Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 2262 Posts

·
When we all fall alseep where do we go?
23,631 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I figured even though its not Official and alot of the folks here at WF tend not to talk about this genre that I would make a thread for us to discuss it as it only makes sense as we have Rock/Metal and Hip Hop threads on here.

I am a big fan of this genre from Spears, Aguleria, Perry, and P!nk all the way to the King himself MJ.

Let us discuss Pop music including favorite artists, songs, etc as long as reccomendations/news and all that other stuff :)

·
Registered
4,592 Posts
Re: Unofficial Pop Music Discussion

Ok a few notes about pop then

Metro Station says they are workin on a new album and that they have an EP with 2 new songs called "Time to play" and "Japanese girl" as well as 3 different versions of "Kelsey" (Regular , Acoustic , Remix) coming out on October 6th (There will be a new 2nd music video for Kelsey also)

My favorite pop music includes :

Kelly Clarkson
Metro Station
The Veronicas
Katy Perry

Also , I even enjoy the disney pop people like Demi Lovato & Selena Gomez and stuff (That new Selena Gomez song "Falling down" is great imo)

·
Registered
4,592 Posts

Yep they are great pop music

Also I see Metro Station as the male version of The Veronicas , still 2 vocalists in an electro pop band but they are guys who aren't twins instead

I highly reccomend both to anyone who likes pop

·
Premium Member
19,332 Posts

Well Lady GaGa's SNL thing was horrid tonight.

·
Registered
723 Posts

I listen to Lady Gaga alot (no homo) but I'm kinda a closet fan of pop music. I also like Cascada.

·
Registered
4,592 Posts

Evidense said:
I listen to Lady Gaga alot (no homo) but I'm kinda a closet fan of pop music. I also like Cascada.
I don't deny liking pop music and openly admit to liking pop music but I don't do stuff like drive around with super poppy stuff like The Veronicas blasting loud or anything , though I do sometimes drive with things like Kelly Clarkson on pretty loud and don't care , its just that some things (Like The Veronicas) are on a whole different level

I don't think that counts as closeted pop music fandom does it?

·
DOOMED
33,209 Posts

Probs only right that I'm the first one to mention Girls Aloud. This countries most important Pop band of this decade.

Lady GaGa tends to be a hit with live performances, her show in London is one of my favorite gigs I've seen this year, but yeah her stuff on SNL wasn't her at her best, all seemed a little off for whatever reason. Acoustic Poker Face was brilliant though, as it always is, much better than the normal version.

WOMANIZER came on in a club I was in last night, pretty much had forgotten my love for that song untill that point.

Demi Lovato's album is great, Miley's EP is great, Selena Gomez's album was verrrry bad though sadly.

·
Registered
4,592 Posts

^I had the 1st Demi Lovato CD , I sware Demi Lovato sounds almost exactly like Hayley Williams most of the time , so I was like well shit if I can have two Paramores why not? lol

I don't have the new one , and lost the old one cause it was on the harddrive of my old laptop (Which I brutally destroyed because it was so fucked up)

The Selena Gomez album is bad? I really like "Falling down" and "Tell me something I don't know" so I can't imagine the whole album sucking

Oh hey and you're a mod you want to edit the title to say "Official" instead of "Unofficial" and then sticky it?

·
Straight From Hell
10,066 Posts

I like Cascada as well. Her new single Evacuate the Dancefloor is super catchy. Actually her whole new album is pretty solid, titled the same as the hit single.

·
Registered
3,872 Posts

WOMANIZER came on in a club I was in last night, pretty much had forgotten my love for that song untill that point.
So it's fine hoes all around and you're doing the "omg, they're playing MY song guys" thing? That explains the Kid Cudi fandom.

On topic, it's 3 years later and FutureSex/LoveSounds and Loose are still NEXT LEVEL. Timbo is the best ever at this point, anybody know when or what his next project is?

·
Valar Morghulis
7,600 Posts
Re: Official Pop Music Discussion Thread

Winner here. If you want good pop music, then go get both of there albums. I enjoy both quite a bit.
Yeh, both Albums are actually really good imo. Well worth a listen to. I remember first hearing them on FIFA '09 I think.

Well Lady GaGa's SNL thing was horrid tonight.
Lmao, yeh, it was awful. Whatever the fuck it was she was wearing was hilarious tho'.

Still love her.

Agree w/ Brian reagrding Loose and Future sex lovesounds too. Both fucking fantastic albums.

·
DOOMED
33,209 Posts

So it's fine hoes all around and you're doing the "omg, they're playing MY song guys" thing? That explains the Kid Cudi fandom.

On topic, it's 3 years later and FutureSex/LoveSounds and Loose are still NEXT LEVEL. Timbo is the best ever at this point, anybody know when or what his next project is?
I didn't know I ever said that, bit of a wild stab in the dark there, but that's what your routine seems to be.

Timbaland held a listening party for his upcoming album Shock Value 2 in LA last night. Tracks played included Can You Feel It by Lady Gaga, Maniac by Chris Brown, and Say So by Drake. Other snippets played throughout the night could be heard with Miley Cyrus, Katy Perry, Shakira, Justin Timberlake and Lil’ Wayne.

·
Registered
3,872 Posts

It has potential. Only thing I've heard from him this year is those Blueprint 3 tracks.

·
Registered
3,872 Posts

It'll probably be like Shock Value, it'll have its share of dopeness as well as garbage. If you haven't heard 100% Ginuwine by Ginuwine I would strongly recommend you do. It's more RnB than pop and is a different style of production than Loose or FutureSex but to me it's just as well produced as those.

·
Registered
723 Posts

I like Cascada as well. Her new single Evacuate the Dancefloor is super catchy. Actually her whole new album is pretty solid, titled the same as the hit single.
You should check out Little Boots - Remedy. Has a really catchy chorus too. Other than that song she's garbage imo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=McdqerXrwXE

·
When we all fall alseep where do we go?
23,631 Posts
Discussion Starter #20

Great discussion in here guys, I agree about Girls Aloud and Veronicas they are a couple of my favorites.

I wanted to recomend a couple that most dont already know about and they are "The Saturdays" and "The Vincent Black Shadow"

The Saturdays are a group of females from England and the VBS also have a female singer.

I also really enjoy All Time Low and Hey Monday.

1 - 20 of 2262 Posts