Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 85 Posts

·
Banned
5,646 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, considering how this tournament has been set up. It would be a great idea to elevate someone that has not been TNA Champion. Creating a whole new era for the company and attempting to create your biggest star at Bound For Glory.

So when it comes down to Pope, Anderson or Jeff Hardy...Which guy should be pushed as the Rock, Stone Cold or John Cena for the company and it's future going foward?

·
Registered
823 Posts
Pope, down the line. For right now though, I think a heel Anderson would be the best choice for TNA champ, but face Anderson fits your criteria, so I'll go with that.

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
The Pope.

Anderson and Hardy are already over.. Pope needs to turn heel and main event with Angle for the title at BFG.

By 2012 when Pope turns face again, he'll be huge.

·
Registered
4,326 Posts
I'd rather it not be a former WWE guy.

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
The Pope, please. I'm just sick of Mr. Anderson, and Jeff Hardy is already a damaged goods.

·
Registered
3,580 Posts
Anderson for now. With Pope in line to be the 'next guy' to get a shot at such a push.

Not Hardy though. He doesn't look good lately. Is too unreliable in regards to his personal demons. I doubt he's long for TNA anyway. Unlike the others.

Added benefit being that TNA can legit claim they 'made' Pope if they can pull it off. If Anderson becomes a bonafide ME, they can even tie him to their moniker that way. Not really so with Jeff. He's essentially a rental object to them.

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
Jeff is already one of the top stars in the business but should still be one of the top faces in TNA. Pope has the most potential star power out of anyone in TNA, he should be pushed to the moon. Jeff and Pope should be the two top faces in TNA.

·
IDGET
4,758 Posts
They really need to put the belt on someone, that's not already established and build a star, so it's got to be the Pope. Take the chance, put the belt on him at BFG and build him up as one of the top faces.

Get him in some big feuds with guys like Anderson and Hardy, so you can still showcase those guys, while building up Pope at the same time. Prob won't happen though, as it really seems like Angle is going to get another run as top dog.

·
Registered
18,833 Posts
Pope should be top face.

Even as a face, I still dont see Anderson as a good guy, just a bad guy who does good things(not comparing him to orton or anything)

Hardy will be gone real soon, just watch.

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
Pope or Anderson.

When I think of Hardy, I think of Bret. WCW stole Bret, a top face at the time, and watered him down so much until Bret was an upper carder at best. TNA stole Hardy, a top face at the time, and watered him down so much until Hardy was an upper carder at best. Plus both Hardy and Bret feel like WWE guys.

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
They really need to put the belt on someone, that's not already established and build a star, so it's got to be the Pope. Take the chance, put the belt on him at BFG and build him up as one of the top faces.

Get him in some big feuds with guys like Anderson and Hardy, so you can still showcase those guys, while building up Pope at the same time. Prob won't happen though, as it really seems like Angle is going to get another run as top dog.
They should put the belt on Pope and give him a good run with it and get him over as the top face in the company. They probably wont put him in the title match at BFG even though he should be there. Angle will most likely get another run, but he should work a program with someone like Pope to help establish him. If they put the belt on Jeff, well he should of been the one who got the belt when RVD got it, even a Jeff/Pope feud over the title will work just aswell as a Pope/Angle feud in establishing Pope.

·
These days I find beauty as depressing as years be
13,966 Posts
Anderson, simply because Jeff is sloppy and Pope's gimmick is too over the top. Dont get me wrong Pope is a great talent but there is something about his gimmick that I cant stand. Anderson can easily carry that belt and represent TNA.

·
Premium Member
25,943 Posts
If Hardy doesn't serve any time, do not be surprised if you see him back with Vince within a year.
TNA screwed up with him big time.

If I had to chose between Pope and Anderson- I'd chose Pope only because he seems to be more dedicated to the company and you know, showing up on time and not causing Borash to stall the show.

·
These days I find beauty as depressing as years be
13,966 Posts
If Hardy doesn't serve any time, do not be surprised if you see him back with Vince within a year.
TNA screwed up with him big time.

If I had to chose between Pope and Anderson- I'd chose Pope only because he seems to be more dedicated to the company and you know, showing up on time and not causing Borash to stall the show.
:lmao when did this happen?

1 - 20 of 85 Posts