laugh and he's just not funny... Heel or Face i loathe the guy. Plus his moveset is not impressive whatsoever.

More Recent -
Ellsworth - I just don't get it.. hes zach gowen 2.0 just has both legs.. its embarrassing to see him on SD even CLOSE to the ME scene, if anything have him get squashed week after week. It blows my mind that their giving him a chance and he even gets a reaction.
Ryback - Absolute moron , not funny, likes to purposely try to hurt people then laugh about it.
Reigns - this would be an essay.. you should get it already.

·
Let's talk about six, baby.
8,323 Posts
Triple H for me too. Of the current roster there's a few but the biggest one is probably Nakamura. I just don't see what makes him world class. He's a good enough worker but I have yet to be blown away.

·
★ Liverpool FC ★
2,460 Posts
I would say Daniel Bryan but only from the moment he started the whole Yes! Movement.

John Cena is a classic one. I do started to appreciate him more again after his last US title reign.

Hulk Hogan. Just doesn't do anything for me.

Roman Reigns. Another obvious answer.

Ryback. Even during his face run I loathed the guy.
Probably the first time I was happy about someone leaving the WWE.

Kevin Nash

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
Sammi Zayn- literally gives me no reason to get behind him. No personality or charisma. He's like a poor mans Daniel Bryan.

Becky Lynch- I've listened to her interviews she's seem really cool and I've tried to like her but she's a terrible promo and is extremely clumsy in the ring.

Seth Rollins- I like him but I don't think he's as good as he's make him out to be. People say he's leagues ahead of Ambrose and Reigns in the ring yet in reality it's just that he's more athletic.

Nakamura- I'm convinced people are just pretending to like him because they're scared they'll be brow beaten by smarks. He's not that great of a worker, he looks like he's squeezing out a turd every-time he talks and makes me cringe when he does those forced faces.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 80 Posts