Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Could u plz do somet about these popups on everypage
it slows down my computer and its annoyin gbecause i don't even look at them i just close them

·
Blood for the Blood God! Skulls for the Skull Thro
9,310 Posts
its needed to keep the website running, AP has to pay for all of the server bills and everything and this is the only way he can make the money..

You could, however, get a pop up stopper.. there is a free one @ www.panicware.com in the downloads section.

·
Don't rewrite the books, just rewrite the titles,
15,672 Posts
This comes up every so often. Rajah gave me a good tip, which is to go to the "Tools" menu in Internet Explorer and selcet "Internet Options". Click the "Security" tab and then "Custom Level". Scroll down to nearly the bottom and choose to disable scripting. It stops the pop ups popping up. It might interfere with other stuff too, but it's easy to turn off again.

·
Banned
2,731 Posts
OMG another pop up thread lol..........you know i have norton Antivirus and it has a blocker with it and its great......

if this site got money for every thread that appears each week about pop up's then it would be one of the richest sites lol!!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Am I right in saying that the only way of getting money from the pop-ups is from clicking on them? If there were 1 or 2 that came up from the main page (or even just one when clicking a inside link), I would gladley click on a couple whenever I came to the site. But having 4-8 come up at the begining and at least 3 or 4 (plus usually a couple when trying to close them) with every single click is nuts!! Unless they do pay for just having them pop up, I think most would agree to clicking on a couple everytime to avoid the bombardment of them. Pop up stoppers are great and all, but there's a lot of websites that have pop-ups that have usful info etc. Just my opinion, I understand the money issue.

·
15,672 Posts
I still don't see why people have such a problem with pop-ups. They're easy enough to stop without a special programme or anything, and otherwise you can click them. There are sites with more ads than this one, and if they slow down your computer that much, then it's probably time you upgraded to a computer that you don't have to wind up before use.

·
Jerichoholic
3,091 Posts
When I win lotto I'm gonna buy traffic syndicate and blow the fookers up! Yep downloading a up to date pop up stopper right now *crosses fingers*

·
Registered
160 Posts
Get AOL... Popup/Spam Blocker comes with it. But Still... By the time I got to a topic in the RAW forums, it had 107 pop ups blocked... (Yes, it keeps track of how many you get..) So I had 100+ just by going to www.weforums.com, and then clicking on RAW, and then the topic... Isn't that overdoing it just a little??

·
Banned
2,731 Posts
No u TIT! thats not how many this site has that is how many each pop up has as on the pop up after clickin it another ops up for that and so on till u get to the end of the chain ur chain was 107!
i have easily had over 3000 blocked wen on a numba of site's! Also they Exagurate how much u get to make u get annoyed and maybe buy a full version of the blocker you have fot or wateva!

B

·
0 Posts
I was at my cousns the other day for 4th of July, and he has AOL. From one page to another on this site, it was at least blocking 10 po ups.

·
15,672 Posts
Nitemare said in post #16 :
I have blocked 15,000+ pop-ups. There should be a maximum of 5 pop-ups per page load. If ther eare more than that the advertising company is adding more. I believe the max limit is 4, however.
The most I've ever had per page-load is six, but that was when I logged in once. After that, it's usually two or three each page-load. So I turn off scripting. Other people get a pop-up blocker. It's still not the massive problem everyone makes it out to be. No pop-ups, no forums.

·
Premium Member
29,365 Posts
To do some functions on the boards I have to enable scripting and I get at least 6 pop-ups per time.
I can't fix sigs or warn users while scripting is off. No idea why. Nitemare will answer no doubt.
I had a pop-up stopper but found that disabling scripting was better.

·
15,672 Posts
If turning off scripting's too difficult for anyone, then there's this free pop-up stopper:

http://www.panicware.com/product_psfree.html

It's easy to set up and use, and it works. The only problem is that it stops javascript windows from opening, so you need to turn it off to open links like the "Rate this post" one here, or to get to the videos and photos on events on wwe.com, so presumably it won't help the mods with things that Rajah mentioned.

It also has a little delay when loading pages with pop-ups, but sites that use scripting will still work (like Yahoo Mail). It's not wonderful, but then some people will never be satisfied unless they're moaning about something.

It's easy to stop the pop-up ads. There are programs and simple changes to Internet Options that do it with little or no hassle.

Is it worth making a sticky thread about this, just to stop new threads popping up (pun intended) every couple of weeks?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts