Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
961 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone else find him a bit... over-rated?

And as a side to that, does anyone find his cheap imitation of Dusty Rhodes promos a bit... annoying?

·
Registered
4,807 Posts
I especially hate it when he does this annoying... thing. You know what I mean, when he ends every sentence on a dramatic... pause.

·
Registered
2,813 Posts
It is called a character, If you watched a lot of TNA in the past, you may not be that familiar with them (other than shit characters like abyss)... Pope still definitely has a couple kinks to work out of his act, but I dig him a lot, and think he's close to being a huge star. At least he is trying to bring something to the table other than 'wrestling', which is a rarity in TNA.

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
Found him very annoying at first and didn't understand the hype, but i've grown to like him- more for his charisma and in-ring skills than promos, though. I think he'll excel in his likely feud with Douglas Williams.

·
Registered
736 Posts
I like him because his voice reminds me of Bernie Mac. And he also looks good in the ring :) One of very few good reasons why I still watch TNA.

·
Registered
12,860 Posts
It is called a character, If you watched a lot of TNA in the past, you may not be that familiar with them (other than shit characters like abyss)... Pope still definitely has a couple kinks to work out of his act, but I dig him a lot, and think he's close to being a huge star. At least he is trying to bring something to the table other than 'wrestling', which is a rarity in TNA.
I agree!

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
Pope is one of those guys that although i dont personally like him, i root for him to be successful because i see him as someone that the typical fan could love and really get behind. He has the potential to be big for TNA someday. So you can say i just accept him for the good of the company.

·
Registered
11,568 Posts
I've been saying for awhile Pope has talent except he comes off as corny, which is why he is a ratings killer and people turn the channel when they see him. He needs to be himself,first and foremost. Dusty is Dusty,Rock is Rock,Austin is Austin,Pope is I don't know?

·
Registered
3,374 Posts
He seems even moreof a Rock imitation with the new Pope is pimping at the start of his theme
I still like him though

·
Registered
3,180 Posts
I've been saying for awhile Pope has talent except he comes off as corny, which is why he is a ratings killer and people turn the channel when they see him. He needs to be himself,first and foremost. Dusty is Dusty,Rock is Rock,Austin is Austin,Pope is I don't know?
uh, but he is, what do you think he was back in ecw?

·
Registered
932 Posts
not a huge fan of him or his promos personally but hes still a cut above the average and definite main event material with a lot of appeal and potential for a decent fan base.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts