Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
904 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The pop up problems have become real bad on this site and I cant take it anymore because its so much pop ups.

Can you tell me any software I can use to stop the pop ups? Like a pop up blocker? I do not know any software to use so someone help me out.

·
Don't rewrite the books, just rewrite the titles,
15,672 Posts
Try Download.com and search for pop-up blockers. There are plenty of free versions out there.

Alternatively, you can download the Google Toolbar from here, although this does cause problems with some sites that rely on scripting to work (such as Yahoo! Mail, which needs pop-up windows for the address book etc).

Talking of scripting, pop-ups can be blocked by disabling Javascript on you Internet browser. Go to Options, Internet Options and click the Security tab. Click the Custom Level button and scroll down until you see the options for Active Scripting, and click Disable. Again, this will affect sites that rely on it (WWE.com is another one).

The most successful way of stopping the pop-ups I've found, however, is by downloading Crazy Browser from CrazyBrowser.com. It's free and works very similarly to Internet Explorer, and automatically blocks almost all pop-up windows. Other browsers can do it too, but I've been most pleased with this one.

Just remember that without the pop-ups and banner ads, there wouldn't be a site here at all, as they help pay for it.

·
Registered
5,935 Posts
If everyone uses pop-up blockers, or atleast everyone that comes to the site regularly, what's the point in ads anyways, if not that many people will see them, taking into account that most peolpe have pop-up blockers.

N

·
0 Posts
D-Man said in post #4 :
If everyone uses pop-up blockers, or atleast everyone that comes to the site regularly, what's the point in ads anyways, if not that many people will see them, taking into account that most peolpe have pop-up blockers.
Browsers. Guests. Lurkers. Idiots.

www.powerie.com - use that. It's like the best I've ever used.

·
Registered
5,935 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts