15,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'll start:
Glee
Two and a Half Men
True Blood (Worst HBO series I've ever watched
Family Guy
All VH1 Reality Shows

As for shows of the past I'll go with Friends.

·
40,668 Posts
Let's hear some reasons why these shows suck. I always like to hear why people don't like Lost.

Two and a Half Men is the probably the most popular unfunny sit com ever. It's not that Sheen or Cryer are bad actors really, it's just the show is really stale.

All CSI shows suck. Every episode is essentially the same. The acting is good for the most part, but how many times can solve crimes the same way. They're also bereft of humor overall. On the other hand, CSI: Miami is one of the best unintentional comedies I've ever seen. Caruso always makes me laugh (at him).

·
Valar Morghulis
7,600 Posts
True Blood's bad. Glee's unwatchable.

Entourage is also really bad. The Ari Gold character is humourous to some degree but that's about it.

family guy/two and a half men/big bang theory/how I met your mother are all bad too, really not funny in any way. can't go into much more detail on that, they're just not funny which is obviously something that's highly subjective.

·
Registered
6,319 Posts
I've never really enjoyed an episode of True Blood, and it pales in comparison to other shows HBO put out. It could be entertaining if you follow it through, but I just can't. I own pretty much every other one hour drama they've made, but can't force myself to enjoy TB. I'd like to, as well, because Alan Ball is the shit.

Family Guy. Now, not the whole show. I loved the first three seasons, but ever since it was brought back, it's deteriorated at a very rapid rate. People rightfully shit on the Simpsons for getting worse, but MacFarlane gets away with this?

I've never gotten into Lost, 24 or Prison Break but I don't want to say they're shit until I've properly tried to enjoy them. They just don't really hold any appeal to me, though.

·
Super Moderator
19,327 Posts
I don't mind Three and a Half Men. I don't think it's a great show or even a very good show but I have never watched a whole episode without having a good laugh... So it does the trick for me.

I never liked Friends. While I don't think the show, "sucked," I just couldn't get into it and it hardly ever made me laugh. But I understand why people loved it *thus the reason I don't think it sucked*

I also don't see what the big deal is about Family Guy.

·
Kirk
2,565 Posts
The Simpsons from about 2000-present. It can still be good at times but it needed to end years ago. It's nowhere near the quality of when it started. Part of it is just the length of time it's been on. How funny can you really be through 500 episodes?

Also pretty much anything on ESPN outside of Mike and Mike, The Scott Van Pelt Show, PTI, and NFL Matchup. If you watch ESPN for just a day you'll see the same opinions regurgitated from 8 different people until a story is just beaten to death.

·
40,668 Posts
I don't mind Three and a Half Men. I don't think it's a great show or even a very good show but I have never watched a whole episode without having a good laugh... So it does the trick for me.
What is Three and a Half Men?

The new Battlestar Galactica never did much for me. I can't really say it sucked because I only saw one or two episodes, but I didn't see what the fuss was about. Had I seen one or two random Lost episodes I've have said WTF too I suppose.

A lot of people here are saying True Blood. What's wrong with this show?

·
Asuka
96,366 Posts
I'm always in the minority, but Mad Men. I can't STAND it. Technically it's well acted, I get that, but it's boring. It's SO boring. And it's not because it's a period piece, Boardwalk Empire is the best show on television right now, and some of my favourite shows like Deadwood, The Tudors and Rome are period pieces. It's just horrible. I stomached it enough to get through one season, because I really wanted to give it a chance, and vowed I'd never watch it again after that. Nearly every scene makes the mind suffer. Nothing interesting happens on this show...EVER. The fact that this blizzard of diarrhea gets compared to The Sopranos and The Wire makes me SICK.

Obviously all the reality shows, Idol and all that crap. Jersey Shore, judging by the clips I've seen is probably the worst show in history, so I won't even dignify it enough to watch it.

Oh yeah, Friends blows too.

·
DAVID OTUNGA's Personal Assistant
9,748 Posts
Two and a Half Men is atrocious. the only thing worse than it is Friends.

Family Guy isn't very funny either. out of the 22 minutes its on, i might chuckle once or twice, but everything else is forgettable. its just not very well-written, suffice it to say that people think it is. its just random, and a lot of people find a multitude of things placed in random order with random selection funny. and sometimes it is, but 22 minutes of it is not.

CSI, Law and Order, all of these shows aren't bad persay, but i can't get into them whatsoever. i'm a fan of characters, and of real, complex storylines with branches and all that fun stuff. this has none of that.

·
It All Ends.
1,028 Posts
I never understood why everyone loved Friends so much. I mean, granted, I don't think it was a bad show - but, from what I saw, it wasn't particularly amazing, either. I don't know - I guess I was never part of the mad Friends-craze.

I can't even bring myself to watch Glee. I really can't. The adverts tell me all I need to know.

·
Banned
7,852 Posts
I was never a fan of Friends, yeah it's OK if there is nothing else on, but it didn't make me laugh, and I didn't and don't understand the love it gets tbh.

Gleee is just pure trash, put it on for like 10 minutes once and wish I didn't bother.

Lost maybe it was because I watched a boring episode of something in Season 1, but it put me off the show and never watched it since.

I never got into Buffy until Season 7, maybe I was too young to appreciate it fully. But kinda love it now.

The Office, everyone raves about it, but I just found it incredibly boring.

Desperate Housewives, why on earth did this need more than 1 season? It's always on like 50 channels on an evening.

I noticed people saying True Blood and stuff, but I can't say I've ever bothered to watch it, the whole Vampire thing has been done to death.

There are probably others. but can't really be bothered to use my brain right now.

·
Valar Morghulis
7,600 Posts
A lot of people here are saying True Blood. What's wrong with this show?
I've watched 4 episodes and just didn't consider it at all entertaining, I get it's a more modern take on the vampire mythos, basically everyone knows vampires exist, but I just wasn't interested by it, the characters were boring and for HBO I expect better. The acting and all was fine, or at least nothing I'd complain about, but I just didn't like it in any way, I even tried to give it a chance.

Pretty much have to watch 3/4 episodes to be able to judge a show accurately at least I think, catching a random episode of a non episodic show and judging it seems silly.

1 - 20 of 186 Posts