Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Mamba Mentality
25,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Sandwiches selling out everywhere, social media memes trending, long lines stretching up to 40 minute wait times for service, customers and employees fist fighting, and now a death. People are losing their lives... over chicken.

Man stabbed to death after fight over Popeyes chicken sandwich

A 28-year-old man was stabbed to death at a Popeyes in Maryland on Monday night after a fight over the restaurant's chicken sandwich, police said.

The stabbing happened at the fast-food chain's location in Oxon Hill, Maryland, about 12 miles south of Washington, D.C. Two men began arguing apparently after one accused the other of cutting in front of him in line while waiting to order the chicken sandwich, a popular menu item that returned to Popeyes restaurants nationwide on Sunday.

The squabble spilled into the parking lot outside the packed restaurant where one of the men was stabbed. Police were called to the scene around 7 p.m. local time, and the victim was rushed to a local hospital where he was pronounced dead about an hour later.

"Our homicide detectives are hard at work on this one, but we have been able to determine preliminary that this is related to the release of the sandwich here at this restaurant," Prince George's County police spokesperson Jennifer Donelan told reporters at a press conference Monday night.

"For you to get that angry over anything," Donelan added, "and to develop into this type of violence, again, is a very sad and tragic day."

The suspect is still at large, and police are asking for the public's help in identifying him.

"We are looking for a male, and that male knows who he is," Donelan said. "He knows what he did here tonight, and he needs to do the right thing and he needs to step up and turn himself in."

Popeyes was "very sad to hear about the tragedy," a company spokesperson told ABC News in a statement.

"We do not yet know whether this was the result of a dispute over one of our products or something unrelated, but there is no reason for someone to lose their life on a Monday night in a parking lot," the spokesperson said. "Our thoughts are with the victim’s family and friends and we are fully cooperating with local authorities.”

Source: https://abcnews.go.com/US/man-stabbed-death-fight-popeyes-chicken-sandwich-police/story?id=66758004&cid=social_fb_abcn&fbclid=IwAR1p0YF62mLntgw_PU7MjCi0U1kuR3WRI1qkSbr5pMR8wTmOuci0pHdfQiY
They done lost they damn minds over this $4 Popeyes spicy chicken sandwich! Just the other day a NFL player said he believes the chicken sandwich healed his injured eye.

·
Registered
18,880 Posts
Damn, I used to live around there.

That sucks but not surprising.

·
Premium Member
43,813 Posts
I haven't tried the sandwich yet because, fuck that, I am not waiting in line for a fast food sandwich.

But to kill someone over one...are they seasoning these things with cocaine and heroin?

·
Registered
4,380 Posts
So this is where we are as a society now. Stabbing people over a chicken sandwich.........

·
Future Hall of Famer
2,277 Posts
It has been scientifically proven that fast food dumbs down people who eat it regularly or even worse daily. After watching those clips OP posted than I can see why this could be legit cause for shit happening like killing somebody over a sandwich, hotdog or cheeseburger.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I love chicken. I have sex with it all the time but never would kill anyone for and or over it. Jesus...wonder what the killer's parents were teaching it as a kid. Mass murder for any offensive online posts directed at him? Sad world. Rest in Peace to fallen

·
Registered
22,868 Posts
It reminds me of those people that went nuts over the mcnugget sauce because of Rick and Morty

·
Premium Member
4,063 Posts
That's just sad, people dying over sandwiches..wtf...

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
I give up, I just give up. They should check the drinking water, commonly bought, edible products and the chicken itself for what it actually contains to see if there is any reasons for this absolutely brain dead insanity aside from people just being mentally brain damaged to the point of their brain drooling and random acts of psychotic behavior occurs. What the hell is actually going on, this is even surprising me and I thought I MAY be slightly negative in my assessment of the state of humanity..

1 - 20 of 67 Posts